Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

39 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Did you think Carr played badly that game? I recently rewatched that game, and I thought Carr played very well.

I’m definitely not on board with Brady for $10 million more a year than Carr. I’d rather have two premium free agents and Carr than one premium free agents and Brady.

But his slide was "out of bounds" and we lost so it's all his fault. 

2019's team was still fairly mediocre. We weren't winning anything with that roster. Mayock said the same thing several times. Build up the roster and if you have a chance to take a calculated gamble to secure an ascending qb with an elite ceiling, I'm game. But that opportunity to acquire one isn't easy to come by and Carr will IMO have a career year in 2020, given the weapons we'll add and system familiarity/trust.

If people want to move on, I understand. But don't expect a better end product in 2020. 

Advanced issues found

😐
28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think Carr is a bad QB, but I think he is replaceable and both him and the team need to move on. Both will benefit. To me he leaves to many plays left on the field and hasn’t learned how to let plays develop. Maybe it’s just the injury’s that make him pull the trigger early on a drop off, but it’s not something that can continue. 

I can respect this opinion. And, if I'm Carr, I would request a trade even if the team doesn't land Brady. I think he's clearly among the top half of starting QBs and, to me, it's clear at least the owner wants to move on.

But, I do think Brady is an overall awkward choice for the Raiders. Brady is a shotgun QB, and Gruden runs an under-center offense. Gruden wants to call the plays and run the show, and so does Brady. Guden has been pressing Carr to improve his second-reaction game, and Brady is not a second-reaction QB.

It's a shame, in my opinion, that the team seems to have laid the fault of coaching and the roster on Carr, but that is the nature of the position.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

But his slide was "out of bounds" and we lost so it's all his fault. 

2019's team was still fairly mediocre. We weren't winning anything with that roster. Mayock said the same thing several times. Build up the roster and if you have a chance to take a calculated gamble to secure an ascending qb with an elite ceiling, I'm game. But that opportunity to acquire one isn't easy to come by and Carr will IMO have a career year in 2020, given the weapons we'll add and system familiarity/trust.

If people want to move on, I understand. But don't expect a better end product in 2020. 

It's not only the out of bounds slide (on a nice read-option run by Carr) missed call that cost the Raiders the game. Earlier, Waller had a costly fumble, and on that same missed called drive, Williams dropped a pass that would have probably carried the team to a game-sealing first down, and Carlson missed a 45-yard field goal. But that game, the entire Raiders season, including the Antonio Brown debacle, injuries, and everything else, rests on Carr's shoulders in the eyes on some fans.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Interesting report, but Simms has no clue like everyone else. 24 - 48 hours we will know. 

Simms has no clue and is almost wrong about everything. Throw enough crap at the wall and something might stick approach 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Interesting report, but Simms has no clue like everyone else. 24 - 48 hours we will know. 

I cant wait for all this to be over, just fed up to the hind teeth with all the rumours and 'media types' who think they have some kind of insider knowledge over everyone else. I really dont want Brady in Vegas but if we somehow signed him Id support the guy but man that would be difficult. I guess every Sunday after the game Id have to slink away to the bathroom and self flagellate to cleanse my mind 😁😁  

13 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Simms has no clue and is almost wrong about everything. Throw enough crap at the wall and something might stick approach 

Probably right but that could be said of all the twitter posts you have been quick to post on here. 

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I cant wait for all this to be over, just fed up to the hind teeth with all the rumours and 'media types' who think they have some kind of insider knowledge over everyone else. I really dont want Brady in Vegas but if we somehow signed him Id support the guy but man that would be difficult. I guess every Sunday after the game Id have to slink away to the bathroom and self flagellate to cleanse my mind 😁😁  

Yeah I’m in the same boat. I’m happy to draft a Fromm or bring a Mariota type vet to compete and push Carr but bringing in a 43yo at an extra $10m makes little sense to me.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Probably right but that could be said of all the twitter posts you have been quick to post on here. 

Yeah I’m in the same boat. I’m happy to draft a Fromm or bring a Mariota type vet to compete and push Carr but bringing in a 43yo at an extra $10m makes little sense to me.

I dont see it with Fromm. But I'm starting to see his name alot lately. I think if we draft him or hurts we will probably have a vet backup in front of them. So it be both. 

I don’t believe any of these recent Tom Brady rumors! First he was the hottest FA in years and now only Tampa Bay and NE wants him?  Everyone decided he’s not good enough?  Either Brady’s agent rubbed teams the wrong way with a Lebron “Decision” type situation all the teams were willing to stall their offseason for (aka Brady wasn’t going to decide right away) or this is just BS.