2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not sure that Jenkins isn't the RT of the future.

It's easier to find guards than tackles.  And he has the ability to play RT at a very high level.

That being said, I'm looking at corner, DL and WR with early picks.  

I just can't help but feel if Jenkins future was at RT, Jenkins would be playing RT right now. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just can't help but feel if Jenkins future was at RT, Jenkins would be playing RT right now. 

Maybe.  But we lost a starting guard.  While having Turner and Wagner on the roster.

You never know what the future holds given the cap.  I can see a scenario where it's easier to draft a guard and flip Jenkins to tackle.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

On 10/8/2020 at 1:33 AM, CWood21 said:

This.  He's their LG.

co-signed. MLF's going to want to put his imprint on the Tackle position and grab a particular player he wants at the position.

I suspect Stepaniak pushes for a starting G spot next year.  Many thought he’d be a 3rd-4th rounder prior to his injury and he’ll be well more than a year out from his ACL injury.   Jenkins is a great guard but it wouldn’t shock me if Stepaniak and Runyan are the starting Guards with Jenkins the new Center.  

Just had my first stab at Thedraftnetwork site for a 3 round mock. I don't know much about the players apart from what was said on TDN, but went with what I thought was decent value (at least on their board) and positions of most need, imo.

29 DL Jaylen Twyman       Pittsburgh 6'2", 290  Good vision, great strength and excellent quickness off the snap
61 OT Jalen Mayfield        Michigan  6'5", 319   Great size, superior athleticism and a good run blocker too - need some technique work.
92 CB Marco Wilson         Florida   6'0", 190    Fast thinker who plays outside and in. Good closing speed as a blitzer and cover guy. Should only get better. Inconsistent jamming at the LOS.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Just had my first stab at Thedraftnetwork site for a 3 round mock. I don't know much about the players apart from what was said on TDN, but went with what I thought was decent value (at least on their board) and positions of most need, imo.

29 DL Jaylen Twyman       Pittsburgh 6'2", 290  Good vision, great strength and excellent quickness off the snap

Seems small. Does he go through his man or does he take the path of least resistance? Can he sit in a double? Like you Ive seen nothing yet but from just the profile I'd say it's not a great fit.

23 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Seems small. Does he go through his man or does he take the path of least resistance? Can he sit in a double? Like you Ive seen nothing yet but from just the profile I'd say it's not a great fit.

We drafted Mike Daniels at 6' 280 with a 4.8 40. Does Twyman have the lateral agility that Daniels had; that's the question for me if he's a viable prospect.

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I suspect Stepaniak pushes for a starting G spot next year.  Many thought he’d be a 3rd-4th rounder prior to his injury and he’ll be well more than a year out from his ACL injury.   Jenkins is a great guard but it wouldn’t shock me if Stepaniak and Runyan are the starting Guards with Jenkins the new Center.  

I hate to be rude, but what in the actual #@c% are you talking about? Since when has Jenkins been slated for Center duties? If anything, Patrick or Hanson take over in the event Linsley leave. In fact, Hanson was drafted as a Center FWIW...

I will give you that Runyan is a viable(and VERY viable) option at RG in the near future. I cannot emphasize how much I loved this pick and can't believe how far he fell. He was great in the Minny game and will be a Day 3 steal when all is said and done barring a major injury(or injury history) or a complete and utter regression.

Just now, Joe said:

We drafted Mike Daniels at 6' 280 with a 4.8 40. Does Twyman have the lateral agility that Daniels had; that's the question for me if he's a viable prospect.

I hate to be rude, but what in the actual #@c% are you talking about? Since when has Jenkins been slated for Center duties? If anything, Patrick or Hanson take over in the event Linsley leave. In fact, Hanson was drafted as a Center FWIW...

I will give you that Runyan is a viable(and VERY viable) option at RG in the near future. I cannot emphasize how much I loved this pick and can't believe how far he fell. He was great in the Minny game and will be a Day 3 steal when all is said and done barring a major injury(or injury history) or a complete and utter regression.

Well Daniels was a century ago under a different system soooooo that has literally no bearing. As soon as this system was brought in he got shipped out.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

You're right - probably don't know what the %^&$ I'm talking about....

CAREER: The No. 1 center prospect for the 2019 NFL Draft, according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr., who is also versatile enough to play every position on the line … Transitioned into the starting center role in 2017 preseason camp and shined as a junior … Played in 49 career games with 34 starts – 26 at center, five at left tackle, two at left guard and one at right tackle … Allowed only one sack over 762 pass-blocking snaps at center during his junior and senior seasons, per Pro Football Focus … Two-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll

2018 SENIOR SEASON: Started all 13 games at center … Recipient of the Kent Hull Trophy, awarded annually to the top offensive lineman in the state of Mississippi … Earned first-team All-America honors from The Athletic and fourth-team honors from Phil Steele … Played 773 total snaps, including 369 in pass protection, according to Pro Football Focus … Did not allow a sack through the first nine games of the season … Surrendered zero QB hits and only six total pressures … Committed just one penalty … Tied for the SEC lead in fewest total pressures allowed (6) among centers who played at least 200 pass-blocking snaps … Earned a pass-blocking grade of 80.0 or better from PFF in seven different games, including four times in SEC action ... Earned the third-best overall PFF grade (74.1) in the SEC among centers who played a minimum of 770 snaps … His 74.1 overall grade was his highest since 2015 when he finished with a 73.1 grade … Collected the second-highest PFF pass-blocking grade (84.8) in the conference among centers … Finished as one of only four centers in the SEC who did not allow a QB hit over at least 350 snaps played in pass protection … Led an offensive line that helped the offense rank second in the SEC in both rushing yards per game (223.6) and yards per rush (5.7) …

------I won't post the rest of it...it goes on and on.   But &*^&ing career stats and awards and grades as a center...am I right?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agree with this but don't understand why we would not play him at the premium but we do have RT's on the roster. Is it possible he's the left tackle of the future?