The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

The Bucs are a really good team but we have seen Brady look poor. Week 1 and tonight against the Saints, the Bears game, the first half of the Chargers game, and the Giants game. He isn’t the QB you can automatically count on every game now. Not saying he can’t lead the team to a Superbowl run but it’s not automatic like it seemed to be in New England. The Pats were buttoned up, the players fell in line, great coaching, and the path was easier because either the Pats had the 1 seed or the 2 seed. The Bucs technically could end up with the 5th or 6th seed even with 12 or 11 wins. That means Brady will not only have no BYE but no HFA and even with the Pats when they didn’t have a BYE and then eventually had to go on the road Brady struggled and they would lose. So it’s going to be interesting to see what happens with the Bucs from here on out. They have a tough stretch of games so the Saints can pull away in the division but I think the Bucs definitely get into the playoffs. 

That was up there for the worst game I have seen Brady play in his career. I won’t overreact too much because bad games happen. Let’s not forget 2014 when the Pats got embarrassed on MNF 42-14 to KC and people though Brady was done.

Brady was atrocious but the entire team and coaching staff was as well. Arians and Leftwich are a real concern. It seems like they have all these talented players and have no idea what to do with them and how to adjust. The play calling on the goal line last night was one of the most head scratching drives I have seen. Sure, Gronk dropped a pass. You then run it to Jones straight up the middle..stuffed. Throw a fade to Evans again on 4th down? Where were the quick slants on 3 step drop backs all game? The OL was getting killed and you are having your 43 yr old QB doing 7-10 step drop backs to throw vertical routes? On AB, I won’t overreact as I liked the move in my other posts, but I am not too sure. If AB is coming in and taking plays away from guys like Miller and is being used to just run verticals all game then it will never work, chemistry aside.

• Like 1

Beat your division 6wins.

Beat the the  NFC for 3 wins

Split the AFC division winner 3wins

Play the 6 seed playoffs then play 1 real team on your home field rinse and repeat for 20 years.

Looking forward to seeing you play Russell on the road 1st game then 2 more hof gb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Play the 6 seed playoffs then play 1 real team on your home field rinse and repeat for 20 years.

Looking forward to seeing you play Russell on the road 1st game then 2 more hof gb

Only faced the 6th seed 4 times, but go off. 

10 hours ago, RUGmen said:

10 might have been an exaggeration, but there were tons of 5-7 step drops and zero 3 step quick slants. 

I mean 10 just seemed funny to me because you'd be throwing the football with your legs crossed over. Maybe that actually is what Daniel Jones does I'll have to keep an eye out.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:
59 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Drew Brees is 10X more talented than he is, but we already knew that before Sunday night.  

And yet Brady is the GOAT. Must have done something right

Hard work beats talent.

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Drew Brees is 10X more talented than he is, but we already knew that before Sunday night.  

Not to difficult to play like he did when you have a clean pocket, completely wide open receivers on every play, and a security blanket in Kamara to check down to if all else fails.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, mtmmike said:

Are you suggesting Brady and the Pats had easy paths in the AFC every year? Can’t be serious.  The juggernauts of the league resided in the AFC threw out the majority of that entire era.  Pats, Colts, Ravens and Steelers were essentially the 4 best teams in football for some time.