Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

Just now, Norm said:

Okay, maybe Wisconsin just sucks

I mean, think about it...

Badgers football - blowing B1G title games and Rose Bowls like clockwork since 2010.
Badgers basketball - beats undefeated Kentucky only to lose to Dook in the natty.
Brewers - blown 2 different NLCS's with home field advantage, losing both elimination games at home.
Bucks - 2-0 lead and multiple 15+ point leads in the 3rd quarter, only to lose 4 straight in a year they definitely beat the Warriors
Packers - Yes, 2 Superb Owls post-Lombardi but should probably have about 3 more if not for WTF moments left and right.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Of all those, the Bucks choke job was the most egregious choke job to me.  They are now setup for regression.

The most egregious choke job was the 2014 NFC title game, zero question about it. We dominated them defensively, in Seattle, and blew it, flat out. One offensive TD after a 5 turnover game is just inexcusable.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

This whole thread is an exercise in pain, but why?

I'd like to officially welcome you to the forum. If you make a thread about how dumb the 40 yard line is, the thread will end up being 10 pages about how we made the worst ILB ever in the history of the league a billionaire. Mr AJ Hawk.

22 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Of all those, the Bucks choke job was the most egregious choke job to me.  They are now setup for regression.

If Dean Lowry were an NBA franchise, he would be the Bucks. I have family back there and they tell me that nobody really cares about the Bucks unless they're doing well and even then it's not all that important. I was staggered to see that they got a new arena in which they will SUCK. Giannis is nothing more to that franchise than Kareem without the ring and he ain't gonna get it in Milwaukee. When Herb Kohl sold the team, the new owners should've moved it to Seattle where they care equally about all of their franchises - bring the Sonics back. Seriously, from everything I've seen in that state, the Bucks could leave tomorrow and nobody would really care. If it were the Brew Crew moving to..say....Omaha or some other city without a franchise, everyone would be up in arms. The Bucks, not so much...

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Badgers football - blowing B1G title games and Rose Bowls like clockwork since 2010.
Badgers basketball - beats undefeated Kentucky only to lose to Dook in the natty.
Brewers - blown 2 different NLCS's with home field advantage, losing both elimination games at home.
Bucks - 2-0 lead and multiple 15+ point leads in the 3rd quarter, only to lose 4 straight in a year they definitely beat the Warriors
Packers - Yes, 2 Superb Owls post-Lombardi but should probably have about 3 more if not for WTF moments left and right.

Badgers football is akin to Georgia football: the team will almost always be very competitive, but it's not going to go anywhere because of one other team in the conference that will always outflank them. The basketball team beat Kentucky because they beat them at their own game the way Calipari was scheming that particular year; Duke plays in a more uptempo conference and had better athletes. What are you going to say? The Brewers are in a salary cap-less league and are a small market, that's all you need to know - they've been a glorified farm team since Robin Yount left to be frank and honest.

Packers are a much different story obviously because they've proven they can win - how many other franchises have won multiple Super Bowls since 1996? 5?

Edited by Joe

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The most egregious choke job was the 2014 NFC title game, zero question about it. We dominated them defensively, in Seattle, and blew it, flat out. One offensive TD after a 5 turnover game is just inexcusable.

What is this 2014 NFC title game you speak of?  For my own well being, I have obliterated all recollection of that game from my memory.

• Like 2