Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, 43M said:

His guaranteed money would still be there, but he could lower his base salary substantially.   So it would still be a pay cut if he played in 2022.

And for the record, I am in favor of letting Ben go.   I just doubt it happens this year.

His dead cap is 21 mil alone on signings from previous years. His 19 mil that makes his 40 mil deal for 2021 is 4 mil in base salary and 15 mil in roster bonus. They will take the 21 mil in dead cap that they have to pay off as they dont have an option. Pay him his 4 mil base salary that he is due which will put him at a 25 mil dead cap. Then take the 15 mil roster bonus turn it in to a signing bonus and put it on 2022 in which will just be dead cap and sit on the books then while he retires, its a phantom year as he wont plan on being on the roster in 2022 but it is a way in order to trick the cap for 2021 to reduce it 15 mil. It is all about the language but it still causes issues down the road as 2022 will now have a dead cap of 15 mil on the books because of them not willing to part ways with him. 

54 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

And no the Jags aren’t trading Chark for him lol

I wonder if they trade the Rams 1st for him.  Brown is only 24 and if you believe he can maintain this level, a late 1st is not an over payment, IMO.   Don t the Jags still have Robinson and Taylor still on the roster? How would they reshuffle the line?  I know very little about the Jags roster.  

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder if they trade the Rams 1st for him.  Brown is only 24 and if you believe he can maintain this level, a late 1st is not an over payment, IMO.   Don t the Jags still have Robinson and Taylor still on the roster? How would they reshuffle the line?  I know very little about the Jags roster.  

I could absolutely see the Jags parting the Rams pick for Brown.

Cam is a FA and has struggled big time. Jawaan has had his struggles but I think it’s too early to write him off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Robinson is a FA this offseason I believe.

This is a trade that makes sense for JAX. I like this along with the Samuel move.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers approve this message 

The Raiders trade for Russ and the Broncos trade for Deshaun... Please football gods, make that happen! I don't even need to do any research to know that would make the AFC West the strongest division of all time in terms of QB talent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like the rift is bigger than just "I'm tired of getting hit"

This whole stance that Russell’s side has taken is glossing over one major component of the equation: his legacy can’t compare to Brady. 

If you want what Brady’s got, win what Brady’s won. 

Also unpopular opinion but the pass rush problems aren’t all the fault of the team. Russell Wilson’s height limits certain aspects of the pass game like quick throws inside the numbers in order to beat a blitz.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

This whole stance that Russell’s side has taken is glossing over one major component of the equation: his legacy can’t compare to Brady. 

If you want what Brady’s got, win what Brady’s won. 

Also unpopular opinion but the pass rush problems aren’t all the fault of the team. Russell Wilson’s height limits certain aspects of the pass game like quick throws inside the numbers in order to beat a blitz.

I mean, sure it isn't Brady-level, but Wilson has won 10 games in all but 1 season of his career.  Not sure why that is even something that needs to be brought up against him.  He deserves as much clout and respect as any QB in the league.