All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. How long do you think the Falcons have to wait before they can start pushing to move free agency after the draft without people figuring it out?
  3. who's excited to have Will Shipley join the team late tonight?
  4. Hoodies comments: Have separation issues now and then, but nothing that cant be coached. I like the pick.
  5. I think the way to understand the Penix pick is that the Cousins contract is actually for two years. Previously it was two years then a team option, but now it's two years and they're planning on moving on.
  6. Get an o-line coach in there to teach the DBs to block. Don't hold and as long as you keep them within 5 yards you can hit them as much as you like. lol
  7. I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but I'm glad the team didn't throw away a bucket of 1st round picks to make it happen. I'll cheer for McCarthy and hope for the best. I anticipate he'll spend '24 learning how to be an NFL QB in the KOC system. He'll probably get his opportunity to work with the team's top receivers in '25 training camp in preparation for becoming the #1. I think he'll have a long career in the league, because he has most of the tools.
  8. 33-BUF- Adonai WR 34-NE- Ladd WR 35-AZ- DeJean DB 36-WAS- Kool-Aid CB 37-LAC- Wilson WR 38-TEN- Coleman WR Trade 50+53+172 to CAR for 39+65 39-PHI- Newton DL
  9. I projected a trade with the Cardinals in my final mock; The Lions move back to 66 and receive pick #90. If the rest of the draft looked something like this we would be in pretty good shape: 66--OT/OG Kiran Amedgadjie 90--EDGE Jalyx Hunt 164--WR Malik Washington 201--CB/Safety Willie Drew 205--OC/OG Jacob Monk 249--PK Cam Little
  10. See, now those are some highlight blocks, lol.
  11. "Falcons take QB from the National Championship game, plan to sit him for a few years". Oof.
  12. If nothing else the competition in that CB room is going to be very interesting going into the season.
  13. I have Vick, Cam, Palmer, Luck, and Peyton above Caleb, for sure.
  14. I don't like trading future picks. Hope we avoid that.
  15. Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom Morgan-Newman-Draft Pick-Draft Pick-Dillard Jones/Telfort/Tenuta
  16. Yeah sorry but if another man tried to remove my hat like that we would not be so cordial lmfao. Tepper is a loser.
  17. To be fair, yet to be seen in terms of this quote. Is Broderick Jones at RT or LT? We just drafted a guy who has played over 2000 snaps at LT and no snaps on the right side as far as I am aware. Both guys have been left tackles. Jones said it's his more natural spot. Someone's getting moved. I just hope they don't screw with development. If Jones is the RT, leave him. If it's Troy, leave him. I am very happy with the draft pick. Now it's onto development. We haven't show a great feel for that with this coaching staff. Speed and skill are not the same thing. Glad we got speed, but John Ross had a terrible NFL career. You mean $13.6M on a one year deal. If not, then you mean $13.6/m per year up to 3. FYI, that ranks 5th at the position. Go back up to what I read. I do not value that position. We had a good thing going last year where we pieced together 3 guys for $3M less than Queen's deal. And that's the meat on the bone part. We spent more money at the position for a single player than a group of dudes we pieced together for less the year before. Injuries ruined that position, not the guys they acquired. Me - DCASH4 - my opinion is that you could have pieced together the position again for less (Josey Jewell, Jordan Hicks, Devin White (not a fan), or Willie Gay Jr) and spent the other cash on a secondary guy like CGJ who would knock the necessity for NCB and S off the board while supplanting anything you feel like you lose with Queen in the middle. So, meat on the bone: We signed a big contract (for the position) at a spot I don't value when we likely could have gotten similar production and added another player (or used that cash towards a bigger upgrade like Aiyuk or Sutton). We could have gotten better compensation. It's all in what I said up in the OP. Similar players to Jackson available in free agency (please check the charting in the links provided), which he may have found himself in a day or 2 later anyway. The Chiefs were rumored to have interest in DJ. Would they have sent us a 4th or 5th? That would be better and could go towards a drafted receiver to replace DJ or towards a trade for Sutton. Heck we used DJ to trade for a Corner....did you see what the Chiefs got back for Sneed?! Could we have sent DJ and a 4th (or later?) to the Chiefs a locked up corner for the next 5 years? Dunno... Again, meat on the bone: what we got, I think we could have gotten better. I am not sure how to respond to this. Look at the way those two play the QB position and the way Smith runs a game. It's not a match made in heaven. I'm not saying it CAN'T or WON'T work, but their styles are very different. I don't know what to tell you @Ward4HOF We DO NOT have to agree. I love what Khan has done in his 2 years and stated many times he would crush the draft. But I don't think we did as much as we could have. I do not agree with your "upgrade" list. The best things we did, IMO, was land the 2 QBs at a ridiculous rate -- and there is likely a better chance than not that neither on on the roster next year (in part, because they are BOTH here). Heck, they set up Queens contract where if he isn't a pro bowl/all pro guy he is likely out too. Donte Jackson's on an expiring himself, quiet honestly if he was even just on a 2 year deal I'd feel slightly better, but he isn't. So our best moves are going to come via the draft, again where I think they kill it. But I think we had opportunity to do more than check a few boxes through better compensation for trades, through other players with a multi-year outlook, or through developmental paths being set in motion. Feel free to disagree, but I am happy to share my thoughts.
  18. There was no reason for the Jets to not go to the Vikings to see what they would give up
  19. Doesn’t look clean? He caught it consistently again and again whenever he was open. He doesn’t fight the ball in the air like MVS. And his deep post, nines and go routes are super clean catches. This analysis is so confusing lol
  20. I think it was Franklin that looked like he did no prep at the combine...I'm out on him(if I'm thinking of the right guy)...he looked like a guy that has always gotten by on talent. He literally messed up every drill at the combine. I am a Michigan fan and like Roman Wilson, but early second seems high for him...but similar to McCarthy he was n to asked to do much so hard to evaluate. He does have speed and shiftiness so could be nice in the slot.
  21. Paul from Houston Semuwhatever Rosengarden from Washington. Think they're solid OT candidates.
  22. i was hoping we would throw our 2025 1 at a team last night to grab newton. The fact that he is still there makes me want it even more. 2025 2nd, 2024 3rd for 2024 2nd and 2024 4th? like you said, we ~might~ get a bonus 3rd if Ian leaves, plus we have the extra 2nd anyways - why not?
  23. Love the pick and love that Parsons is annoyed again haha.
  1. Load more activity