Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

55 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think deep passing is overrated anyway. I feel like the most important passes to make are 10-20 yards down the field. That's what opens everything up. Everyone is enamored by the 40+ yards in the air bombs, but those are usually flukey. If you can stick 15 yard passes constantly, and have a strong run game, your offense is deadly. 

Deep passes are 20+ yards, not 40+. This isn't Madden.

• Like 1

Randy Moss, Andre Johnson and now Julio Jones were all Tennessee Titans 5 years apart from one another. 2010, 2015, 2021. So in 2026 watch them snag someone like Mike Evans and get his final years too lol.

I actually like this Julio move, he will be a great compliment to AJ Brown and the threat should pull at least a little space out of the box for Henry. I don't think it's a ATL style video game stats type expectation move, but it is the type that on paper puts them as AFC South favorites when the Colts are close behind and the Jaguars have upside but a bad starting point. This is a 2-3 year window move and that's right where the Titans window is to capitalize on having Henry. I like it for them, and a second rounder is decent compensation for the Falcons given they likely had to make the move to give their new front office wiggle room to craft their roster over the next couple years.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Randy Moss, Andre Johnson and now Julio Jones were all Tennessee Titans 5 years apart from one another. 2010, 2015, 2021. So in 2026 watch them snag someone like Mike Evans and get his final years too lol.

I actually like this Julio move, he will be a great compliment to AJ Brown and the threat should pull at least a little space out of the box for Henry. I don't think it's a ATL style video game stats type expectation move, but it is the type that on paper puts them as AFC South favorites when the Colts are close behind and the Jaguars have upside but a bad starting point. This is a 2-3 year window move and that's right where the Titans window is to capitalize on having Henry. I like it for them, and a second rounder is decent compensation for the Falcons given they likely had to make the move to give their new front office wiggle room to craft their roster over the next couple years.

The move could backfire if Julio has problems staying on the field but that doesn't even matter. They just gave up a 2nd rd pick and got a HOF WR.

Ravens should've jumped the gun on this and got Julio to be their #1 target while their young guys Bateman, Hollywood, and Tylan Wallace work up to speed.

• Like 3

Any gains Julio Jones gives the Titan's offense will be wiped out by the loss of Arthur Smith, who was really a prodigy OC. Todd Downing is a joke, and the defense completely fell apart under Vrabel when Pees left. Vrabel is just a big blockhead who needs intelligent coordinators or else he's exposed for the moron he is. 

23 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The move could backfire if Julio has problems staying on the field but that doesn't even matter. They just gave up a 2nd rd pick and got a HOF WR.

Ravens should've jumped the gun on this and got Julio to be their #1 target while their young guys Bateman, Hollywood, and Tylan Wallace work up to speed.

Too expensive and too injury prone for the Ravens, who are trying to develop young WRs to build a core for the future. Once the Ravens drafted Bateman and Wallace, trading for Jones would have been stupid. Waste of resources. Ravens are not the kind of team that will blow up their cap for one year, they plan long-term. 

• Like 1