Week 5 GDT: Jets vs. Browns

CWood21

Not quite the thriller that most anticipated, expecting a pair of winless teams to play.  What do you guys want to see?  How do you think your recent draft picks will play?  Predictions?

@rdelaney89 @Rockice_8 @Dr.O @Bianconero @rickyt31 @KingOfTheDot @Jetfan37+ @mattmanz91 @Jag68Sid87 @Bobby816 @ekill08x @Rich51 @SDotNova @GangGreen420 @jetskid007 @doumeyer @Abe56 @Akomplice @jetsfan4life51 @TheChad @xenajets @NJerseypaint @Karmaloop @NewAge @Sapo28

I'm excited for this game, I hope we can head into Cleveland and take care of business. I want to see more of the same from the secondary, I hope Lee & Davis can continue their recent play, I really hope we don't see Forte much the rest of the year. The OL needs to continue holding their own, consistency there would be absolutely huge for us moving forward.

Receivers.JPG

Breakdown of how pass attempts have been spread around from Gang Green Nation. Still early but I like what I'm seeing out of ASJ and Anderson. Kerley and Kearse have been great additions to the offense, I expect to see Kerley's targets to decline with Marshall coming back this week. I hope we get to see more Stewart and McGuire as they feel more comfortable with the playbook. Both these guys look like they can play in the limited time we've seen them.

Game of the year right here and it's gonna be a total shoot out...jk but realistically it's gonna be a close one. Would like to see some more McGuire this week along with how the WR pecking order is with Jalin coming back. It will be interesting how our OL stacks up against there DL with Garrett making his debut.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Hoping to see McGuire still get 10+ touches.

Hope Marshall has a good debut for 2017.

I'd like to see us use Stewart more. 

Shell vs Garrett

And as always I want to see Adams, Maye and Burris look good.

Pretty much this.  

Might see the first action from Derrick Jones.  If Burris doesn't go we'll have Mo, Skrine, Williams and Jones as the only 4 CB's available.  I wouldn't mind seeing a few snaps from him.

This would be very disappointing to lose to CLE with a chance to have a show down at home against NE with both teams at 3-2.  

I’m surprised Cleveland is winless. They have a good OL, at least on paper, and I thought their D would be better. Garrett is going to make his debut against us so , if he’s as good as I think he is, he could eventually make a big difference.

i’m surprised that Kizer won the starting job over Kessler. Kessler isn’t a big time talent but had a high completion rate and only threw 2 picks last year.  Kizer is playing poorly, he might eventually go off and have a big game. My worry is that it will be against us.

I don’t understand why, in a rebuilding year, Kearse and Kerley are getting all the snaps over Stewart, Hansen and Peake. I had thought the whole idea of starting McCown was to have a stable presence to help the young receivers develop. 

I would like to see Mo have a big game but more and more it seems like those days are over. 

Based on Kiser’s lack of production, I expect our young secondary to have a good game and will be disappointed if they give up any big plays. 

Also hope to see McGuire get a lot of touches.

I don’t expect anything special from either our OL or LBs so any standouts would be a bonus

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

I don’t understand why, in a rebuilding year, Kearse and Kerley are getting all the snaps over Stewart, Hansen and Peake. I had thought the whole idea of starting McCown was to have a stable presence to help the young receivers develop. 

You play the best players, you can't hand a starting job to a player who is inferior. Once the young guys get more comfortable I'm sure we'll see them more. Kerley and Kearse have both been good additions that have moved the chains on offense and Kerley has contributed on special teams even if he's just here to call fair catches. May be a minuscule percentage but by keeping the defense off the field we are able to grade them a little more fairly. 

The young guys will get their chance soon enough, they just have to earn it.

10 hours ago, TheChad said:

So far we've been pretty terrible twice on the road and surprisingly decent at home twice. It will be interesting to see if it's the opponent or the home vs. away nature of the games that's been the major factor so far.

It could certainly be the opponents we've versed but for me I think it's about a young team building chhemistry. Especially on the OL, QB -> WRs, and the communication between the safeties as they get more live looks at NFL offenses.

Archived