All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have really enjoyed it. Still watching it. So much respect for Bill in the league
  3. Fautanu was a LT but so was Jones. Who plays LT this year (other than Moore of course)? I would expect Jones, but what if Fautanu doesn't play RT good enough? Good news is they know Jones can play RT anyways. Who thinks Fautanu can play RT well enough in Smiths offence? I like the pick as long as he is playing where he is best. OL is getting help , thats a start
  4. Caleb Williams - Chicago Jayden Daniels - Washington Drake Maye - New England Michael Penix - Atlanta JJ McCarthy - Minnesota Bo Nix - Denver Which situation do you see as most conducive to looking like Stroud early... and conversely, looking like Bryce?
  5. It would have been better to take Byron Murphy, and then take someone like Rattler in Round 3. Bo Nix will be thrown to the wolves behind this crappy O-line, and he will be ruined. This FO doesn't understand that you have to build from the inside out.
  6. it sounds like the Packers are going to give Morgan every chance to try out at LT first. good competition with Walker. I've spoken for a while here that I'm not sold on Walker so I was hoping we'd go tackle. the question is, can Morgan stick at tackle? it's good that if he can't, he'll at least be able to beat out Rhyan at RG (based on what I've seen from Rhyan I'm far from impressed) either way we just improved the line when 3 of our OL left, including a HoF caliber LT. taking OL is a great idea, but I'm going to need convincing on the player. he has good tape against Latu, what other games should I be looking at ?? it all comes to how I feel about Gutey and the Packers development on OL. I think we have a coaching edge on the offensive line over teams. Gutey seems to think he's a left tackle, which is interesting as most draft media see him as a guard at the next level. I trust in Gutey and this team when it comes to OL, if they like Morgan then maybe they see something others don't and we have a stud my prediction for our OL week 1 LT - Morgan LG - Jenkins C - Tom RG - Myers/Rhyan RT - Walker
  7. Wow what a draft- take it from an old fart like me- really historic. You young bucks will remember this one for a long time- record breaking QB’s, defense? Nah AI said it with practice/ it’s all about getting the O- it’s always been my motto too, now to the redskins- I don’t hate the pick but it’s a continuation of the curse- just think how we’d feel now we let Snyder suck a little better, lol. We’d have John Elway 2.0 instead of Splinter aka Rg4 my new nickname for the newest qb. Watching the interviews, of course already watched all the tape - Splinter has a top 5 college OL, the top receiving corp- number 1 in nation in talent so his numbers are off the chart, I don’t think he’s a bust, but he’s what we’d call back in the day- shrimpdxxk going up a big salami who is now quarterbacking the bears. And in a few years number 3 will be an awesome qb for pats. So I’m disappointed for the Redskins and our fans. I’m not going to trash the GM- he is paying the penance we still owe from Snyder and the disastrous name change, but we are going to be heart broken and back in the top 3 in 2027 after Marriotta is our qb for two years and we are all still around. also wtf with Atlanta? Ultimate game managers Kc signs a mvp i deal and now they pick a qb in round 1? Listen bros I understand the concept of when you have one, having two seems like it will at least be twice as good especially if they play together, but I just don’t see this ever working in the ATL. Strangest first round pick I can ever remember Lastly what kind of blackmail do the chiefs have on the bills to make them be such a *****? No way anybody who is a fan of the bills understands what happened tonight. Is this the WWE wrestling now? ok, btw, hit my prop bet on the first 5 picks and going to enjoy my winnings Atlanta style, but with Sky, Sierra and Trixie, not Kirk Cousins and Penix :)) not that there is anything wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea, but I’m a scotch and in particular a Macallan man. Doc out!
  8. If he goes somewhere else. The Broncos will throw him into the fire on day one, and they won't put too much around him. That O-line is terrible, and he will get killed. I wouldn't go to Denver if I was Bo. Demand a trade.
  9. Kwesi is a gambler when it comes potential incredible bargains IF they go right and reach their highest potential. He's worldly enough to know that Sweat was careless, as many young athletes are. That doesn't mean that the kids' character is so flawed that he's much more likely to fail in The NFL because of immaturity, bad decisions, and a criminal bent. The Vikings have a good culture and facilities, and staff and auxiliary consultants that can do a better job of keeping the players in line than many of the other NFL teams. Sweat's high-end potential is so high (especially related to his cost (IF he drops to pick 108), that Kwesi would be making a bad mistake to not pick him there. That is especially crucial in a season when The team has many roster holes to fill with better players, and has gotten rid of half of so many of their picks high in this draft and in next year's as well.
