Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The report is based on a UK study. The data they listed didn’t take into account vaccination lowering the fatality rate. As it is, until they can properly separate the two, no one can conclusively say if it’s more fatal or not. Or if it’s even 0.1%. Once again see link and quote below:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/07/instagram-posts/data-showing-lower-death-rate-coronavirus-delta-va/

I understand that part of it has to do with vaccinations and treatments lowering the death rates but shouldn't the death rates with vaccinations and treatments by considered when deciding policy on controlling the spread? 

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I absolutely agree with this. I'm so far past caring about unvaccinated people at this point if they get sick. If you didn't care about anyone around you enough to get vaccinated for your own personal choices, the rest of us don't need to care about you when you reap what you sow.

I agree. they can start a separate community and become their own doctors if thats the way they want to behave.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I absolutely agree with this. I'm so far past caring about unvaccinated people at this point if they get sick. If you didn't care about anyone around you enough to get vaccinated for your own personal choices, the rest of us don't need to care about you when you reap what you sow.

I agree. Unfortunately, the ones unable to get vaccinated are going to suffer but there's only so much someone can do. I chose to get my shot, just like I chose to take precautions before it was available. I've also tried to educate those on the fence in an informative but non-combative manner. It's at the point where the people choosing not to get the shot need to be held 100% responsible for their decision. 

• Like 3

Free:

• The pharmaceutical giant Pfizer predicted Wednesday that coronavirus vaccine boosters would soon be needed, a declaration that came on the same day the company published data showing that its shots remained robustly protective six months after vaccination.
  • Israel is now moving toward making booster shots available for older adults, after Health Ministry experts agreed late Wednesday that a third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should be offered to the elderly. The experts cited local data showing an apparent decline in the vaccine’s efficacy over time, as well as a surge in new cases fueled by the delta variant.

Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here’s what you need to know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/28/colombia-variant-coronavirus-florida/

Didn’t want to derail the topic in NFL News any further, but I needed to say this:

This 99.998% is just absolutely hilarious. Reported cases of COVID in the US are just under $35M. A 99.998% survival rate would mean that less than 700 people in the US have died from COVID.

But as noted by these people, not only are the death totals fraudulent, but the positive cases are fraudulent too. So once you account for half of those being fake, we’re talking about 350 deaths total across the entire United States. 350. 

Somehow, the entire medical profession has fraudulently reported 611,500 deaths and none of these “friend of a friend who is a nurse and is sickened by the fraud they see every day” has thought to report a single one to the authorities for medical fraud.

How do people believe this crap?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

It also doesn’t help how many times CDC has flip flopped throughout this whole pandemic. 

It depends on the context of the changes. For example, when they made the case for mask removal indoors for the fully vaccinated back in May, Delta was only in 1% of the total population. The vaccine did its job at prevention and transmission against not only the original strain but also Alpha. Delta turned out to be even more of a problem even for the vaccinated.

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I understand that part of it has to do with vaccinations and treatments lowering the death rates but shouldn't the death rates with vaccinations and treatments by considered when deciding policy on controlling the spread? 

Considering that half of the entire US population is still not fully unvaccinated yet, it’s hard to separate the two. Unless we do what @Malfatronsuggested of course 😂. We’ll call it District 666.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Didn’t want to derail the topic in NFL News any further, but I needed to say this:

This 99.998% is just absolutely hilarious. Reported cases of COVID in the US are just under $35M. A 99.998% survival rate would mean that less than 700 people in the US have died from COVID.

But as noted by these people, not only are the death totals fraudulent, but the positive cases are fraudulent too. So once you account for half of those being fake, we’re talking about 350 deaths total across the entire United States. 350. 

Somehow, the entire medical profession has fraudulently reported 611,500 deaths and none of these “friend of a friend who is a nurse and is sickened by the fraud they see every day” has thought to report a single one to the authorities for medical fraud.

How do people believe this crap?

EVEN IF 99.998% of people did survive, do you think the 0.002% of people (or over 500,000 because that's where we're at) or their families/friends give a flying F about that? It's 500,000 people who have died! We've lost more people per day to COVID than we did on 9/11 alone for like a year straight or something like that.

So yeah, for me, even if the death rate was 0.002% (which it's not), it's still unacceptable because it's COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE BY DOING SOME VERY SIMPLE THINGS.

Also, my god was that post in NFL News just a trainwreck of garbage from that one single poster.

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

It also doesn’t help how many times CDC has flip flopped throughout this whole pandemic. 

I mean, they're having to backtrack/change their recommendations because people aren't following their recommendations and then we're hit with another wave and have to go backwards. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

It depends on the context of the changes. For example, when they made the case for mask removal indoors for the fully vaccinated back in May, Delta was only in 1% of the total population. The vaccine did its job at prevention and transmission against not only the original strain but also Alpha. Delta turned out to be even more of a problem even for the vaccinated.

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EVEN IF 99.998% of people did survive, do you think the 0.002% of people (or over 500,000 because that's where we're at) or their families/friends give a flying F about that? It's 500,000 people who have died! We've lost more people per day to COVID than we did on 9/11 alone for like a year straight or something like that.

So yeah, for me, even if the death rate was 0.002% (which it's not), it's still unacceptable because it's COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE BY DOING SOME VERY SIMPLE THINGS.

Also, my god was that post in NFL News just a trainwreck of garbage from that one single poster.

I mean, they're having to backtrack/change their recommendations because people aren't following their recommendations and then we're hit with another wave and have to go backwards. 

I mean at this point it’s just going to fall on deaf ears. I also won’t blame vaccinated people refusing to burden themselves anymore.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

I mean at this point it’s just going to fall on deaf ears. I also won’t blame vaccinated people refusing to burden themselves anymore.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. The people who are causing the outbreak of Delta variants and also aren't vaccinated aren't listening to the CDC anyways, and until certain politicians convince their voters to mask up and get vaccinated, it's just gonna keep getting worse as new variants are introduced into heavily unvaccinated communities and then spread when people leave those communities and travel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

They're trying to do their best with the info they have. Literature changes and the new pandemic of the unvaccinated will change their directives as well. 

• Like 1