Studs flying under the radar

RaidersAreOne

Jabrill Peppers is the big one here. Logan Ryan is getting a lot of love for being a big time FA acquisition this year and being a vocal leader, and James Bradberry and Blake Martinez are rightfully getting pro bowl consideration for their fantastic play, but Peppers has been the best defensive player on the Giants the past few weeks. He has stepped up his game to a new level. Against Seattle, he was punishing receivers with perfectly timed hits that caused incompletions. He was breaking up passes with excellent coverage. He also bulldozed Chris Carson and made him look silly to get to Wilson for a sack. He looked more like Jamal Adams than Jamal Adams did last week. He's been awesome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Nick Kwiatkoski is quietly having a really solid year for the Raiders and looks like our clear best defensive addition despite being much lower profile than Littleton. He should be the marshall if the D fir the next few years at least.

He's always stood out every time I've watched the Raiders this year.

Hmm... Keke Coutee has only been on the gameday roster for the last three weeks and has stepped into the Will Fuller #1 role pretty quickly. We'll see if he can keep up - but if he doesn't, former Jets WR Chris Hansen will do his best to do so. 

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hmm... Keke Coutee has only been on the gameday roster for the last three weeks and has stepped into the Will Fuller #1 role pretty quickly. We'll see if he can keep up - but if he doesn't, former Jets WR Chris Hansen will do his best to do so. 

I really liked Chad Hansen coming out of the draft. I hope he plays well for you guys.

• Like 1

Seattle's Poona Ford.

He is a legit 3 down interior lineman, blossoming into an all around player.

Was a very good run defender his first two years, but has had a renaissance on passing downs in 2020. 

Film Breakdown: Seahawks' Poona Ford Evolving Into One of NFL's Best Defensive Tackles - Sports Illustrated Seattle Seahawks News, Analysis and More

Over the past four weeks alone, per Pro Football Focus, he's registered 13 total pressures, two sacks, three quarterback hits, and eight hurries, receiving a stellar 74.5 pass rushing grade.

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

He's always stood out every time I've watched the Raiders this year.

Yes, and its a position we've neglected for so long its great to seem to have a long term solution there. Does the little things well and is very vocal.

Dirty Dan Sorensen, he’s not perfect but he’s a steady presence on the defense that gets outshined by higher profile guys. 

LJ Sneed has shined as well especially for a rookie. Taking over the slot corner position no problem after recovering from the broken collarbone. Spagz calls him a real pro

The Saints defense is littered with talent. I think that most people know CJ Gardner-Johnson and I think most are acknowledging Trey Hendrickson who is top 3 in sacks. But the guy who nobody appreciates as a top talent that truly is...David Onyemata. Complete stud and one of the best at his position in the NFL.