Australian Survivor!! Now - Tribal!! Final!! Congratulations to our Sole Survivor - Outpost31!!

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Just so you you knows I'm voting for mission. To do literally nothing in competition, have someone else do all the work, and take all the heat is imo the perfect game 

If you’re sure on this that’s your decision and you should go with it.  We both know what you really mean is, “I’m voting out of spite,” but I would ask Mission who he thinks deserves to win this game before you did that because even Mission will tell you I deserve to win it.

If I lose this game because you, Orca, Pickle and Mookie vote out of spite, you’re the ones that have to live with yourselves and I’ll tell Mission good game and go onto Big Brother.

@mission27, who deserves to win this game?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you’re sure on this that’s your decision and you should go with it.  We both know what you really mean is, “I’m voting out of spite,” but I would ask Mission who he thinks deserves to win this game before you did that because even Mission will tell you I deserve to win it.

If I lose this game because you, Orca, Pickle and Mookie vote out of spite, you’re the ones that have to live with yourselves and I’ll tell Mission good game and go onto Big Brother.

@mission27, who deserves to win this game?

"vote out the inactives"

*votes for mission to win*

apologies for the delays fellas, i had an exam yesterday and a law school competition final four stage tonight. the exam went badly and our cinderella run in the comp finally ran out after we did something illegal in a negotiation. it was a good run - classic!

welcome one and all to the final tribal council for australian survivor

Australian Survivor's Matt shares excitement to take out Lee and ...

@Outpost31, @mission27, you are our final two. congratulations to you two. now in the thread you're able to explain why you should win to the jury.

you will do this in two parts. the first is your prose - you can give an opening pitch to the jury, as to why they should vote for you to win. say anything that you want.

next, you have to answer the jury's questions. every juror can ask one question of each castaway. you answer their questions and help them to inform how they'll vote.

the jury is as follows

1. @TedLavie
  2. @swoosh
  3. @gopherwrestler
  4. @Pickle Rick
  5. @MookieMonstah
  6. @bcb1213
  7. @FinneasGage
  8. @The Orca
  9. @ET80

@Malfatron, if you so desire, since you have followed the game well, if gopher does not vote and we have a tie i'll let you be the tiebreak - suchly, you also can ask a question which you have.

i won't do a deadline, you guys are adults lol - just do it at a reasonable pace and i'll open voting once every juror has had their questions answered and both have given an opening pitch. i will also give the opportunity for closing pitches the day before the deadline.

good luck to both castaways as we crown our sole survivor!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He’s doing it out of spite for Big Brother.  He can’t even be mad at me this game.  I didn’t even lie to him in this one.

Lol I have no spite towards you this game.  Had you taken et I would have voted you but alas you took along mission who has zero reason to be here but in the end put in minimal effort yet made the finals.  If I'm not allowed to appreciate that then whatever 

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I have a question for @ET80 while we wait for the pitches.

Did you know I was being voted out when I was?

Yeah, I did. I wanted to tell you, but risked a lot of my own effort if I did.

In hindsight, I think that was a mistake - but I can't really fault my results overall, as it got me pretty far.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I did. I wanted to tell you, but risked a lot of my own effort if I did.

In hindsight, I think that was a mistake - but I can't really fault my results overall, as it got me pretty far.

Hurtful

It worked out for you because bcb went after swoosh and not outpost with my advantage - which was 50/50 when I gave it to him 

Edited by TedLavie

25 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Hurtful

It worked out for you because bcb went after swoosh and not outpost with my advantage - which was 50/50 when I gave it to him 

It did, you're right - it didn't necessarily work for all of the right reasons, but it worked.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol I have no spite towards you this game.  Had you taken et I would have voted you but alas you took along mission who has zero reason to be here but in the end put in minimal effort yet made the finals.  If I'm not allowed to appreciate that then whatever 

Hey, if you think Mission - the one you voted to eliminate almost every time while you were playing - deserves to win the game, I won’t fault you for the vote.

You’re wrong and Mission winning this is an insult to the game of Survivor and Shady hosting a five month long game, but if your mind is made and you’re truly voting for who you think deserves to win, I can’t fault you.

My case:

Quite frankly, three people deserved to win this game.  Me, Swoosh and ET.  We were the only three thinking the long game from the beginning, made strong alliances and made moves to further us in the game.  They were the only other two who knew the numbers side of it.  Having votes we could count on, knowing where the other votes would be coming from, knowing what had to be done to maintain the numbers.  

When there were tribes, I knew it was important to sow dissent and distrust among the other tribe.  A tribe divided cannot stand, so I took little jabs along the way just to put some doubt in the minds of the other tribe.  I also knew I had ET should he survive, so I isolated a couple players and made it seem like they were on the outs with their own tribe.  This was important later.  As far as the immunity challenges, I stepped up when it was necessary for me to do so.  Some of the more exhaustive challenges I left in the capable hands of Pickle, Orca and Daboyle.  

Another important thing was tribe unity.  It works both ways.  If a tribe feels united, you know you can count on them.  I wanted to make sure everybody felt like they were one tribe.  I had an early alliance with Finn, Mission, Gopher and Daboyle.  This wasn’t working because the main tribe wanted to get rid of inactives and people who harmed the tribe.  I couldn’t stick with this tribe while also maintaining a sense of tribe unity.  Therefore, I voted Finn out.  This was an easy decision.  Finn had expressed a lack of interest in the game at that point and a bunch wanted him gone.  So he left.  This was not to get Finn out, but to maintain a sense of tribe loyalty.  

