Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

For starters - That's basically what he is at this point. His average depth of target is less than 5 years this season and has trended steeply downward the last three years. if you'd prefer, we can compare him to Derek Carr or Jimmy G. It's all the same. 

Secondly - I already mentioned the weapons who will make the offense work, but I also mentioned that these are independent of Brees' actual play, and it will still make the offense hard to work with. That's what happens in the playofs. 

Lastly - it was a very successful offensive design for the niners and chiefs...and it worked until it didn't. Good luck in the playoffs when the weapons don't break it off 

*Eye roll* because yes, in 2 of the last the 3 seasons we have had the Minneapolis Miracle, and the infamous non-PI call against the Rams that literally changed the rulebook. The offense has worked fine because Brees has been great taking care of the ball and has been incredibly efficient, but yeah please keep comparing Brees the past few years to those QB's.

Just now, tyler735 said:

*Eye roll* because yes, in 2 of the last the 3 seasons we have had the Minneapolis Miracle, and the infamous non-PI call against the Rams that literally changed the rulebook. The offense has worked fine because Brees has been great taking care of the ball and has been incredibly efficient, but yeah please keep comparing Brees the past few years to those QB's.

ok. good luck. I'm sure it will work fine. 

• Like 1