Playstation 5

showtime

On 7/21/2021 at 11:57 PM, Heimdallr said:

I love my PS5, but I would NEVER buy from a scalper. There are so many things in life that require comprising your morals just to get by, but a gaming console doesn't need to be one. 

My choice would be a little bit easier if only they'd release the damn consoles in stores (!), which is exactly why I didn't cave to Switch scalpers and was able to get mine at GS in a few short months post-launch, but since that's unfortunately not an option for PS5, I'll admit it's been really tempting.

And being fully-vaxxed, I could easily go down to my local Target/Best Buy/Wal-Mart/GameStop and pick one up if given the chance. No more excuses with the vaccines readily available to anyone who's not a delusional, self-righteous, Covid-denying anti-vaxxer (sorry, couldn't resist).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

My choice would be a little bit easier if only they'd release the damn consoles in stores (!), which is exactly why I didn't cave to Switch scalpers and was able to get mine at GS in a few short months post-launch, but since that's unfortunately not an option for PS5, I'll admit it's been really tempting.

And being fully-vaxxed, I could easily go down to my local Target/Best Buy/Wal-Mart/GameStop and pick one up if given the chance. No more excuses with the vaccines readily available to anyone who's not a delusional, self-righteous, Covid-denying anti-vaxxer (sorry, couldn't resist).

What does buying a PS5 have to do with a damn vaccine? Like seriously?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I'm assuming the hesitancy many would have to try to buy one in stores without being vaccinated? Given that any store that gets then is going to be rushed by people wanting one (unless they were sly and made no mention of them coming in stock ahead of time)

15 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm assuming the hesitancy many would have to try to buy one in stores without being vaccinated? Given that any store that gets then is going to be rushed by people wanting one (unless they were sly and made no mention of them coming in stock ahead of time)

What's funny is Switch has reportedly outsold both PS5 and XSX every month for the past year and yet you can still find THOSE in stores rather easily. I was at Target the other day and the PS5 and XSX cases were both empty, and wouldn't you know it? Right beside it, several Switches. All in the glass.

The scarcity of PS5s/XSXs would eventually go away if only they'd have the testicular fortitude to stock them in stores and out of scalpers' hands (read: bots), maybe sooner rather than later (like I said, I didn't have to wait that long to pick up my Switch at GameStop, whereas I've tried NowInStock, Twitter stock drop alerts, nothing's working in me getting my PS5). I don't see many people wearing masks anywhere I go, anymore, so I don't think the anti-vaxxers/Delta variant would be giving them much, if any pause.

Edited by KManX89

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Please don't drag that rhetoric in here.  There is a dedicated thread that is hundreds of pages deep for you to vent in. 

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Think he’s just saying like the stores still aren’t stocking them in-store citing COVID as the reason, so it’s left to online sales which are easier for bots and scalpers to lock down. 

Though the supplies wouldn’t be too much better if they were in-store.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Think he’s just saying like the stores still aren’t stocking them in-store citing COVID as the reason, so it’s left to online sales which are easier for bots and scalpers to lock down. 

Though the supplies wouldn’t be too much better if they were in-store.

Naw, the real COVID reason is there's a microchip shortage due to the factory being closed through the pandemic and a silicon shortage.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Naw, the real COVID reason is there's a microchip shortage due to the factory being closed through the pandemic and a silicon shortage., but specifically they 

Yeah that’s the reason for the trickling supply. But like Target and places like that still don’t put them out when they get stock, as far as I know they still cite COVID for the reason and place little notes about such on those console cases. Like that’s what I think he was saying?!? I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Which honestly I’m fine with, having gone to stores and restaurants people are being awful to workers/staff right now. Having moms or entitled kids get the opportunity nationwide to get all pissy about something like that isn’t something I’d wish on those workers. Getting even more calls to the store than they already do isn’t either. I worked at Circuit City when Wii and Rock Band 1 were the hottest and hardest things to find…I saw how nasty people can get over not getting what they perceive they deserve. I’d imagine it’s just gotten worse after the last year where it seems like a lot of people forget the Global part of Global pandemic.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Naw, the real COVID reason is there's a microchip shortage due to the factory being closed through the pandemic and a silicon shortage.

Yeah all the chips are going into the vaccines. /sarcasm 😂

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 3

Well, I TRIED to get my PS5 Target order this morning, and while trying to check out, it asked for my password even though I was already signed in. Then when I got past that, it THEN said my card's expiration date was invalid even though it's literally the card I have saved to my effing account. Then when I tried reentering the information, it said cart was empty and couldn't process it when I tried checking out! This continued several more times as I tried buying from other stores while mine was sold out. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Man, I'm p!ssed. Again, I don't want to pay scalpers, but if this is how they're gonna do it, then what other choice is there? I can't go to the store to pick one up and it's obvs just gonna keep doing this every time I do get lucky enough to try checking out for one every few weeks.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Man, I'm p!ssed. Again, I don't want to pay scalpers, but if this is how they're gonna do it, then what other choice is there? I can't go to the store to pick one up and it's obvs just gonna keep doing this every time I do get lucky enough to try checking out for one every few weeks.

Just wait. It's worth it.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Well, I TRIED to get my PS5 Target order this morning, and while trying to check out, it asked for my password even though I was already signed in. Then when I got past that, it THEN said my card's expiration date was invalid even though it's literally the card I have saved to my effing account. Then when I tried reentering the information, it said cart was empty and couldn't process it when I tried checking out! This continued several more times as I tried buying from other stores while mine was sold out. 

Happen to me twice during the pre-order period. It sucks.

If it helps, I got my XSX on the app. Was way easier to get through than the website. Takes a lot more for those to log out

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Yeah today was actually the closest I've gotten haha.  I was so sure I had it in the bag.