Australian Survivor!! Now - Tribal!! Final!! Congratulations to our Sole Survivor - Outpost31!!

2 hours ago, Daboyle said:

I asked if numbers can be written out as words and he said he’ll allow it. Therefore suck it.

i did say this and @Outpost31 i told you this multiple times in the thread Ocean's Twelve Monkeys failed as a chain because you have to link Ocean's Twelve to like Eat Pray Love or another that begins with an e

that is the third time i've written that

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is the first question I asked him and he said no.  So you suck it.

4 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:
2 hours ago, Daboyle said:

I asked if numbers can be written out as words and he said he’ll allow it. Therefore suck it.

i did say this

lol

@MWil23 sees that there's writing on the wall and takes leave of absence from the game. thank you for playing, brother! was fun to have you!

so let's get straight to the next immunity Craft

-Tribes will have to create an immunity challenge that they could play

-The tribes must give a set of rules and an introductory post just like mine when a challenge starts; the challenges must be doable, practical, and involved, and new and original

-I will then get a panel of three non-playing judges to score each tribe based on the fun level, originality, the post that they submit, the name of the challenge, the fairness of the challenge and the practicality of the challenge, and so on.

tribes also have to give a spiel of 500 words or so (just as a guide) on why their challenge is cool and good and should win.

you have until 8pm est friday to get your challenge created - think outside of the box, be creative and be fun!! we'll unveil also our panel of mystery judges then and there before they judge your challenges and we get a winner!

good luck to both tribes

TITTY

1. @JoshstraDaymus
  2. @daboyle250
  3. @The Orca
  4. @Pickle Rick
  5. @TedLavie
  6. @bcb1213
  7. @MookieMonstah
  8. @Matts4313

Electric Cockpaste

1. @FinneasGage
  2. @ET80
  3. @swoosh
  4. @Ragnarok
  5. @Outpost31
  6. @mission27
  7. @gopherwrestler

deadline for this is friday est 8pm - good luck to both tribes!!!!

Edited by Shady Slim

6 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

@MWil23 sees that there's writing on the wall and takes leave of absence from the game. thank you for playing, brother! was fun to have you!

Thanks for hosting, it was fun! I figured I’d saunter off because we allegedly also start football this Saturday. I’m going to coach to my best ability until the inevitable cancellation.

firstly, presenting our very capable, handsome, buffed, cool judges... it's @Dome and @bucsfan333!! if there is a tie i will break it with my deciding vote.

let's look at the challenges!! 

one of the tribes submitted this:

A Different Perspective It’s time to gather the snacks and coffee, sit around your tribe’s writer’s room and come up with a movie. Not a new movie, but an existing movie from a different perspective. Every movie you’ve ever seen has a protagonist, but it also has other characters, either static or dynamic. A static character is one who undergoes no significant change and serves only a purpose in the development of the dynamic characters. Dynamic characters undergo transition and change throughout the course of a movie.

For example, the original Star Wars trilogy. Luke Skywalker is the protagonist, and he is dynamic. Darth Vader is the antagonist, yet he is a dynamic character. At the start of the trilogy, Darth Vader is evil with no remorse. Luke Skywalker is instinctive, impatient and a whiner. By the end, both Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader have undergone major change. Luke gets wise and patient. Darth Vader finds the good within him and fulfills his destiny, bringing balance to the force.
One popular example of a static character is Boba Fett. Although popular, Boba Fett goes through zero change, zero transition. He is there for purely narrative function. A ruthless bounty hunter who tracks Han Solo, helps capture him and delivers him to Jabba the Hutt only for him to pose a challenge to Han’s escape, ultimately dying in a Saarlac Pit.
Your mission is to write a movie from the perspective of a static character and turn that character into a dynamic character. The catch? The opposite tribe gets to pick which static character you have to turn dynamic.

Rules for the Static Character Selection:

1. It must be from a widely seen movie.
2. Widely seen as characterized by a minimum of 500,000 votes on IMDB. 3. It also must be a mostly well-received movie.
4. The movie must have a rating of at LEAST 7.0 on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/

IMDB. https://www.imdb.com/

After tribes challenge each other, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing and write your Static to Dynamic Masterpiece.
Movies will be judged based on overall cohesiveness of the plot, character development, and abiding by the events we know happen from the movie. Judges will be non-biased, non players in the game of Survivor. They will give your movie an IMDB style rating based on the plot synopsis each tribe provides. They will judge it mostly on whether or not it is a movie they would want to watch.
Three judges, each giving the movie a rating of 1-10. Whichever tribe wrote the movie with the highest rating average wins Immunity and is safe from tribal council.

Example:
Tribe One challenges Tribe Two to write The Truman Show from the perspective of Marlon, Truman’s best friend.
Tribe Two would then have to write a 500-1000 word plot synopsis for a movie based on Marlon from The Truman Show.
There is no required synopsis format. You can feature dialogue, a simple plot description, whatever you decide, but it cannot be more than 1,000 words.

Tribe Two’s submission might look like:

The Marlon Show Marlon’s parents sit him down and talk to him about their decision to move onto the set of The Truman Show. They explain to him that his job is to become friends with Truman, but he can never tell Truman that he is on a TV show. Marlon struggles with jealousy of Truman’s popularity, and as he grows he becomes paranoid knowing all the cameras are watching him. He goes through different moments of caring about Truman, then moments of hating Truman. At one point he plans on telling Truman everything, but his plan gets thwarted. The watchers noticed a change in his behavior, temperament, etc. They watch everything. They warn him what might happen if he was to tell the truth. He would be in breach of contract, he would never work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation. work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation… As the events of the movie pick up, and as he notices Truman noticing the reality of his situation, he has to come up with a way to help Truman without them being able to see it.

