How Would You Punish the Titans?

AFlaccoSeagulls

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They should have done this from the get-go.  I get the desire to keep things as normal as possible, but they should have had two built-in bye weeks.

See, the thing about the NFL is most of it is incredibly poorly run.  Once it was started and blew up in popularity, it made money hand over fist, no matter what they did.  As a result, they're pretty bad at navigating any kind of crisis.

16 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

What they did affects all 31 other teams in the thick of things, so I don't see why they couldn't/shouldn't give them the death penalty for this. Fines and loss of a draft pick sounds too lenient considering the risks they put all other teams through.

What punishment does the NFL then receive for letting the Patriots still play the Chiefs despite knowing what the incubation period is and knowing Cam Newton was in contact with multiple Patriots players/staff?

That's the problem the NFL is going to run in to with their punishment. They're just as guilty as the Titans of "putting others in danger".

Hell, they're just as guilty alone from their protocol being "Hey lets put the Titans all on a plane together after a member of the staff tested positive".

• Like 1

You need to crush them at least as bad as every Patriots penalty combined.

• Spygate was based on a stupid in-season memo about where to stand with cameras
  • Deflategate was pretend.

This is a group of scumbags spreading plague in practice sessions for a competitive edge.

• 2021 and 2022 1st rounders - gone!
  • 2021 and 2022 2nd rounders - gone!
  • All players who practiced get 4 game suspensions (stagger them if you must)
  • Max fine
  • Vrabel suspended for 2020
  • Robinson suspended for 2020

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

• Spygate was based on a stupid in-season memo about where to stand with cameras

This is a group of scumbags spreading plague in practice sessions for a competitive edge.

• Max fine

A lot of dumb **** said in this thread but this takes the cake.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yeah, trying to gain a competitive advantage illegally (Patriot stuff) is always going to get punished more than misconduct (in this case Covid misconduct).

Trying to practice as players isn't gaining a competitive advantage, just sounds like a silly thought from a salty fan.

I take Covid very seriously, much more so than 99% of the people I encounter but I think people are going crazy with the Titan punishment ideas. I'm a Browns fan who is still a little salty about how they talked after curb stomping us last year but this unfortunate situation is overblown and it will be interesting to see how people's opinions change when it becomes their team.

• Like 1

Is it possible to make some good from this ?

Players & Coaches

$100K per player fine - cash goes to COVID Relief / Hospitals and if the Franchise wants to match it, that works too.
Titans Players take a trip to an ICU and see if they can learn something. Titans players take a trip to the morgue and see if they can learn something
$100k from Vrabel & each coach. Visit and help families who lost a loved one to COVID.

Franchise
Titans lose a 5th rounder -> Bills get the 5th Rounder
Titans agree to kick to the Bills to start 1st half AND 2nd half
Titans eat $ 15.5 M of cap space - giving all 31 teams a cap-check for $500k..for reckless & wanton behavior unbecoming a professional org.
Use their platform to promote safe behaviors locally

Titans Fans

They're cool, no need to hassle em

Zero fines.  Those are stupid and a slap on the wrist in most cases, borderline theft in the worst cases. 

Can't really do anything as far as the W/L thing that wouldn't be an extremely huge competitive advantage for the Bills/Steelers.  I was thinking giving the Bills and Steelers a tie and causing the Titans to forfeit two games would be fair, but the Steelers and Bills getting a tie without having to subject their players to a single play in a game is unfair to other teams. 

The only real solution is to not only make the Titans lose all 13 remaining games, but to give their first round draft pick to a random team starting with the letter P. 

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

But it was highly organized dumb **** though, so somehow that makes it smart 

They are just going to dock them a draft pick and levy a fine and be done with it. I know people are pissed but from the nfls standpoint they get Tuesday football now lol only problem for them is the fact there is no Thursday football this week. In the league's eyes, if the game happens then so far they are still on track to have all 32 play 16 games, which is all they care about 

Maybe they suspend vrabel for 1 game, but I doubt it 

The NFL is so poorly run lol the fact there was zero backup plan... 

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

• Max fine

I can’t even read your posts anymore they are so bad.