Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm working on that. I've been saying that every year for the last 5 years. I mean it this year. 

Would it be a good troll move for me to grade players using those d&d dice? Then like manipulate the results with some kind of simple math, then publish it?

Like say I roll 67 for Marcedes Lewis.  And he plays 40% of snaps.  So I multiply 67 by .6 for the percent of plays he didn't play, and his grade is 40.2.  I'm thinking of starting a fake twitter account called "Math Grader" or something.  I can imagine giving super low grades to guys that played well and seeing people freak out.  Then respond with, "well, the math says he just didn't do well."  Keep it up for a season then reveal it was all a joke.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Would it be a good troll move for me to grade players using those d&d dice? Then like manipulate the results with some kind of simple math, then publish it?

Like say I roll 67 for Marcedes Lewis.  And he plays 40% of snaps.  So I multiply 67 by .6 for the percent of plays he didn't play, and his grade is 40.2.  I'm thinking of starting a fake twitter account called "Math Grader" or something.  I can imagine giving super low grades to guys that played well and seeing people freak out.  Then respond with, "well, the math says he just didn't do well."  Keep it up for a season then reveal it was all a joke.

Tim Robinson Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, there were a couple of posters here who were hyping up Justin Simmons before he was a more well-known prospect and then when he was drafted relatively high they revealed that it was a joke and they were the reason why Simmons went high.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, there were a couple of posters here who were hyping up Justin Simmons before he was a more well-known prospect and then when he was drafted relatively high they revealed that it was a joke and they were the reason why Simmons went high.

YES. I TELL THIS STORY ALL THE TIME.

I shamed one of those clowns even before that so hard when he guaranteed jakeem grant wouldn't even get a camp invite. Got drafted. Made pro bowl and second team all pro twice on ST. Still in the league after how damn long...

Can't even remember his user name but I hated that kid so much. But he was part of that gang too. He was supposed to not post the month of the draft after I won that bet and then he kept reporting me for heckling him, even though my bet was a complete self ban if I was wrong.

Simmons thing was ******* insane. They really thought they influenced twitter and then instead of being like oh we're dumb he wasn't just a athletic UDFA, they INFLUENCED ACTUAL TEAMS

I wonder if this cutdown is less meaningful since you're trying to get "enough guys to play a game on Thursday" while "not putting at risk any of the people you're really counting on week 1." So if you have 80 and you're sitting 33 guys, basically everybody else has to play.  So if you're at a shallower position you might get a lot of snaps against the Chiefs, but have no real chance of making the roster.

Just three UDFA plus two tryout guys remaining.

Caleb Jones, Tyler Goodson and Akial Byers.

Kobe Jones and Jack Coco.

Normally most of our UDFA guys would land on the PS but the majority of them have been cut before we even reached the 53 roster cutdown. Now i'm starting to wonder if we will just raid other teams cuts more so this year in order to fill out most of the PS. This doesn't appear to be a good UDFA class for us this year.

I feel very confident that Byers won't make the cut due to our depth on the DL. At the moment I have us keeping five and he's not one of them.

I think the final OLB spot will be between Garvin, Hamilton and Jones. Galeai is secured due to his major roles on ST.

I'm leaning towards Goodson over Taylor as our 3rd RB and I don't anticipate us keeping a 4th.

Gut feeling is Caleb Jones makes the roster and is developed much in the same way as we did with Nijman. I'm wondering who will be our starting right guard. If Bakh is on the left, Jenkins on the right and Runyan at left guard, that leaves Newman, Hanson and Tom fighting it out. I don't think Nijiman plays unless Bakh is out.  I think the last preseason game will give a strong indicator as to which way the team is leaning at right guard.

I have us keeping 7 WRs but there's definitely a high possibility of a surprise cut. Cobb, Watkins and Rodgers are all on the bubble for me. Cobb and Watkins offer zero ST potential. Only Rodgers is being used with some regularity but if Rodgers is cut then our kick and punt returners will be a mixture of Watson, Gafford and Doubs.

33 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just three UDFA plus two tryout guys remaining.

Caleb Jones, Tyler Goodson and Akial Byers.

Kobe Jones and Jack Coco.

Normally most of our UDFA guys would land on the PS but the majority of them have been cut before we even reached the 53 roster cutdown. Now i'm starting to wonder if we will just raid other teams cuts more so this year in order to fill out most of the PS. This doesn't appear to be a good UDFA class for us this year.

I feel very confident that Byers won't make the cut due to our depth on the DL. At the moment I have us keeping five and he's not one of them.

I think the final OLB spot will be between Garvin, Hamilton and Jones. Galeai is secured due to his major roles on ST.

I'm leaning towards Goodson over Taylor as our 3rd RB and I don't anticipate us keeping a 4th.

Gut feeling is Caleb Jones makes the roster and is developed much in the same way as we did with Nijman. I'm wondering who will be our starting right guard. If Bakh is on the left, Jenkins on the right and Runyan at left guard, that leaves Newman, Hanson and Tom fighting it out. I don't think Nijiman plays unless Bakh is out.  I think the last preseason game will give a strong indicator as to which way the team is leaning at right guard.

I have us keeping 7 WRs but there's definitely a high possibility of a surprise cut. Cobb, Watkins and Rodgers are all on the bubble for me. Cobb and Watkins offer zero ST potential. Only Rodgers is being used with some regularity but if Rodgers is cut then our kick and punt returners will be a mixture of Watson, Gafford and Doubs.

I see these two about as far away from the bubble as possible. At this point Watkins is at worst WR2 and Cobb is Rodgers' guy. Specials will have zero influence on retaining them. Amari is the biggest "surprise" of the WR group. His only real value is punt returner but that can be replaced. And as bad as the return teams were last year they may be better off not having anyone back there at all. At least the. They can't muff the punt or fumble. 

Just a reminder that our Long Snapper went from this:

Spoiler

hbfdfqmgyya9cifagkf6

to this:

Spoiler

E8MnoGUXsAMIUFm.jpg

And this:

Spoiler

FS_arkdX0AAabbB?format=jpg

to this:

Spoiler

FS_arkfXsAE2s7z?format=jpg&name=large

So dreamy

Spoiler

FBQhg3uWUAkF4bl?format=jpg&name=large

No wonder the Packers like him. If he can apply this level of work ethic and determination to his body then surely he can apply it to improving his long snapping game. They made no hesitation to place Coco as the starting long snapper over Wirtel immediately before training camp even started.

I dont know where Caleb Jones fits with this team, 53?, PS?, cut? 

Was just curious about his strength and agility, and if you could line him up over the guard on field goals.

A little push and 6'9 in the air might get to some balls.

Don't know if he has the sort of athleticism to do that?

Opposing kickers:  "Would one of you MFers please block King Kong from coming up the middle??"😄😄

Edited by NFLGURU