Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

On 9/4/2021 at 12:32 PM, Tk3 said:

Yeah.. I frequent places like Bills reddit and the hubris amongst our fanbase is starting to get problematic. A lot of our fans seem to be trying to pivot from being the rootable "new kids on the block" to an offputting, narcisstic fanbase (not accusing YOU personally of any of this, but its a trend I've seen this offseason that I don't feel good about)

But back to the topic at hand - we're at the table. But we have to get it done before we start claiming things like this. And if you DO try to claim it, you have to support it and not just say "I feel like this"

We play the Chiefs in Arrowhead week 5. If we are 4-0 or 3-1 and then knock off the Chiefs, then we can start the conversation

Until then, we're simply a "contender" but not "the favorites"

I think this applies to 10-20% of any fanbase really.  Any time their team starts to get good all of a sudden things are "obvious" and they pull out their favorite cherry picked stat as to why they are "clearly" the best.  The big problem is that this minority is also the loudest and get so obnoxious that other teams start rooting against said team because of the a-hole fans.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I would say this is unlikely. Buffalo two seasons in a row has won 3+ games more than the year prior. That is very rare and almost always lends to regression.

I was thinking something similar, the Bills have enjoyed the More Wins Than Before thing. Now they can enjoy the Less Wins Than Before thing.

Still the team to beat in the AFC East tho, they slaughtered everyone last year. Allen was almost in-the-grasp sacked like 30 times but somehow he gets away to keep the play alive, it's maddening. 

Patriots are starting a rookie QB, just cut an old geezer QB, and *still* they have a bottom-5 roster in terms of average age. This will not end well. 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:00 PM, ChazStandard said:

With the Pats returning their COVID opt outs and reloading the pass catchers, I wouldn’t even confidently predict the Bills winning their division.*

*spoken as a biased Pats fan.

The division looks to be tougher as a whole - NE should be better, the Jets look like they might have a pulse, Miami should be better. That means you go from 4 lollipops (NE, NY) and two games that might be competitive but vs a team Buf is better than (Mia) to 6 "better than that team but they'll make us work for it" games.