Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Why are we talking about Fuller and JuJu? It’s obvious why they arent in GB.

Everyone saying GB could get those guys under the exact contract they signed for is fooling themselves.

For one Fuller signed in Miami where there is no state taxes and is sunny pretty much year around. And as for JuJu... it was obvious when he couldn’t get a big deal in the open market it was a choice between what situation set him up to be the most productive so he can increase his value next off-season. That would be Pitt.

There is more to these things then dollar amount. Unless you have so much money... you make all of those things not matter.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I can't believe I read all these pages talking about a #2 WR and what he would do in this offense.

In my eyes and armchair analysis, we have two #2 Wr's on the roster for next to nothing in Lazard and MVS.

And let's not forget that Rodgers convinced the coaches to insert Lazard into the lineup and he's simply been solid since then.

And I'm pretty excited about MVS for this year and the future.  He's exactly the kind of guy you extend this year for modest money.  His potential will exceed his next contract with us.  He played really good playoff football and seemed to turn the corner at the end of last year.  Pretty excited about his future.  And I never thought I'd type that concerning him.

It is not shocking to me that MLF wanted a RB1 over a WR2 in this offense.  Dude wants to run, more importantly, he NEEDS to run for this offense to work.  Jones is superior in this offense than any #2 WR that we could have obtained.

Totally agree Vegas.

Money ball just gotta get enough catches to keep the other team honest. What about TE with Bobbie making 11 TD's. I don't want to compare MLB to the NFL but I'm amazed to know the Oakland Athletics have been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 9 years and just had a what 13 game win streak. They have a team of nobody's and no cash. 

Why I mention this is again, # 2 and # 3 need to provide value and we have to pay for that value. If they can do enough to keep Adams open so he can be the main man and get his. Great win win all the way around. Wanting a # 1A will cost us more, and take targets away from others really. 

As outpost has been pounding the table for the last few years. Throw the bal to the RB's too and look at the impact there. We have a solid 2 and 3. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I kind of feel like a hell of a lot of cold water was dumped on this whole story today.  John Kuhn and James Jones basically said this can all be worked out and seemed to expect Aaron to wind up back in GB  before the start of the season.  

I'm not sure what's up with Schefter ... Figuring that he is covering for a source.  I think the negative public opinion out there has caused Rodgers and his folks to dial everything back.  James Jones was saying the wanting Gute fired stuff is BS.  I almost get the idea that this could all end very soon.  I guess we shall see. 

And AJ Hawk as well....

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Dang did I really just read someone say that Lazard isn’t any better than Allison? lol

This is why it's more important to look at "what can a player do" not to assign numbers to every part of their game then average them.  The things Lazard does best are things Allison could never really do.  Lazard is so useful to this offense specifically because he's a big dude and he brings it as a blocker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, he would have been a good addition.  Imagine having a guy who can go deep and can catch.   I do think Amari Rodgers is going to be a weapon in this offense.  slot guy who can get be a gnat around the linebackers.  Im looking forward to it.  Make no mistake though, Fuller would have been a huge upgrade in this offense.      

You talking about the Fuller who is injury prone and who was caught on the juice by the NFL?  Let's remember who was and maybe still is their strength coach, Brian Cushing.

Yah, it was the right thing to look into renting Fuller last year.  But he's super risky on the contract that he got.

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Totally agree Vegas.

Money ball just gotta get enough catches to keep the other team honest. What about TE with Bobbie making 11 TD's. I don't want to compare MLB to the NFL but I'm amazed to know the Oakland Athletics have been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 9 years and just had a what 13 game win streak. They have a team of nobody's and no cash. 

Why I mention this is again, # 2 and # 3 need to provide value and we have to pay for that value. If they can do enough to keep Adams open so he can be the main man and get his. Great win win all the way around. Wanting a # 1A will cost us more, and take targets away from others really. 

As outpost has been pounding the table for the last few years. Throw the ball to the RB's too and look at the impact there. We have a solid 2 and 3. 

Just to clarify, and this is directed towards not just you but everyone in this thread that has expressed similar opinions, have Gute's repeated attempts to acquire expensive 1A's been blatant team building mistakes? 

10 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Just to clarify, and this is directed towards not just you but everyone in this thread that has expressed similar opinions, have Gute's repeated attempts to acquire expensive 1A's been blatant team building mistakes? 

No but neither has "not being more aggressive to get the deal done."

• Like 2

Does Gute have incentive to move Rodgers ?? If he doesn't AR is gonna continue to demand he's fired, that's incentive,

On the other hand, does he want to be known as the GM who trades an MVP QB ??? 

Wouldn't wanna be that guy. 

16 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

He attempted to "rent" players for a couple of games.  That was and is the right thing to do.

It was also the right thing to not overpay on the free agent market for those guys.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Does Gute have incentive to move Rodgers ?? If he doesn't AR is gonna continue to demand he's fired, that's incentive,

On the other hand, does he want to be known as the GM who trades an MVP QB ??? 

Wouldn't wanna be that guy. 

Worked out of Ted... just saying

22 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Do you think we hear from 12 before the extension is done? Does he just wait it out and keep letting the Hawks, Jones and Kuhns sharing the narrative?

Rodgers won’t speak publicly until this matter is resolved privately.

He could make a lot of this go away... but he isn’t. He doesn’t want to go on record. That way he can walk any and all of this back as though it was the “evil media”.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Rodgers won’t speak publicly until this matter is resolved privately.

He could make a lot of this go away... but he isn’t. He doesn’t want to go on record. That way he can walk any and all of this back as though it was the “evil media”.

That's exactly what he's going to do when he returns to the Packers.

Now, how do we get him back and keep everyone happy?  Restructured deal that insures that Rodgers is the guy for 2021, and 2022.  Deal would pay Rodgers massively both years (on par with the highest paid QB's).  Void years are added to spread the large bonus out.  Packers leave an 'out' in place for 2023.  Rodgers gets two years of security, and in 2023 the Packers would still have the option to deal him away and get at least some assets in return.  Hopefully Love is ready to roll at that point and it makes the decision that much more appealing to the Packers brass.  As it is right now they aren't ready to go to Love and he's not ready to start.  Give Rodgers a little more input .. actually go all-in to win a title over these next two years.  I think this years draft attacked pressing needs.  Perhaps the Packers can make another strike or two in free agency in 2021?  Let win super bowls .. tired of losing in championship games.