Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 year extension

Hawkfan191

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If anyone was going to get an MLB-type contract, it would be Mahomes.  Wonder if Kyler does the same if he becomes great.

You must be this tall to ride the ride 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ultimately this is likely a good decision by both parties. Gives Mahomes upside in exchange for locking in long-term, but also protects the team some if cap is flat or doesn't increase much over the next couple years. I would assume he has some flat number that he gets if it's higher than the stated percentage.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

It's not tied to a percentage of the cap? So scrub QB's will be getting handed out more money annually than Mahomes is making in a few years.

What an absolute steal. Brett Veach is the best GM in the league.

The cap will go up and so will contracts, but no QB will be making more than Mahomes in a few years.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So it's not $450MM, it's $140MM. He only got $30MM more guaranteed than Jared ******* Goff.

This where I don't understand why he signed this contract. In 4 seasons he's going to want a new contract. It's great in all killing the yearly amount but I would pushed for ether 100 percent guarantee contract or percentage of the cap. 

54 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I really like that a Mahomes thread is also a Whatabutger Thread😂

Rumor going around is the Chiefs had to also allow Mahomes to wear Whataburger where his last name would usually be. Mahomes will collect another 300 million from Whataburger for this endorsement.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

This where I don't understand why he signed this contract. In 4 seasons he's going to want a new contract. It's great in all killing the yearly amount but I would pushed for ether 100 percent guarantee contract or percentage of the cap. 

Yep. So realistically, the contract breaks down that he has his 2 rookie year deals that are guaranteed, then probably 3 more years guaranteed after that to get to the $140MM mark total. Then the Chiefs have 7 (7!!!!) consecutive club options.