Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I mean technically he could return next year. Brandon Brooks came back from an Achilles in a bit over 7 months after getting hurt in the playoffs and was the best guard in the NFL that season after the injury. He's a freak though.

Fisher has 12 months until next years playoffs though. If Brooks could come back in not a lot more than half that time, then I think Fisher could too.

I don't know what's up with Schwartz's back though. How long has he been out for? He was amazing last year in the regular season and playoffs. Having both him and Fisher out hurt a ton.

Schwartz has missed 13 games, now. To my knowledge, there has never been an injury report update for him. He has never been listed with an actual injury, the report has always just been Out (Back.) No idea what actually happened. Back injuries are rough, and I half expect the man to retire, at this point.

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

He also won because he played great, got the ball out quicker than he has in any game in the last 5 years against an aggressive defense, and made the right reads and throws. They won 31-9, not 10-9. This wasn't like NE vs. LAR.

Never said it was? Brady deserves some of the credit too and yeah the Chiefs defense is aggressive. They blitz a good amount, but they aren't that good of a defense. They are around middle of the pack and they can be had by good QBs, especially one as smart as Brady behind a really good OL. PFF ranked Tampa as the 5th best OL. They allowed the 4th lowest pressure rate this year.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

It's really tough to say, honestly. The problem is, we had 4 proper OTs coming into the season this year, Fisher, Schwartz, Remmers, and then Yasir Durant. Durant is a project, 100%. He's a guy the team likes, but in like 2 or 3 years, not today. The only other guys on the OT depth chart are Andrew Wylie and Martinas Rankin. Rankin is a guy I like, but he played G exclusively in 2019 for us, and he spent almost the entire year on some mix of IR/PUP/RES. He's active, but we only saw him against LAC in week 17 when everyone on the line looked like trash, so it's hard to really tell if he was any kind of option.

Regardless, none of Durant, Rankin, or Wylie would've been options over Remmers. Period. As much as Remmers was trashed on for his superbowl history, he is, by a longshot, the best OT on roster right now. Not even close. So it makes sense to throw him on the blindside. Any of the others at LT would've been worse. RT is more of a valid question. Wylie was a surprising choice there, to me. I would've expected either Rankin or Durant. Wylie, to me, signaled that they still don't like where Rankin is healthwise. And while he was a backup, Wis was phenomenal for us last year, so I can understand the confidence in Wis at RG, if they did think Wylie was best at RT.

Really, regardless it was going to be crap. I think it's possible that the best line was Remmers/Allegretti/Reiter/Wylie/Rankin, instead of Remmers/Allegretti/Reiter/Wis/Wylie, but you're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at that point. If Remmers was going to get beat as badly as he did today, then there was no OT combo on roster to save this.

gotcha, so basically, damned if you do, damned if you dont. No real good options.

Thats unfortunate, but also, thats why its so hard to repeat in the NFL. 22 starters means 22 chances for guys to get hurt and throw off everything else.

Chiefs werent prepared for the idea their OL was going to suck. Its like they never even considered it as a possible outcome and had no clear adjustment to make once it was obvious what was happening. They needed to get the ball out of mahomes hands very fast. They tried a few times but didnt stick with it, their gameplan was - let mahomes be superman. He is superman, but superman cant win games by himself

This was not the same chiefs team that played the bills. 

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

As a old school, I've was watching this closely behind closed doors and I might join the next one. 

You should, they are a lot of fun. Always grateful to @Malfatron when he puts them together. 

Protip: don't use a team with Dak as your QB. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

How do you block someone on here?

I honestly dont know. There used to be an easy way in the upper right corner where you now go to edit your posts. I didnt see it on the profile either. 

maybe someone else can figure this out (or add a button to make it easy) @Webmaster

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

anyone remember that "are the 2019 49ners a bigger threat to the Chiefs than the 2020 Bucs" thread?

I mean, it was a legitimate thread, and good question IMO. The correct answer though when it was made was the Bucs, and still is the Bucs.

If you want to pine about dudes winning in the 1940s 50s and 60s then make sure you understand what they won.

NHL champions pre-1967 were the same as modern NHL division champions.

It was a 6 team league with 1 or 2 bad teams so you had a 25% chance of winning just by showing up.

Add in that Montreal got the the best players from Canada in a strange sponsorship system and wow, Montreal's Meaningless Dynasties!

The Celtics were loaded and players could not leave. They also only needed to win 11 playoff games in a 9 team league.

Comparing any of those guys to Brady is a complete joke.

The Yankees also had a pretty big competitive advantage and only had to win 4 playoff games, but at least the league was 16 teams even back in the 1940s.

Just now, Forge said:

You should, they are a lot of fun. Always grateful to @Malfatron when he puts them together. 

Protip: don't use a team with Dak as your QB. 

I'm an 80's baby so tecmo on nintendo will ALWAYS have draw interest. I will get in the next one. It does look fun, I watched alot of those videos. 

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

anyone remember that "are the 2019 49ners a bigger threat to the Chiefs than the 2020 Bucs" thread?

Congrats to you and all, but get my **** ing name out your mouth

2019 niners were a great **** ing team. This chiefs team you played was not the same team as 2019. Hell, it wasnt even the same chiefs team that wasnt even that good at the end of the regular season this year. Dont get it twisted.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I expect the next one will be sometime after the draft so we can get rookies on the teams

Can you PM me when you start the new season?  I don't always venture into that part of the forum is why I'm asking. 

EDIT: Sorry for taking this topic off subject.

Edited by JAF-N72EX