Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

His next step of development is getting the ball out of his hands quickly. The underneath coverage bit him on the INT6 and that comes with more film work. 

If he can consistently do that....he would be dangerous.
It's when that first read is gone and feels a little pressure then it's scramble mode. 

Watson was bad with that, when he had Hopkins. He got a lot better. 

Jackson needs to develop. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

His next step of development is getting the ball out of his hands quickly. The underneath coverage bit him on the INT6 and that comes with more film work. 

dude takes a stunning amount of sacks. we have a (literally) historically bad pass rush for a playoff team and sacked him 4 or 5 times last week. i know that some of that just comes with the territory because he's so elusive and can turn near-sacks into incredible plays, but i feel like sometimes he'd be better served to live to play another down. the number of third and longs that seems to create would be bad for any offense but it's particularly bad for one so dependent on staying on schedule with the run game.

Jackson was MVP on merit last year.

• He is 30-7 as a starter.
  • What he is doing works.

The playoffs could work out too if they played great on D and got a lead or stayed close.

Its hard to be 350 yard passing guy on demand in the playoffs when its not really the offense.

My biggest concern for him is that he needs to get better as a passer because he won't be a 1000 yard rusher as he gets older. Or worse, he could be Cam and only be a 1000 yard rusher as his passing gets worse.

I'm not talking about arm strength, or touch, or dog whistle 'reading defenses'.

I'm just talking about 480-520 passes a year instead of 380-400 passes a year because the greats get better with repetition in competition.

I like the Andy Reid plan of building a team that has a chance to win over 10 years instead of that short window.

McNabb never took the step to really improve as a passer. Lamar is a better talent and he should take that step.

I'm not sure if he can take it with Roman though, so there are some tough questions.

Maybe a wiz at QB coach can be the answer?

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

McNabb never took the step to really improve as a passer. Lamar is a better talent and he should take that step.

I'm not sure if he can take it with Roman though, so there are some tough questions.

yeah, that's another thing. i don't know that roman is doing him many favors in the passing game. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

yeah, that's another thing. i don't know that roman is doing him many favors in the passing game. 

You can keep most of the offense but just call more passes and get that QB mentor

Adding someone like Allen Robinson would not hurt either.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

dude takes a stunning amount of sacks. we have a (literally) historically bad pass rush for a playoff team and sacked him 4 or 5 times last week. i know that some of that just comes with the territory because he's so elusive and can turn near-sacks into incredible plays, but i feel like sometimes he'd be better served to live to play another down. the number of third and longs that seems to create would be bad for any offense but it's particularly bad for one so dependent on staying on schedule with the run game.

He actually didn't take an inordinate amount this season compared to other QBs. Just inside the top 10, nothing too crazy considering his penchant for running around.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Jackson was MVP on merit last year.

• He is 30-7 as a starter.
  • What he is doing works.

The playoffs could work out too if they played great on D and got a lead or stayed close.

Its hard to be 350 yard passing guy on demand in the playoffs when its not really the offense.

My biggest concern for him is that he needs to get better as a passer because he won't be a 1000 yard rusher as he gets older. Or worse, he could be Cam and only be a 1000 yard rusher as his passing gets worse.

I'm not talking about arm strength, or touch, or dog whistle 'reading defenses'.

I'm just talking about 480-520 passes a year instead of 380-400 passes a year because the greats get better with repetition in competition.

I like the Andy Reid plan of building a team that has a chance to win over 10 years instead of that short window.

He needs a real WR1 (he has a bunch of WR4 plus one gadget WR) and he needs his effective line back that he had in 2019

Losing Ronnie Stanley was huge. The hole at center was blatant today

Flat out, he has less support around him than any other young QB (besides maybe Darnold)

11 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Yep - Lamar’s anticipation is what he needs to improve the most, his arm is fine. 

I’m excited, though I hope we spend some money on a receiver and maybe some interior offensive line this offseason. 

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yep - Lamar’s anticipation is what he needs to improve the most, his arm is fine. 

I’m excited, though I hope we spend some money on a receiver and maybe some interior offensive line this offseason. 

more likely, youre going to cut lamar it seems.

QB CONTROVERSY!

• Like 1