Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

The Yellow division looks like it will be pretty competitive this season. I don’t like it.

@RandyMossIsBoss did a nice job turning that roster around so the Predators should be formidable 

Tammy’s Starfall have some strong players on both sides of the ball

I think the Venom’s defense might not be as strong as last season but that offense works built around King Henry 

The Penguins are also a team 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Somehow I think you actually could be competitive in that division

I'm leaning Royals, but its hard for me to decide who the next best team is. 

Thunder have Rodgers, but three WR3s

Fire's offense should take a considerable dive, although I believe in Jimmy more than most

Moose still feel like they are a year away

Nobody's defense is particularly noteworthy

I think you win some games

That Hurts Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Yellow division looks like it will be pretty competitive this season. I don’t like it.

@RandyMossIsBoss did a nice job turning that roster around so the Predators should be formidable 

Tammy’s Starfall have some strong players on both sides of the ball

I think the Venom’s defense might not be as strong as last season but that offense works built around King Henry 

The Penguins are also a team 

I agree. There is no "bad" team in the division. I think Predators are being a little overhyped. They are MUCH improved, but especially in a tough division I don't think they end up in serious contention. I think all the teams are pretty good, definitely the most rounded division and my pick to be the best division this season

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That Hurts Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

If Burrow chooses either Chase or Higgins as his #1 guy, you will almost certainly have a true #1 next year

But right now, I don't see a WR in the top 30 of a S22 ranking (imo, sry)

@Tk3 @MookieMonstah @RuskieTitan @ravens5520 @JoshstraDaymus
@Scoundrel @rackcs @Glen @Malfatron @Karnage84
@TL-TwoWinsAway @Pickle Rick@swoosh @Scalamania @bucsfan333
@EaglesPeteC @The Orca @RandyMossIsBoss @SirA1 @El Ramster

The draft is officially concluded! Rosters have been moved to this OP, and normal first-come, first-serve Free Agency is now open. Week 1 is slated for Wednesday, so please note that any roster moves or changes to sliders (and changes to Team Identity and Stadium Settings for the whole season) must be submitted no later than Tuesday at Noon ET.

Thanks again for another extremely smooth draft!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If Burrow chooses either Chase or Higgins as his #1 guy, you will almost certainly have a true #1 next year

But right now, I don't see a WR in the top 30 of a S22 ranking (imo, sry)

That's ok - it's only year 1. Just building the foundations. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Looked at the roster for my week 1 opponent and @swooshbuilt a pretty formidable squad….poo

It should be a good game. I feel my team is pretty on par overall with last season, some upgrades (WRs) but also some downgrades (OL). Last year's team wasn't quite good enough, so hoping I hit the right buttons this year. Worried Murray is one NFL season too raw, even though he led the league in TD's last season and it wasn't even close. At times he felt inconsistent, but we did have a lot of drops. No excuses this year with Julio/DK/Davis/Kelce, as well as an upgraded receiver at RB2 with DJ. 

As always, there are a handful of teams who can make a serious run, yours being right up there again. Need to hit the right sliders and a little (or a lot) luck. Good luck to all the owners.

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 2

I've got about 4 guys that could take the next step next year and be top level talents:

- Chase, Pittman, Hockenson, Parsons

Rodgers, Chubb and some of my defensive pieces should help this not be a total train wreck this year. 

We'll see what year 1 holds. 

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I've got about 4 guys that could take the next step next year and be top level talents:

Rodgers, Chubb and some of my defensive pieces should help this not be a total train wreck this year. 

I like Pittman a lot, and hoped to grab him as a WR3.. You took him early, but I think he's a good breakout candidate. I'd also add Higgins to your list. I don't think the drafting of Chase will automatically prevent him from being a 1,000 yard guy. I think if anything Boyd is the guy who loses targets and Chase/Higgins end up being in the conversation of best WR duos

I'd also add Sneed and Tonyan to your list. If Tonyan is once again the #2 option in that offense and has say 800/10 season - he's worthy of a keeper. I wanted to grab him late, and waited one round too many. I have a little regret choosing Higbee over him, but for S22 specifically I wanted a guy with more years of history

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Looked at the roster for my week 1 opponent and @swooshbuilt a pretty formidable squad….poo

I don't know if Nacho did it on purpose, but Week 1 has some bangers

Direwolves @ Pirates
Squirrels @ Pandas

In particular.. these are two matchups of what could be all top 5 (or close) preseason rankings

I'm also calling the shot that @Pickle Rick Nassau team is going to be the most formidable team that nobody is talking about.

I know I always overrated the legacy team, YB's Sharks, but Pickle has a real nice squad

Russ/Hunt/Godwin/Thielen is a really nice offensive group

Watt and Vea are going to make a nice front. Some decent linebackers. Nice corners

Absolute trash safeties.. but that's really the only big criticism

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Goff doesn’t love TE much. So I I’ll doubt Hockenson steps it up.. The year Higbee went semi off, a lot of stuff was deep and a lot of YAC. He doesn’t love the safe stuff too much.