Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

Lol I remember when I was told by Rams fans that Goff was like a "young Tom Brady".

That said, absolutely brutal trade if true, can't imagine giving away 2 first round picks, and a 3rd round pick for another average QB in Stafford who turns 33 in like a week.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 3

QB is most important position by a mile, Rams just upgraded at QB, and the Rams SB window is now. If you believe these 3 as I do, you’ll agree this is a fine trade. Definitely a bit more than I thought Stafford would get, but going from fringe franchise QB to borderline top 10 QB isn’t an insignificant upgrade and hard to put a price on proven QBs.

Good news for Texans that 32 year old Stafford gets 2 1sts... 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Stafford gives the Rams a real shot to outscore a SB contender and win a SB.

2 1sts in the 20s is Laremy Tunsil value.

It depends where that second pick is though - if it’s 25 & 28+ that’s different than 25 & 20.   

The bigger point though was adding Goff required LAR to pay more - not that Stafford is worth even more than 2 late 1sts & a 3rd, and Goff brought the price down.  Goff raised the price for LAR.  

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Did the Rams really just give John Dorsey two extra 1sts and a 3rd? NFC North about to be put on notice.

Yep. How bad did they want Goff gone? My goodness. Lions with a 3rd and two 1sts and a decent young QB who they can improve. 

Fleeced.