Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

My immune system is already trill af but since it’s now inevitable I’m getting this thing is there anything extra I can do to get it ready for game day?

Buy toilet paper.

• Like 2

Above videos were in Australia. Notice how in the first one, one of the daughters notices she's being filmed at about 8 seconds in, and does her best "I'm being victimized scream". Pathetic.

Also, apparently a knife was pulled between two people fighting over a pack of toilet paper. Last by not least, check out this photo:

ESLLaz-UUAI3-oI?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is hilariously stupid. Also in Hong Kong a month ago, armed robbers stole a pallet of toilet paper from a distributor. Not money, but TOILET PAPER. 

I live in Macau, and this panic wave hit us about three and a half weeks back. My little market by my house was packed like never before. A ton of public places have been shut down, and schools are still closed. Now things are slowly going back to normal with some places reopening with limited hours. Probably going to be a while before this terror wave completely goes away. Folks are still wearing masks of course, but personally I think the fear has made people panic way too early. Buying seven big bags of rice like I heard someone do, is nuts at this point. I will say, I always enjoy fictional movies, television, and books that depict a world wide threat/pandemic that just showcases how quickly humans resort back to savages when their livelihood is severely threatened. Obviously there are aspects of many fiction stories that are just bull****, but people acting like hooligans in the face of their own destruction is spot on.

BTW, someone brought up a good point that the America might be hit extra hard with this entire saga, due to people not willing to be quarantined. Since they'd have to be paying for all of these lab tests and screenings if it does happen. Some folks just won't be able to afford that. Especially with millions of Americans without health insurance/living paycheck to paycheck. And it's not like they'll self-quarantine either. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

BTW, someone brought up a good point that the America might be hit extra hard with this entire saga, due to people not willing to be quarantined. Since they'd have to be paying for all of these lab tests and screenings if it does happen. Some folks just won't be able to afford that. Especially with millions of Americans without health insurance/living paycheck to paycheck. And it's not like they'll self-quarantine either. 

I think that’s a stretch. Most people I know who don’t have health insurance just don’t pay the bill. I went to the ER once when I didn’t have insurance and people told me I was dumb for paying the bill.

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think that’s a stretch. Most people I know who don’t have health insurance just don’t pay the bill. I went to the ER once when I didn’t have insurance and people told me I was dumb for paying the bill.

If you don't pay, they send it to collections and you can usually negotiate it down pretty severely.  With a penalty to your credit, obviously.

They do eventually catch up with you though.  And either way, if you let it go to collections, it'll ding your credit.  You were smart to pay it.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Those people giving you that advice are dumb and probably have horrible credit and don’t own a single thing (house/nice car/have savings). Without good credit life would be really tough. You were smart to pay it as @theJ said. 

• Like 2

The store I work at has been hit by the coronavirus craze

local woman who is bat**** crazy and believes the earth is flat has posted all over Facebook that our stores produce manager has been in contact with the coronavirus and nobody should shop there 

it’s totally untrue, but it’s on Facebook so it doesn’t have to be true to be believed 

produce manager is quite heated about it