2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I tend to agree. Have to see how Darnold does the rest of the way. Fields looks impressive... so its certainly possible.

I also think somehow we get a win this year. While we shouldn't win any of the games. There are some winnable games out there. A team like JAX has a tougher schedule than us the rest of the way. And if we both end up with 1 win. They draft ahead of us. And I cant see them not going TLaw. So we then have to decide if we go Fields or stick with Darnold. 

I think both Lawrence (obviously) and Fields are better than any QB taken in the Darnold/Baker/Allen draft prospect wise.  

Sam is done here so if we drop to 2 for some reason Fields is a no brainier.

Things change if we drop further than that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lawrence already talking about possibly staying in school lol. Jets are just destined to suck forever 

I don’t understand this mentality though. If he goes back to school and next year a team like Jax get the 1st overall pick would someone really not want the NY market and instead go to a team that has to play games in London because their market sucks?!?! 

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I don’t understand this mentality though. If he goes back to school and next year a team like Jax get the 1st overall pick would someone really not want the NY market and instead go to a team that has to play games in London because their market sucks?!?! 

On top of that risk a serious injury and end up falling like Tua. If you're the consensus #1, you take it because the future is not guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Is Fields worth #1 and restarting everything again though?! Is the difference between Lawerence and Fields not a great deal?

In my eyes, Fields is a step below TLaw. He's worthy of the #1 pick, but going from TLaw to Justin is going to hurt.

lol Exactly why I keep preaching about firing Gase.

Losing isn't the problem. Losing horribly, organization acting as if they don't care, and the lack of development with previous QBs is troubling. We want to show we care and at least trying. The way our star players left didn't help either. Now the media is bashing us. The next coach really has to have a good rep and give hope. The teams in the past that look bad are in small markets, so they never took as much of a media bashing. If we really want Lawrence, we're playing a dangerous game with keeping gase and trading away better players. We're not even hearing anything encouraging from CJ and JD right now. So a QB that's be praised as the second coming of Jesus will consider all options to protect himself. 

I think Fields will be a great QB. I don't mind selecting him at all. I think he's closer to TL than most people. One thing I noticed is that Justin Fields scans the field better than TL when the 1st option is taken away. Even when scrambling, he keeps his eyes up down field. Both will be great QBs. He can work well with a lot of the coaches we've mentioned. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Lawrence already talking about possibly staying in school lol. Jets are just destined to suck forever 

The hell he did.   All craps about advising him to stay in school. Ignore them.   T Law already declared to turn pro after this season.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Is Fields worth #1 and restarting everything again though?! Is the difference between Lawerence and Fields not a great deal?

There is Trey Lance talk which is totally ridiculous.    As far as Fields is concerned, we need to look at Dwayne Haskins.  If you find more common between him and Fields on the field, you stick with T Law.  If less, either is good.

Edited by JetsandI

7 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Still got a feeling that Gase gets canned at the bye week. He looked like a broken man last week and I can’t imagine his presser after we get rolled by the Chiefs. Then a lost to the struggling Pats will be the last straw for CJ. 

And no, I’m not high as I’m typing this post. Lol. 

*******WARNING**********WARNING***********WARNING***************

It is not high, it is a nightmare.

tumblr_mgmpprnfVd1r5r8duo1_r14_500.gif

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Still got a feeling that Gase gets canned at the bye week. He looked like a broken man last week and I can’t imagine his presser after we get rolled by the Chiefs. Then a lost to the struggling Pats will be the last straw for CJ. 

And no, I’m not high as I’m typing this post. Lol. 

I was thinking this earlier.  The silence is starting to make me believe this is possible,  but I'm scared to get my hopes up.