Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

With the reports of the 2022 salary cap ceiling being $208.2M and GB having currently $236.7M in salary committed for 2022, trading Rodgers after June 1st goes along way to relieving that cap squeeze.

• Post June 1st trade of Rodgers 
    • saves $16M on the 2021 cap--- which most of it gets rolled over, less any players coming back in a trade
    • 2022 has $17.2M in dead cap, which is $22.5M less than his $39.8M cap charge
    • SO a post June 1st trade of Rodgers clears a net of between $32-38.5M from 2022 when you factor in the rollover savings from 2021
  • Trade after the 2021 season
    • Saves $22.6M on the 2022 cap
  • Cutting Preston Smith after the 2021 season, saves $12.5M from 2022 cap

So as scary as the figures might look, 2 "reasonable" moves creates between $44-50M in savings

Adding more money and/or guarantees to Rodgers contract gets really tough on the 2022 cap situation

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsmockery.com/trending/aaron-rodgers-possibly-gay-isnt-a-joke/%3famp

As good a time as ever to bring this back up. The evidence is overwhelming. All the girls he’s been with over the years have just been a series of beards to hide his love for Kevin. 

Is Rodgers the G.O.A.T....

Gayest of all time?

Tune in to Access Hollywood to find out!

• Like 2

The Packers really need to bring this to a conclusion in June, not let it drag out into July as training camp nears.

He's not going to retire, if you can't enhance the deal and get him to sign on team terms, trade him IF you can indeed get value.  In June, not down the road.  

A was pool was started at work, $5 to get in.  Pick the day it is announced that Rodg is either re-signed to a new deal, he agrees to play under current deal, or he is traded.  Or retirement announcement is made.  Closest to wins.

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The Packers really need to bring this to a conclusion in June, not let it drag out into July as training camp nears.

He's not going to retire, if you can't enhance the deal and get him to sign on team terms, trade him IF you can indeed get value.  In June, not down the road.  

A was pool was started at work, $5 to get in.  Pick the day it is announced that Rodg is either re-signed to a new deal, he agrees to play under current deal, or he is traded.  Or retirement announcement is made.  Closest to wins.

That would be ideal, however, remember that Rodgers has no incentive to end the "stand-off" anytime soon. The only money he stands to lose between now and TC is if he fails to show at the June mini-camp (which frankly, he probably doesn't care about losing), and otherwise, Rodgers probably wants to "be out" the remainder of the off-season program. This is the same guy who fought hard during the CBA discussions to basically abolish any in-person off-season program or activity before late July/early August. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That would be ideal, however, remember that Rodgers has no incentive to end the "stand-off" anytime soon. The only money he stands to lose between now and TC is if he fails to show at the June mini-camp (which frankly, he probably doesn't care about losing), and otherwise, Rodgers probably wants to "be out" the remainder of the off-season program. This is the same guy who fought hard during the CBA discussions to basically abolish any in-person off-season program or activity before late July/early August. 

Very true.  The Packers as June drags on (if they don't already) should have a real good indication of what is going to transpire.  They should know or not if time will bring Rodg around to compliance with a somewhat enhanced deal.  OR not.  If not he may need to be moved if compensation is deep.  I hope they haven't continued to hang up on suitors.  I would think they would at least listen so they by know what compensation would likely be.  If deep enough, move him if the belief is he will not play for the Packers.

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Very true.  The Packers as June drags on (if they don't already) should have a real good indication of what is going to transpire.  They should know or not if time will bring Rodg around to compliance with a somewhat enhanced deal.  OR not.  If not he may need to be moved if compensation is deep.  I hope they haven't continued to hang up on suitors.  I would think they would at least listen so they by know what compensation would likely be.  If deep enough, move him if the belief is he will not play for the Packers.

Everyone is saying June 1, but I truly believe if he's not there by June 8th, they cut bait. Come time for Mandatory Training camp, I think it's put up or shut up time. 

46 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Everyone is saying June 1, but I truly believe if he's not there by June 8th, they cut bait. Come time for Mandatory Training camp, I think it's put up or shut up time. 

Nope. That date will be nothing more than another public pressure point for AR. The sports world will get another chance to run thru the entire thing.

AR might sit out for a bit - but he's not gonna miss this season. The roster's as full as this COVID cap (and his contract) will allow and his "problems" (re: Kumerow, AVP, Jordy/Cobb.....) dont hold water. So let him enjoy his Instagram negotiating ploys. The Packers have a season to get ready for. 

Edited by Leader

What’s not talked about in this is... for all the people talk and how much he loves his coaches and team mates.

Being upset the the front office isn’t doing enough and bringing in new guys and I want out... is Rodgers saying “hey you guys can’t get me to a super bowl”, “I’m good enough, but the rest of you 52... aren’t”

33 minutes ago, Green19 said:

What’s not talked about in this is... for all the people talk and how much he loves his coaches and team mates.

Being upset the the front office isn’t doing enough and bringing in new guys and I want out... is Rodgers saying “hey you guys can’t get me to a super bowl”, “I’m good enough, but the rest of you 52... aren’t”

I honestly do not believe he is really saying that.  He wants what Brady, Manning and maybe some other top NFL quarterbacks have...namely input on the offensive ranging from the system, the plays, and the players that are in it.  Hopefully he was not asking for decision making control....just input.  If he was asking for more, I would draw the line there.

4 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I honestly do not believe he is really saying that.  He wants what Brady, Manning and maybe some other top NFL quarterbacks have...namely input on the offensive ranging from the system, the plays, and the players that are in it.  Hopefully he was not asking for decision making control....just input.  If he was asking for more, I would draw the line there.

Here’s the thing.  We saw him essentially call the plays last few years with MM, and the offense got progressively worse and was extremely predictable.  He vouched for a fringe WR with no upside, and clearly was on the wrong side of the Jordy/Cobb/Jones decisions.  Aaron having more control likely makes this team worse.

Edited by Cpdaly23