When he came back, instead of treating him like an enemy, I embraced him.  Why make enemies in this game when you don’t have to?  

When the tribes merged, it was important to get them out early.  This is why I didn’t vote out Gopher.  Had to make sure our original tribe had the numbers before we took out our own.  I knew the first one was the most important one, so I made it look like Wyld Stallyns was the target, and I made that obvious to everyone.  Behind the scenes, however, I told Wyld Stallyns I didn’t want him to go.  That I was going to swing things to someone else.  That effectively stole a potential tying vote and put it on a meaningless vote.  That was a key move.  

Another important thing in these games is highlighting and being very aware of your biggest potential threats to winning and getting them voted out before it becomes a problem.  

When the game started, I highlighted the following players as my biggest threats:

Malf - everyone knows he’s a shoe in if he gets to the finals
Daboyle - Always with the best effort and a likable player
Nazgul - Extremely cunning and knows this game better than most
Touch - When he’s in it, he can win it
TedLavie - Former winner, was going to host before Shady beat him to it
Mookie - He’s won before not because he’s stupid, but because he understands the game

Other than that, my biggest threats were Pickle and Orca.  When they’re both in, they’re easy to get rid of just because everyone is aware they’re twins, and once the numbers get lower their double vote gets more powerful.  Instead of going after them right away, I kept them really close.  

Thankfully, Malf killed himself.  Biggest threat eliminated.  Nazgul got voted out by the other tribe early.  Third biggest threat eliminated.  Touch got voted out relatively early.  Fourth biggest threat eliminated early.

Daboyle.  Daboyle was one I didn’t know how I was going to get rid of because I didn’t know who he was working with.  So when Finn sent an out of nowhere PM telling me to watch out for Daboyle and the Twins, I took advantage.  I made it seem like he was hinting they were up to something.  I rallied a vote onto Daboyle and got him voted out just before the jury portion.  

Next was Ted.  Thanks to my posturing on tribal loyalty, I was able to get him out relatively easily.  He had no numbers after I had gotten rid of Stallyns, Josh and Ragnarok 1,2,3 after the merge.  

After BCB took away Swoosh (whom I had worked with extensively), and after BCB won immunity again, I just relented and got rid of Gopher to kind of relax everybody.  Then I blindsided Pickle.  Hated to do it because Pickle was nothing but loyal and honest, but… With 8 players left and me only being able to count on Mission and ET since people were starting to notice I was taking out whomever I wanted, it was time to separate that double vote.  

Mookie I got rid of because I highly suspected he was going to make a move.  He acted way too complacent and was way too forthright about me having the best shot at winning.  I felt like he was trying to talk me into a calm sense of comfort.  Obviously based on his reaction after that blindside, I had misread that whole thing.  He was being sincere with that.  Wasn’t really playing.  I really thought he was biding his time to make a move with the twins and BCB.  Oops.  

BCB was an easy target.  Was winning immunity challenges back to back to back to back and was the last player from Matts original tribe.  

Then Finn went and tried to boost ratings.  It wouldn’t have worked.  I already had a hidden immunity idol that nobody except for Swoosh knew about (thanks Swoosh), and that was the last tribal I could have used it.  Then I used it on ET, who, along with Swoosh, was the only other player I could trust 100%.  

Orca went because at that point he was the biggest threat to take votes from me.  If he was in the final two, that’s automatically one vote that doesn’t go my way (Pickle).  I might not get either of their votes, and that’s fine, but I was guaranteed one less vote keeping him.  Plus, I had a final three deal with Mission and ET since the start of the game.  

Once it got to crunch time, I put it into high gear.  Not one, not two, not three, but four consecutive immunity wins to close it out.  

I had to get rid of a lot of good players that I had been working with.  Pickle, Finn, Mookie, Orca.  I felt worst about Pickle and Orca.  Mookie I made a mistake on.  Completely read him wrong and let my paranoia get the best of me.  Finn had it coming since he tried to get rid of me.  

ET I also misread.  I really did ask him if he cared anymore and I got nothing out of him for like three days.  

To the jury, I personally chose when each and every one of you left the game with the sole exception of Swoosh.  Ted.  Gopher.  Pickle.  Mookie.  BCB.  Finn.  Orca.  ET.  You all left when I decided you would leave.  Out of all of you, the only two I lied to were Pickle and Mookie.  The rest I told you you were leaving when you left.  

I controlled this game even when Swoosh was in it (to a lesser extent).  If you’re bitter about that and you choose to vote out of spite, by all means, vote Mission.  He didn’t win a single immunity (I won the final five), he didn’t make one move (I did), and he didn’t make one alliance by himself.  

Otherwise, he played a good game.  Knew it wasn’t in his best interest to rock the boat, knew not to try to get me out, remained loyal from the start of the game to the end of the game.  

Other than Mookie, Pickle (and Orca when I voted Pickle out), I didn’t lie to a single one of you at any point in the game.  I betrayed Mookie for reasons I already explained (ask yourself if you wouldn’t act on a gut feeling if you had one).  Orca, I could have gotten rid of you instead of Finn, but I wanted to give you a shot at winning your way to the final two since you deserved it.  I couldn't betray my very first alliance of three (ET/Mission) actively, but if you won Immunity three times in a row...

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean Outpost obviously deserves the win over Mission, I got super busy and wasn't putting forth good effort. I did far more strategizing in my Survivor win. I will say, the length of the game really hurt activity I think. This game was crazy long lmao

Same. I went all out for my Survivor win.

same thing with Ted in his win.

I think its a disservice to not reward the person that played the best game, or it sullies the game.

And that player is Outpost.