Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

49 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is what I replied to in your comments. I provided the information as to where the dropped passes come from as I was the one who brought it up in the first place. 

'I’m not sure where the “drops passes” infor comes from'

Also, a completion % of 51.9 which is terrible. I mean, it is really terrible. Geronimo Allison's is 61% as a point of reference. I'm not sure this guy makes our team. 

Okey-Dokey. Thanks.

You may be right about whether or not he makes the team. We'll have to see how it plays out, with the terms of his contract, and whenever the players get back to work.

As others have posted, I think GB still drafts a WR, maybe even two in days 2 and 3 of the draft. And EQ will be back, along with the "wild card" being the guy from the CFL they signed at the end of last season ---> Reggie Begelton

Edited by JQ1

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Everyone knows is going to be a 2nd round WR with a certain Packer announcing the selection from Texas.

Image result for ted thompson

Yeah. This is the year we go back to drafting WR's in the 2nd, even if we consider them to be a reach. Someone like Quartney Davis, who's considered to be a Day 3 guy.

How much of the catch percentage is on Funchess vs Newton?

Cam Newton career completion 59.6%

Rodgers 64.6%

Newton league rank in completion %

2011 -- 18th

2012 --  26th

2013 -- 16th

2014 -- 29th

2015 -- 27th

2016 -- 30th

2017 -- 28th 

2018 -- 9th 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Say what?
Cam almost got Benjamin killed...numerous times.
Benjamin's like 19' tall and Newton kept feeding him passes 25' high.

He got him that Buffalo contract, what will Arod get Lazard, those 6-5 guys are all about winning jump balls,  Arod played that that one game, when we were down to 2-3 WRs vs Arizona and look what Janis did, if he did that for a whole season Janis porobably have been a millionaire by now too.

Edited by fattlipp

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

While 40 times are often overrated anyways, I keep seeing reference to Funchess running a 4.7 at the combine. That's true. It's also true that he ran a 4.47 and 4.53 at his pro day. 

Dang I didn’t realize that

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479103/article/devin-funchess-frank-clark-shine-at-michigans-pro-day

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How much of the catch percentage is on Funchess vs Newton?

Cam Newton career completion 59.6%

Rodgers 64.6%

Newton league rank in completion %

2011 -- 18th

2012 --  26th

2013 -- 16th

2014 -- 29th

2015 -- 27th

2016 -- 30th

2017 -- 28th 

2018 -- 9th 

Both at fault .. cam was inaccurate and Funchess doesn't get much separation and has shaky hands. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Both at fault .. cam was inaccurate and Funchess doesn't get much separation and has shaky hands. 

agreed.   Just seemed like Funchess catch percentage was not taking into account who was throwing to him.  Catch % is simply receptions / targets.   Does not account for catch-able  targets

Sick of all the "Rodgers doesn't throw 50/50 balls."  Last time I checked, this offense was supposed to scheme guys open. Now all the sudden our playbook apparently reads 50/50 ball to the left, 50/50 ball to the right, 50/50 ball short and 50/50 ball deep. Such overblown crap. If a QB has to throw any more than one or two 50/50 balls per game, that's the max. Fans act as if it's a high percentage play. It's a last resort in certain game situations, not an every down occurrence. And if it is every down, blame coaching staff for not getting guys open, not the QB for avoiding a last resort throw.  Other teams didn't seem to have to rely on 50/50 balls against our defense. 

• Like 3