Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Jimmy g been trash. People are sleeping on Goff. Only Brady has more wins. Y’all topping.. This sets us back 10 years. Only way this garbage trade is justified is by winning a SB. Got damm Snead and his trash trades. 

Qb winzzz are not a qb stat. If they are that important to you, should have given up that deal for alex Smith. 

You're all in. Yeah, that bill is going to come due, but right now, you're a damn good team, and a better one with Stafford

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure what Detroit's cap looks like, but would be an incredible move to convert the 15m roster bonus next year to signing bonus and flip Goff to someone else for a good pick

They’d be happy to take on money and just take the cap savings IMO.  I do not foresee them getting much of any value for Goff.  They might just keep him to rehabilitate any value or hope for a Min - Bradford trade scenario if a decent team loses their starter in training camp.  

Edited by Broncofan

As much as a like Stafford and dislike Goff, this seems a bad trade for the Rams. The only explanation i can think of is that McVay wanted to got rid of Goff at all costs, and now. But they are either overpaying Stafford, or valuing Goff so so poorly at the freaking Brock Osweiler level as someone said above. But even then, in that infamous Osweiler trade, the Texans only gave a second round pick and six round pick for trading him. 

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Jimmy g been trash. People are sleeping on Goff. Only Brady has more wins. Y’all topping.. This sets us back 10 years. Only way this garbage trade is justified is by winning a SB. Got damm Snead and his trash trades. 

Relax 

• Like 1

People saying this is a bad deal, maybe it's you that overrate draft picks? Without a QB you're nothing in today's NFL and finding a franchise QB in the draft after the top12 picks is immensely hard nowadays. Same thing I'm saying throughout the Watson's thread where people are offering 2 1sts plus a young QB bust and thinking it'll get the deal done.

Think of it this way: Stafford is a high 1st round pick himself, so you gave up a 1st and a 3rd as compensation for Matt and for Detroit to take that horrible contract that'll be even worse in 2021 and Rams are in win now mode, they can't waste Donald's career.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

He's always had WR to throw to. I like Stafford, but you traded away a 26 year old version of the same player who was comfortable in the system for a 33 year old one. Then you lost 8M in cap you don't have. Then you added TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS. THEN YOU ADDED A 3RD.

I'm so sick to my stomach.

If you think stafford and goff are the "same player" (style wise, or caliber wise) you don't know what you're talking about.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Does a Qb who has been injured the last 2 yrs suddenly become an ironman at 33.  Stafford is going to get hit in LA.  I want it to work out, but the Rams oline is a concern.

He's missed like 8 games in a decade. He's on the injury report a lot, true, but only 2019 did he miss time the last decade

• Like 3