Future QB Discussion

G08

15 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

How about QBBC? 

Keep Foles and sign all of the above;  Trubisky, Mariota, Jimmy G, Dalton, Winston, Cam, Keenum, Kaepernick, and Mullens.  

We start whichever QB has had the most success (statistically) against each individual opponent. 

Lions x2 = Sign and start Trubisky. He's had a lot of success against them.

Packers x2 = Sign and start Jimmy G and/or Bradford. They both have had some success against the Packers. 

Vikings x2 = Start Nick Foles.

Cardinals = Start Jimmy G.

49ers = Jameis Winston or Cam Newton.

Ravens = Cam, Mitch, or Mariota.

Bengals = Time to drag Case Keenum out of bed for this one. 

NYG = Mitch, Winston or Foles.

Browns = Andy Dalton for this game.

Rams = Either Jimmy G or Kaepernick

Steelers = Oh god....Cam....maybe??? Might have to take an L here.

Seahawks = Nick Mullens or go with Cam.

Bucs = Gotta start Mitch here and hope he can replicate his career high 350+ 6TD game.

Im pretty sure Kaep is 3-1 vs Green Bay

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I can just imagine the look on George's face if Pace and Nagy were to walk into his office and say "we wanna roll with Nick Foles and Sam Darnold this year and we think we can win a Super Bowl".

I'd love to be a fly on the wall haha.  

I'm a believer in Darnold's potential but I have to admit you just made a great point. 

4 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Off the Darnell topic I'll throw out a name of a better bridge quarterback. How about Alex Smith on a team friendly deal? He still wants to play, got Washington in the playoffs last year, and he buys time and it doesn't rule out moving up to draft a qb

Smith would be “meh”.

Better than Foles but we would still need a high draft pick. It wouldn’t really change anything.

This is what I think the options are for the bears.  

Trade for Minshew/Darnell 

FA ~ Market is a bust.  Maybe Big Ben get cuts and we can get him on a one year deal.  Maybe Dak hits the market but we don’t have the cap.  All long shots.  

Foles and a rookie

I am liking the option of trading for a vet on a rookie deal and bring in Minshew/Darnell with foles.  Keep our 1st and 2nd to build this roster.  Play out the season.    

Just now, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

FA ~ Market is a bust.  Maybe Big Ben get cuts and we can get him on a one year deal.  Maybe Dak hits the market but we don’t have the cap.  All long shots.  

Foles and a rookie

I am liking the option of trading for a vet on a rookie deal and bring in Minshew/Darnell with foles.  Keep our 1st and 2nd to build this roster.  Maybe draft Ian Book in the 6th.  Play out the season.   

55 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Foles and a rookie

I am liking the option of trading for a vet on a rookie deal and bring in Minshew/Darnell with foles.  Keep our 1st and 2nd to build this roster.  Play out the season.    

Who is Darnell?

Also, no way Dallas doesn't tag Prescott

9 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Off the Darnell topic I'll throw out a name of a better bridge quarterback. How about Alex Smith on a team friendly deal? He still wants to play, got Washington in the playoffs last year, and he buys time and it doesn't rule out moving up to draft a qb

I love the guy, but Alex looks done tbh. I think he should sign as a backup somewhere, but he shouldn't be starting