Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Any team would be blessed to have Ryan Ramzcyk. He could be the best OT in the league. For that exact reason...with literally no cap space, the Saints will find a way to re-sign him. He will be resigned well before Lattimore...or at least should be. 

Think they may not with drafting Cesar Ruiz I think it was? Can he play OT? I think coming out he was an IOL guy but heard amongst the draft guys that he can play just about anywhere on the line. 

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Where are you catching old games? It would be rad to go back and watch some games with the season winding down. 

I signed up for NFL Game Pass.  It's normally about $100 at the beginning of the year, but right now you can probably sign up for about $20.  It gives you access to all of this season's games including the playoffs and even gives you access to ALL NFL games for the last 10 years or so.  For twenty bucks, it's a screaming deal.  The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't watch the games live.  It will only let you watch them after the game is over.  It will give you access to a radio broadcast for every live game though.  Great deal overall, IMO.

EDIT:  I just checked and it looks like they bumped the price back up to $49.99 during the playoffs.  (Typical greedy NFL owners don't miss a dime).  After the Super Bowl, it will probably go down in price though if you want to watch games after the season is over.  Here is a link.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I signed up for NFL Game Pass.  It's normally about $100 at the beginning of the year, but right now you can probably sign up for about $20.  It gives you access to all of this season's games including the playoffs and even gives you access to ALL NFL games for the last 10 years or so.  For twenty bucks, it's a screaming deal.  The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't watch the games live.  It will only let you watch them after the game is over.  It will give you access to a radio broadcast for every live game though.  Great deal overall, IMO.

Worth it just to go back and watch the games from the past year. 

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Think they may not with drafting Cesar Ruiz I think it was? Can he play OT? I think coming out he was an IOL guy but heard amongst the draft guys that he can play just about anywhere on the line. 

He can barely play OG. He's been a disappointment this year. He has been improving as of late, but there is a reason it required an injury to Nick Easton to even be starting. I think that he may be too small for RG. I think this offseason, with a more functional offseason, they will try to move him to center, and stud Erik McCoy to RG. There is no way that Ruiz is a RT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Worth it just to go back and watch the games from the past year. 

Definitely.  A couple of other nice features are that you can watch the full 3-hour game film, or you can watch a condensed version where they just cut right to the snap on every play.  You can watch an entire game in about half an hour.  They also have the "Coaches View" that expands the screen to more of the field so you can see what all the players are doing as the play unfolds.

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Burning questions that keep re-occurring in this thread:

"Wait, I thought Urban quit coaching for health reasons."

"Wait, I thought Trev Lawrence was a slam dunk for the 1st pick."

"Wait, I thought Uncle Buck was a Vikings fan."

200.gif

The Jaguars quickly went from a down and out franchise to suddenly having an embarrassment of riches:

Coach - Urban Meyer
Quarterback - Trevor Lawrence
Fan - Uncle Buck

(OK, I admit that one of those does not belong on that illustrious list, but I figured I'd try to sneak in there.)  xD

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He'll be a failure in the NFL just like Nick Saban was.  

Not a fan of college football coaches trying their hand in the NFL.  

I mean this is a terrible take unless you provide reasons and "Coach X wasn't successful so he won't be" isn't valid. There's plenty of examples to suggest he will do well using your logic as well. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

I get Trevor Lawrence is the hot one to talk about with this hire, but I'm excited to see what he does with Laviska Shenault most. The WR/RB hybridy types with running ability have been entertaining on his teams like Percy Harvin in Florida and Curtis Samuel at OSU, obviously Shenault isn't -that- fast but he can still scoot and has open field moves that should make it entertaining to watch.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I get Trevor Lawrence is the hot one to talk about with this hire, but I'm excited to see what he does with Laviska Shenault most. The WR/RB hybridy types with running ability have been entertaining on his teams like Percy Harvin in Florida and Curtis Samuel at OSU, obviously Shenault isn't -that- fast but he can still scoot and has open field moves that should make it entertaining to watch.

Hey! James Robinson deserves respect as the feature back...

- Fantasy keeper league owner

• Like 1