What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

One South: Portrait Of A Psych Unit.

Absolutely amazing show and in a world where TV is mostly absolute horse **** and a total waste of time/time kill, this show is not that.  Great resource for society and showcases a psych unit full of college age kids all in their because the want to commit suicide.  The kids are not mentally insane or criminals, some have mental illnesses but nothing crazy extreme and many can function in society obviously, well enough to get into college and live independently.  

https://www.hbo.com/one-south-portrait-of-a-psych-unit

Amazing watch, just wish it was not only on "Max" but could be seen by anyone interested in watching it.  Very similar to Hiding in Plain Sight a documentary last year from PBS.  Either way both of these shows should be easier to access and view, ideally free online anytime anyone wants.  

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Started Murder at the End of the World.  Two eps in.  It's good so far.  Anyone have strong a+opinions one way or the other?

I cared very little about the present day storyline for a good chunk of the show. Thought the better story was the flashback

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I cared very little about the present day storyline for a good chunk of the show. Thought the better story was the flashback

I hope they do a "prequel" for it tbh.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 9:09 AM, iknowcool said:

Not a fan of The Bear Season 3

It isn't bad, but it left behind almost everything that made it such an enjoyable watch in the first season.  It no longer feels as raw and real as it once did.  It comes across as pretentious, like the writers read all of the glowing reviews for Season 1 and Season 2 (which has some of the same problems as S3, but they do a better job advancing the plot here and you are led to believe they are building towards an explosive next season), and wrote Season 3 with that in mind.  The plot hardly moves forward in any meaningful way.  The constant back-and-forth yelling and talking over each other was funny and authentic at first, but has become overdone and forced.    

The entire season feels like Emmy-bait.  The only saving grace is all the episodes dropping at once.  

Agreed.  I feel like there was zero point to Season 3.  Many boring episodes.  I didn't mind some of the back story but nothing was happening in present time.  I hope Season 4 is much different.

Finally got around to watching the third season of The Bear. Wife and I binged all of it yesterday. I loved it, and I think it stands right up there with seasons 1 and 2. I would have liked the story to get pushed along a little bit more, but the episodes were good enough that I'm not going to knock it for that.

Jamie Lee Curtis is phenomenal. She's the best (not in a "good mom" way, though), most memorable TV mother since Nancy Marchand played Livia Soprano. She's that good. The other standout this season is Marcus. Who knew Lionel, who got his start by just being Tyler the Creator's friend, could act this well.

I don't think seasons 1 and 2 ended with "To be continued" like this season did. That, combined with the rumors that they were shooting season 4 back to back with season 3, makes me feel like we may get a quick turnaround for at least the first few episodes of season 4.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 9:41 AM, JonStark said:

3 seasons down of Succession. I don't see what all the hype is about.

It's a solid show, but people say it's top 5 all time. I'm assuming the last season is going to have some payoff but I don't even feel like much has happened to this point. 

Just finished it. Really solid ending and worth a watch, but not one of the greatest shows of all time. 

Cobra Kai is clearly made for really really, really really, really old people but it’s watchable. I am 3 episodes in now. 

Also, once HoD is over I think I’m taking a break from HBO for a bit for the first time in 5 years. They’re just not doing anything lately I care about. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:41 AM, JonStark said:

3 seasons down of Succession. I don't see what all the hype is about.

It's a solid show, but people say it's top 5 all time. I'm assuming the last season is going to have some payoff but I don't even feel like much has happened to this point. 

It was so bad. It was a chore to watch almost every episode IMO. Hopefully you didn't dread it as much as I did lol