Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, JJ6 said:

It's bad deal for ATL after deciding to keep Ryan.

Although even with Julio they had a small chance to win the Superbowl this move puts the nail in the coffin. 

You're now essentially wasting one year of your 36 year old QB career. 

Looking into the future it's not like this team is set up for tons of cap space next year. 

Next couple years don't look promising at all. The franchise is spinning tires. 

Look I get it we were in the same situation when we traded Tony Gonzalez to you guys for practically nothing. But you have to do right by the player. The idea of Julio as a good mentor or the Falcons as a contender only exist if Julio wants to be there and he doesn’t.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 2

This is fantastic for Tennessee, and terrible for Atlanta.  Wow.  

Tennessee got him for almost nothing and he’s going to be a huge compliment to Tannehill.  This team is just inching themselves closer and closer to the Super Bowl.

Atlanta should’ve tried to get at least 3 picks (including a 1st round).  

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Atlanta should’ve tried to get at least 3 picks (including a 1st round).  

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't try for anything better. 

I can just see the falcons going into negotiations with teams like, "we want only a second this year and a flip of mid round picks next year. Don't offer us more because we simply won't take it"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't try for anything better. 

I can just see the falcons going into negotiations with teams like, "we want only a second this year and a flip of mid round picks next year. Don't offer us more because we simply won't take it"

They shouldn’t have taken the trade if they weren’t getting at least that kind of offer.  

That’s what I was trying to say.  

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there another metric for how good someone is at doing the deep ball?

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/ryan-tannehill/

#27 in "Deep Ball completion %" and #26 in Deep Ball Attempts. And this is with the narrative that carried over from Miami that he wasn't good at throwing deep balls. I know somewhere out there is a "on target %" for throws over a certain distance, but I don't know where to find it.

Your username makes me crack up every time I see it.  Someone with photoshop talent should make a pic of Flacco with the Flock of Seagulls singer's hairdo. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JJ6 said:

It's bad deal for ATL after deciding to keep Ryan.

Although even with Julio they had a small chance to win the Superbowl this move puts the nail in the coffin. 

You're now essentially wasting one year of your 36 year old QB career. 

Looking into the future it's not like this team is set up for tons of cap space next year. 

Next couple years don't look promising at all. The franchise is spinning tires. 

From what I’ve read you guys didn’t have the cap space to sign your 2021 draft class without trading his salary away so this move was inevitable 

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

They shouldn’t have taken the trade if they weren’t getting at least that kind of offer.  

Now that is a talking point that is worth discussing. 

That being said, Julio was an icon who wanted out, they really could use the money. The alternative options, such as restructuring Grady, aren't all that appealing. 

This way they get the decent pub for working with a player, and get their biggest / best return for moving forward for a player that likely only has a couple of really good years left

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I get what you're saying here but Atlanta was kind of backed into a corner here. Not enough cap space and restructuring deals just pushes you into another year of doing this next offseason. When an icon like Juilo wants out and it helps both sides It's not the teams time to be stubborn and create drama.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Your username makes me crack up every time I see it.  Someone with photoshop talent should make a pic of Flacco with the Flock of Seagulls singer's hairdo. 

It already exists and it's already my pfp on Steam. The other pfp I have is a group of seagulls (a flock, if you will) all with different pictures of Joe Flacco as their heads.

1ZoI1Uc.png

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Meh. Julio Jones stayed there for a long time and tried his best. They were a really good team a lot of years, but they are heading downwards towards a rebuild. He wants a chance to win. It's in poor taste when a guy has given everything he has for years and tells you he wants out and you refuse to trade him.

Plus, it's good for the other guys on the team. You get to see Ridley and Kyle Pitts develop, so they still have talent. Trading him was the right thing to do for everyone involved.

• Like 1