2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

@incognito_man

I usually don't quote people after they are wrong... think it's petty, but you literally mentioned me like 6 times the past few weeks because I said the Buccaneers were a bad matchup for the Packers, and I said the Buccaneers were the only team that can beat the Packers in the NFC.

- I said Bucs would beat Green Bay up in the trenches like they did the first game.

- I said Bucs would limit Green Bay's run game, causing their pass game to not be as dominant.

- I said the Bucs Physical Defense would stop the Packers Finesse Offense. Similar to Packers/49ers last year. 49ers blew them out twice last year.

- I said Carlton Davis is the worst matchup for Davante Adams, even worse than Ramsey. Is Davis better than Ramsey? No. But Davis within 20 yards, on possession receivers, there is literally no one better right now.

With that said, the Packers had a HELL of a season! And they deserve every single ounce of respect and praise they get. IMO, this is one of the best Packer teams they've ever had. Compared to last year where I thought they were way worse than their record. And Aaron Rodgers is without question, unanimous MVP, and one of the best QB seasons in NFL History.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I would honestly argue the best NFC team was about as good as the 6th or 7th AFC team.

You can't believe this right? You think the Packers or Bucs were as good as the Browns or Colts?

Edited by Magnifico

So 2 things are true here today:

1. Kicking the FG to go from a 1-score game to a 1-score game against Tom Brady was a completely gutless decision that contributed to losing the game.
  2. That 3rd down PI call was not only absurd and pathetic, but the only reason it appears to have been called was because Tyler Johnson flailed across the field like a damn fish. The refs let the players play for 59 minutes, then decided to not let them get away with minimal contact after that - but only on the GB side, because Tampa Bay was allowed to grab Davante Adams all over the place with no flags.

This game just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when referees do that kind of garbage late in games. Just keep the flags away if you've pocketed them for 59 minutes. It wasn't a blatant DPI, the ball wasn't even catchable. What a joke.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

Rodgers is the Peyton Manning of the NFL

Great stat padder but falls short when it matters.

Yup. Stat padding got him that MVP. Dudes decided marginally better stats and nightly appearances on the Pat McAfee show made him more valuable to his team than Mahomes who got our first stringers an extra bye in week 17

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I’m just going to point this out, the Packers 2020 draft costed them. They drafted QB Love in the 1st round, HB Dillon in the 2nd round, and TE Diguara in the 3rd round. They got embarrassed in the NFCCG last season to the Niners and it was clear the talent and physical wasn’t even close. This game shouldn’t been this close had Brady not thrown 3 picks in the 2nd half. So the Packers need to go into the offseason and act like a team that definitely has real issues. Get ARod a legit weapon outside of Adams. The Packers are becoming the Saints on offense with Thomas and Kamara. It works in the regular season but in the playoffs when great teams take away Thomas and/or Kamara the offense isn’t as potent. The Packers also need to get physical because the Niners ran them off the field last season and this season the Bucs ran them off the field in the first meeting and should’ve ran them off the field in the playoffs had Brady not thrown 3 picks in the 2nd half. No reason for ARod to not get to another Superbowl.

Deguera was playing really well but got IR'd early in the year. Krys Barnes and Kamal Martin at ilb are both rookies that made some important plays (and look good for the future). 

Ironically, had they continued to give the ball to dillon who had 4 touches for 30 yards, their offense likely wouldn't have began to sputter again in the 4th.

You may have a point with Love alright, though Rodgers has historically played a lot better with a hip on his shoulder, and 2020 Rodgers was streets ahead of 2019 Rodgers. Though a defensive lineman there could have made an impact, alright. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i agree! but that's just the point. they have a completely different set of responsibilities and you can't do one without the other. "was it brady or belichick" is just such a nonsensical question.

Yeah that is true. Although Arians just seems like he’s chillin, let’s Tommy Boy do some of the coaching. Really makes your job easier lol

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Exactly.  It isn't even the same.  Brady is the GOAT, but he's also playing on a Tampa team that is good overall around him.  I don't see why people think it invalidates what Belichick did in New England.

Was he as important as Brady?  Probably not, because the QB will always matter the most.  But New England still probably isn't winning as much as they did without Belichick. 

We live in a generation where everything is a debate. Everything is filmed. Roll with the times big dawg. 

Just now, Magnifico said:

You can't believe this right? You think the Packers or Bucs were as good as the Browns or Colts?

The Buccaneers who lost to all but one winning side in the regular season? The Packers who beat who in the regular season? Correct, I don't think the NFC had any truly strong teams other than the Rams with a truly healthy Goff.