Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

You've become very football smart in just 5-6 years!

Haha thanks but not really, I can't identify a coverage or evaluate a player to save my life. That's why I usually refrain from posting anything remotely in depth, we have guys like rcon and alex for that stuff. I'm just here for comic relief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Man some of you guys are young on here making me feel old, mind you not as old as Cannondale I stated watching NFL in the 80's as a young kid and the Pack when BF took over. Lets all stop dating the old guys though:)

I’m spoiled in that I’ve only ever known Favre/Rodgers, started with the pack in bout 1995 as a youngin.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m spoiled in that I’ve only ever known Favre/Rodgers, started with the pack in bout 1995 as a youngin.

John Hadl, Jerry Tagge,David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, Rich Campbell, Randy Wright, Don Majikowski. Favre, Rodgers. A lifetime of QB’s

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seriously started watching (as serious as a 2nd grader can) in 2000. Probably didn't have any sort of grasp of what I was seeing until like 05 and not seriously until like 08 :/

Giving yourself some credit there aren't you now

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

You guys don't know tears. I watched the Packers in the 70's and 80's

Those were dark times after Lombardi left. The Packers literally became the laughing stock of the NFL for years until Ron Wolf came along in the early 90s.

He brought in Holmgren, Reggie, and Favre along with several other key additions like: Keith Jackson, Santana Dotson and Frank Winters...and the rest, as they say, is history!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was just thinking that I started playing tackle football in 5th grade and at that point I kinda understood what a pass set was and knew the names of the positions.

All good man.  Just busting your chops a little.   Just interesting the game I played in HS and beyond was well before some of you were even contemplating what a football was.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seriously started watching (as serious as a 2nd grader can) in 2000. Probably didn't have any sort of grasp of what I was seeing until like 05 and not seriously until like 08 :/

yeah the first game i watched was the 04' wildcard loss to MIN when i was 8 or 9. i was 100% in after that. researching draft prospects. posting on message boards. i can't imagine how bad that must've been. was more emotionally-invested between the ages of 9-17 than i'll probably ever be again. some of those playoff losses broke me. now i just **** post for the most part 

1 hour ago, JQ1 said:

Those were dark times after Lombardi left. The Packers literally became the laughing stock of the NFL for years until Ron Wolf came along in the early 90s.

He brought in Holmgren, Reggie, and Favre along with several other key additions like: Keith Jackson, Santana Dotson and Frank Winters...and the rest, as they say, is history!

Ole bag a donuts haven’t talked about Winters in ages.