Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Remove two young, good players from that roster.  Take away at least 2 first round picks, and a second round pick.  Maybe more.  Let's just say, Chubb and Jeudy.

Now compare that roster to the rest of the AFC, with Rodgers.  Remember that Rodgers takes time to "click" with a WR.  Also remember, Rodgers would be highly motivated.  (just to be fair)

Does that change anything concerning the Broncos?  I mean it isn't as simple as just putting Rodgers on the Broncos team, you gotta look at what is left after the trade happens.  Pretty different than Peyton going there as a free agent.

If Denver is trading for Aaron Rodgers, I don't think it's for 1 single championship push.  Like with Manning, it's more about a push in year 2, year 3 or even year 4.  As far as young talent goes, if they are giving up 2, those would be the 2 I'd give up if the goal was a 2021 championship.  They've got 2 guys that didn't play football last year that you could claim are pretty clear upgrades over Jeudy & Chubb in Courtland Sutton & Von Miller.  

If I'm Denver I'm not worrying about draft picks for the same reason San Fran and LAR had no issues gutting their future drafts for franchise QBs.  Draft picks have less than a 50% chance of hitting and if they do it's generally 2 or 3 years down the road.  Losing those picks potentially kills their future but doesn't have much impact on a championship run over the next 3-4 years IMO.  They'd also be projected as end of the round picks if things go right.  Aaron Rodgers contract, if he's wanting another record setting deal, is a far bigger blow to a championship run.  

While Denver doesn't have a guy the caliber of second year Von Miller, I think they've got more talent up and down their roster than the 2012 Broncos.  If the skill position players elevate their game in the same manner they did when Manning arrived that's going to be one of the best offenses in football assuming Rodgers play doesn't drastically slip.   

Rodgers hitting a towering drive on a par 4 that lands on the green, 5 putting from within 20 feet, then tearing into his caddy. 

Brady kicking his ball several times out of the rough like Judge Smails while the camera crew has conveniently turned off their equipment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Did anyone see the photo of Rodgers shirtless in Hawaii? Dude needs to eat a sandwich... this tb12 stuff is really hurting his muscle mass.

He’s lost a lot of weight. Kinda striking.

10 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:
12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Did anyone see the photo of Rodgers shirtless in Hawaii? Dude needs to eat a sandwich... this tb12 stuff is really hurting his muscle mass.

He’s lost a lot of weight. Kinda striking.

maybe he is preparing for retirement??

22 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Hard to be critical given how Tom Brady's method at living life has prolonged his career.  

He doesn't look like he's lost much if any muscle mass, just a bunch of fat.  I think he looks as healthy as he's looked in a long time.  He gave a lot of credit for last year's success to the drastic change in his diet.  

Edited by SSG

1 hour ago, gopackgo972 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsmockery.com/trending/aaron-rodgers-possibly-gay-isnt-a-joke/%3famp

As good a time as ever to bring this back up. The evidence is overwhelming. All the girls he’s been with over the years have just been a series of beards to hide his love for Kevin. 

He could be into both guys and girls. He's flat out said he's into women, so we can strongly surmise he's not "gay". He's never said he's not into guys. So let your imagination run wild.

None of this should move the needle one way or another, however. Except for noting that he may have intentionally damaged relationships for his public image (which is unfortunate and a potential data point for the type of person he is).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Hard to be critical given how Tom Brady's method at living life has prolonged his career.  

He doesn't look like he's lost much if any muscle mass, just a bunch of fat.  I think he looks as healthy as he's looked in a long time.  He gave a lot of credit for last year's success to the drastic change in his diet.  

Just because it works for Brady doesn’t mean it works for everyone. Everybody is different.

Brady isn’t Rodgers. Rodgers needs more weight to take the punishment... he uses his legs more and holds the ball more. Unless he changes that he need some “bulk” to deal with the punishment.

And just because he did those things last year doesn’t mean it’s a trend. If this year he doesnt go back to bad habits then we can start talking about the evolution of Rodgers. But I would have to say it’s kind of eye raising at least to see if this has any affect good or bad.

Gronk switched to TB12 and had a miserable time staying healthy...

Edited by Green19

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He could be into both guys and girls. He's flat out said he's into women, so we can strongly surmise he's not "gay". He's never said he's not into guys. So let your imagination run wild.

None of this should move the needle one way or another, however. Except for noting that he may have intentionally damaged relationships for his public image (which is unfortunate and a potential data point for the type of person he is).

Don't know about Rodgers, but his fiance' is a reported switch hitter so there's that.  

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Just because it works for Brady doesn’t mean it works for everyone. Everybody is different.

Brady isn’t Rodgers. Rodgers needs more weight to take the punishment... he uses his legs more and holds the ball more. Unless he changes that he need some “bulk” to deal with the punishment.

And just because he did those things last year doesn’t mean it’s a trend. If this year he doesnt go back to bad habits then we can start talking about the evolution of Rodgers. But I would have to say it’s kind of eye raising at least to see if this has any affect good or bad.

Gronk switched to TB12 and had a miserable time staying healthy...

Oh I agree about it not working for everyone but Rodgers was pretty vocal last year about his diet playing a huge roll in his health and performance that season. He's also looking to prolong his career something that no QB in NFL history has done better than TB12.

I highly doubt he's taking this approach simply because he feels like it.  Rodgers has been talking about Brady's model since 2017 so this isn't anything new.  I'm sure he has a nutritionist, a personal trainer and QB coach in his ear 100% of the way.  Looks to me like he's doing the extra things to make himself healthier that he might not have been doing in previous years.

I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison with Gronk.  That's a position that spends a lot of it's time in the trenches where size. strength and explosion matter.  If Aaron Rodgers has smashing his body into LBs and  Defensive lineman on 50%+ of the plays I'd have a different opinion about his weight.  In my eyes the guy looks like he's in the best shape of his life which is pretty impressive for a 38 year old.

If he starts dealing with injuries as the result of this then we can be critical.  There is no way I can watch last year and come away saying that Aaron Rodgers would have been better had he been carrying around 10 or 15 extra lbs of fat or bulk.