500 Word Spiel on Why This Challenge Should Win:

Most everyone left in this game enjoys creative writing. Josh, Daboyle, Orca, Pickle, BCB, Mission, Gopher, Finn and Outpost have all taken part in a movie draft game in the Entertainment section. This is a fun challenge because it lets players get creative in their storytelling abilities, but with a twist. They cannot pick the story, and they can’t even pick the character. They have to follow the constraints of an existing story and an existing timeline, but give character to the characterless. They have to turn a nobody into a somebody, complete with inner turmoil, development and transition. It’s a creative writing prompt with its own constraints and requirements. How do you create transition in a story that hogs all the transition. All other writing challenges in games of this type have given the contestants a blank canvas. This canvas has blotches of restriction all around it, and the contestants will have to paint their own tapestry over the blemishes and canvas restrictions

and the other tribe:

So let's get straight to the next immunity challenge, Deathcage Tournament!!

-Each member of the tribes will have to fill out a bracket (below), March Madness style, try to predict the winners of a deathcage match up between celebrities.  Each match will be to the death.  2 go in, only 1 will leave.  You may not work with the other members of your tribe, this must be done on your own.

-The Tournament will play out over the next week.  Each day will have a poll posted of the rounds matchups and anyone on the board can vote (however tribe members cannot vote).

-Each correct winner in the first round will be worth 1 point, 2 points for the second round, 4 points for the third, 8 points for the fourth round, and so on. 

-The tribe with the most amount of combined points will be declared the winner, with the loser going to tribal council.

-You have until 8pm est ____ to submit your brackets 

-Good luck to both tribes

Deathmatch-Tourney.png

TITTY

@JoshstraDaymus

@daboyle250

@The Orca

@Pickle Rick

@TedLavie

@bcb1213

@MookieMonstah

@Matts4313

Electric Cockpaste

@FinneasGage

@ET80

@swoosh

@Ragnarok

@Outpost31

@mission27

@gopherwrestler

_________

This challenge combines the old school celebrity deathmatch and march madness into a never before seen competition in a Survivor, BB, or Saw game setting.  People will be able to show off their skills and imagination in predicting the survivor/winners of each matchup in the tournament.  There is no random number generator, it will take skills and a vivid imagination to predict the outcome.  It will also involve the entire board and be something fun that everyone can partake in. Who wouldn’t want to see a deathmatch between Danny Devito and Peter Dinklage, better yet would the one who survives that matchup be able to handle themselves against Mark Zuckerberg/Bill Gates, absolutely riveting stuff.  In the imaginary world of the Deathcage and FootballFutures anything can happen.  Will Oprah play it dirty, will Ken Jeong go for the low blow or dope and rope against Zach Galifianakis.  Will Kim Kardashian go all tribal on the skinny Taylor Swift or can Taylor fight wild enough to live and survive.  Anything goes in a fight to the death, absolutely fun for the whole family to watch.  On top of watching the matchups are play out, the tribes are watching on the edge of their seats praying their upset pick can win and give them enough points to win immunity.  Will the last vote cast make you a winner or a loser.  Blood, carnage, immunity, pick this challenge and everyone will have some fun and forget about the world outside while the board devolves into an argument about whether or not one of these celebs has what it takes to survive the Deathmatch Tourney.  The discussion alone for this competition will be epic, everyone on the tribes and the board will absolutely get lost in this competition.  It may quickly become a legend in the making, you just need to vote for this so we can see it come to fruition.  Just imagine the crazy scenarios and matchups that might happen as the tournament unfolds.  You know you want to see this challenge be played out and that should be your answer.         

We should win because this will be the most fun challenge in the history of FootballFutures and the challenge is easily executable for Shady.  The challenge involves the whole board and is perfect for Shady’s survivor style challenge’s.  Everyone is missing sports as a whole and with the potential shut down of baseball not looking good for the start of football, we will all need this type of challenge to give us our fix.  So succumb to your curiosity and thirst for imaginary violence and vote for this challenge because we all want to see this happen.  Shady will love this challenge because the ratings will go from mediocre to through the roof and that will just be on day one of the tournament.  This challenge is the best of what the site is, survivor is, and will not disappoint in the slightest.  I mean, where else can we find out who will win a deathmatch tourney.  You never know, this could turn into something spectacular, we just need your vote to make that happen. 

TITTY

1. @JoshstraDaymus
  2. @daboyle250
  3. @The Orca
  4. @Pickle Rick
  5. @TedLavie
  6. @bcb1213
  7. @MookieMonstah
  8. @Matts4313

Electric Cockpaste

1. @FinneasGage
  2. @ET80
  3. @swoosh
  4. @Ragnarok
  5. @Outpost31
  6. @mission27
  7. @gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Says the team whose 500 word spiel wasn't even 500 words 

you realize that's a maximum, right? that alone would get you dq'd in the real world. 

edit: I'm referring to you guys being over 500.

Edited by swoosh

11 minutes ago, swoosh said:

you realize that's a maximum, right? that alone would get you dq'd in the real world. 

edit: I'm referring to you guys being over 500.

"tribes also have to give a spiel of 500 words or so (just as a guide) on why their challenge is cool and good and should win." 

#readbetter