What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I enjoy an 8 hour work day being actually 8 hours.

No “work clothes” (I wear a tee and gym shorts 90% of my life), no commute, no traffic, no packing lunches or buying breakfast, no nonsense.

this reminds me of the time when several NFL talking heads were trying to convince Jimmy Johnson to return to coaching in the NFL

He told them:
" I wore shoes twice last year  (a wedding and a funeral)
What can you offer me that's better than that ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No “work clothes” (I wear a tee and gym shorts 90% of my life), no commute, no traffic, no packing lunches or buying breakfast, no nonsense.

Same here... Except my shift is only 7.5 hours. But I'm with you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Checks post count...

”Works for FF”

;)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, K9 said:

My commute is only 18 min - on a busy day. Now, with no one on the road, easily 11 min.. BUT---if you have a longer commute, that time you're saving is friggin priceless!  Wear and tear -- honestly, I'm a leaser for life, so I don't worry too much about that part; different subject all together  ha 

15 minutes each way = 30 minutes each day = 2.5 hours each week = 130 hours each year = (lets say 8 holidays and 15 PTO days) 119.5 hours each year you're doing nothing but traveling to & from work. Essentially 15 additional "work days" spent just driving.

And thats just a 15 minute commute.

My commute is 13 stairs and then 3 steps out the door. My home office is attached to our house, but you have to go outside to reach it
That level of separation is required when you have kids/dogs at home and it's kinda psychological as well.
I know I'm "going" to work and its a dedicated space for tax purposes.

I've worked from home for 20+ years, I can't imagine going into an office -  my colleagues in the office tell me I wouldn't make it past lunch on the first day

The other immense benefit of WFH is that I was always here when the kids came home from school, and they would stop in my office and give me the daily update. Those are some of the most cherished moments for me, moments I wouldn't have gotten if I was commuting or at an office.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

My commute is 13 stairs and then 3 steps out the door. My home office is attached to our house, but you have to go outside to reach it
That level of separation is required when you have kids/dogs at home and it's kinda psychological as well.
I know I'm "going" to work and its a dedicated space for tax purposes.

I have an office, but the idea of a completely separate area would be nice.  Like you said, the psychological separation of work and home.

I've worked from home for 20+ years, I can't imagine going into an office -  my colleagues in the office tell me I wouldn't make it past lunch on the first day

5 years in and I’d be toast.

The other immense benefit of WFH is that I was always here when the kids came home from school, and they would stop in my office and give me the daily update. Those are some of the most cherished moments for me, moments I wouldn't have gotten if I was commuting or at an office.

Yeah, legit the best part.

I'd love the option to WFH 4 days a week and go into the office once a week or something similar once we get through this.  I like my work enough that one day a week to at least get that interaction would be nice, but the amount of money we're saving by both working from home is pretty substantial.  Between gas, eating out, and our dog walker we're saving close to $200 a week.  An extra $10,000 a year sure would help my school loans.