  10. Anything that helps protect Love and opens up holes for Jacobs is a good thing.
  11. If we were going to really go balls to the wall and give up next years first to get into the top end of the 2nd round then I think you go all out and take JPJ…still could argue a need at centre…pushed Bates & Shelton into being great depth…and gives you a young highly athletic & physical centre who much like Rome can grow with Caleb out wide would give you a pivot for the next 10-15 years who can snap the ball to him consistently…for that to happen I think we would need to have a mid 1st round grade on him… More likely I think we trade into the mid-late part of the 2nd given up one of the two 2nds we already have…could make an argument for Frazier given the above but I see us doing that more for a defensive guy at either EDGE like Marshawn Kneeland who has all the traits of a “Flus DE” or Ruke Orhorhoro who would be that UT we are still lacking in the rotation with Gervon.
  12. Apparently Carolina’s shown more interest in Leggette than any other WR this offseason, so…if the Bills were willing to trade up with KC to get them Worthy, I doubt that they’re wheeling and dealing with any specific intention, lol. I thought Leggette would be there, though. Man, Franklin’s definitely a better version of Thornton, but….it’d be another version of Thornton, lol. I can’t get myself to like that pick, if it came to fruition. It may have been a rumor, but there were rumblings this past week about Mitchell being a difficult guy to coach and supremely moody, with his blood sugar being a big issue. Maybe that’s the reason he’s here on Day 2? Shrug. Of the WRs, I think stylistically, I’d have to lean either McConkey or Coleman. Both might show glimpses of former Patriots (Edelman and Harry), but I think both are souped up versions of those guys. McConkey’s obviously a superior athlete to Jules, and Coleman isn’t a lumbering presence IMO. He’s not a burner either, that’s to be sure. But he’s an outside presence that you could throw it up to, which I think the team is lacking. He might be the consistent version of DeVante Parker. I’d love Mitchell too, but only if that off the field stuff is bogus. Non-WRs? Can’t complain with DeJean, Newton, JPJ, Frazier, Kingsley, or even a trade down. DeJean gives the team a slot guy that can get back and play FS, which the secondary kind of lack defensively. Newton doesn’t seem to be the prototypical DL that NE likes to use, but he’s so fun to watch that you just have to make that guy fit your defense. He’s disruptive. JPJ/Frazier could walk in the door and beat out Strange or Sow outright, or at worst fill in for Andrews when he does retire (which he considered this year). Kingsley obviously you hope he comes in and eventually becomes your LT. Trading back? Not my number one option, but this is a sweet spot to do it. After a few of those fallers from R1, the draft does get awfully similar in terms of value from maybe 35-40 through 80ish. If you can grab another one of those picks, sweet.
  13. Yeah I saw. I went to pickup food after the Chiefs pick lol I didn’t realize Buffalo traded down. Even more reason I want a WR. They’re getting off the board QUICK
  14. The one thing that I like is that this guy seems like he is a smart guy - and I like to see the Broncos draft smart football players.
  15. And now I just realized DeJean to BUF feels like a strong possibility itself
  16. So do we talk about round three here or begin a new thread for that?
  17. No more soap. He earned his way onto my ignore list and it takes some real effort at being an annoyance to do that. And for the record the last post was his not mine. By that time I'd already hit ignore and moved on.
  18. Would anybody trade 44 and Mayer to WAS for 36 and 100?
  19. That was a great draft. I could hardly imagine a better outcome for the Vikings.
  20. Based on their NFL grades CW and Odunze both carried the same grade making them jointly the #3 ranked players with only MHJr and Nabers above them. To have gotten two blue chip players like these two is IMHO exactly what this draft was all about. By trading for Allen Poles created a hedge against Odunze not falling to us or being able to trade up for him but it sounds like he was their target all along. From the standpoint of potential production and economics it could not have worked out any better than this for the Bears.
  21. When you look at the available players, we more than likely will get a BPA at a position of need again this round. So far everything works out perfect for us!
  22. Will depend on who is available for sure, but would be very happy about it! Maybe even a trade up in the 2nd with one of the 5th rounder.
  23. Today
  24. As far as the player himself i love Michael Penix as a QB. Before we signed Cousins he was my choice for us at 8 on numerous of mocks i was apart of or talked to ppl about. Penix is my #2 QB in this class although it's more of a 2a / 2b with him and Caleb. Daniels was my #1 Caleb and Penix 2a/2b i like both about the same. Then Maye at 3 or 4 jj at 5 and bo at 6 Although JJ and Bo i had as late 1st to mid 2nd guys. The other 4 i had as top 10 guys and think they will be very good nfl QB's. Now as for the pick itself for me with as much help as we need at Edge anything other than that i had a serious problem with and i said it before the pick and i'll say it after. If it's not a edge then its a failing grade pick for me in round 1 and i stay true to that. Fontenot has failed the Falcons along with Dimitroff as well for the last decade plus at edge outside of 1 fluke season from Beasley. Fontenot refused to get a edge in a loaded massive FA class, refused to trade for Burns or Reddick, and refused to take 1 in round 1. As of right now Fontenot hasn't lived up to my expectations as a GM and until he fixes the edge problem for good or puts legit effort into fixing it I have no faith in him.
  1. Load more activity