2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, if a team punts/kicks a ball going out of bonds in the end zone, it shouldn't be a touch back?

It's the same rule...

You can say there should be some additional conditional rule in the case of a fumble, but it's not like this a special rule coming into affect or something

Well if you fumble forward and it goes out of bounds anywhere else doesnt it go back to where player fumbled to prevent players from fumbling on purpose to get extra yards. Why wouldnt that go back to previous spot?

Its just inconsistent 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, if a team punts/kicks a ball going out of bonds in the end zone, it shouldn't be a touch back?

It's the same rule...

You can say there should be some additional conditional rule in the case of a fumble, but it's not like this a special rule coming into affect or something

the difference is that kicking/punting is a change of possession

the big issue with this ruling is that it is assumes a fumble out of bounds as a change of possession, without the other team actually recovering

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So what is the logic for this rule? Like when it was implemented, what was the reasoning?

I think the only precedent they have to point to for an offense controlled ball going out of the scoring end zone would be a punt or a field goal kicked through the back of the end zone, so they go with that.

It's an odd rule. But it's a weird thing where there isn't much intuitive in the rest of the rulebook to apply to that situation.

1 minute ago, JohnCena said:

Is anyone really surprised the penalty wasn't called smh it's the Chiefs.

The helmet thing?

They call that if its helmet to helmet or if you are spearing a QB in the pocket.

This was a lead with the helmet into the guys arm, maybe shoulder.

If you called every penalty by reviewing the play for 30 seconds then its a technical violation.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a helmet to bicep of a diving player call.