Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'd love to start this sim this year, just not sure I could have it ready togo before the draft starts and not really sure how much attention it would get after the actual NFL draft has already played out.

If and when this happens, I'm thinking we do a version of this mock for the offseason, and then structure the inseason games, to where you can spend as much or as little time as you want with setting your depth chart and sliders for game plans for the week or season, again as much or as little time as you want to spend.  I think this should be a must have.  Sometimes we just don't have the time in the day or even week to be forced to focus on a weekly schedule for the length of the season and then hit it hard in the offseason.  Nope, just too much for me.  

The "sim" isn't really a sim it's just a bunch of formulas that uses stats to project the score of the game.  It's fairly accurate at projecting the outcome of the game when the stats for that week have already played out.  So I think it would be a decent tool at fairly projecting the outcome of the game without any bias opinions deciding the outcome and pissing people off.     

I don't know about you guys but I've always wanted to do a continuous mock, keeper league, whatever we call it these days.  To the point I'd rather stop doing these mocks and start one of those up.  Just bored I guess and wanna do something different, actually always feel like something has been missing from the end of this mock for years.  I think it's the results of the time and energy we put into the offseason, we want to see the results at least thats my line of thinking.

I'd love to have a 32 team league, but with us branching off from the standard GM mock draft we would be able to even expand that numbrer should it ever get that big.

We could start it out as a fantasy league or taking the current roster of the team, I'm good either way on that.  Or even doing a split where we pick 5 or more players from a team we pick and then have a fantasy draft.  I don't know, just thinking out loud after taking my medicine...haha.

As you can tell, I'm still working out the detaiis and could use all the help I can get to set something like this up.  Actually, I'm going to need help for this to happen..  Will need help setting up the guidelines, rules basically the entire structure with the idea of making it as easy as possible to maintain.  

So that said, anyone interested in joining, please let me know.  If you'd like to be more involved, let me know that too.

This will be it's first run so expect some growing pains but I'd love to work out kinks during the build phase of this mock.  Work out all the loopholes and future errors before they even come up.

Ok well I've taken my daily dose of medicine about an hour ago, so hopefully this makes sense.  Because I feel like I just solved all the worlds problems in those first few paragraphs...haha.

Craving Chocolate Chip GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

What was I talking about?

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - 
@eaglesfan0075 
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - 
@Underdog
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

I’m 1000% in on this Mike. And I’m willing to help set it up and answer questions, talk things through.

Couple notes.

1) Willing to help, but… Not sure how obvious it has become, but I am not a whiz with excel or sheets. So I will need help figuring that out, to help you.

2) Just trying to save you from a little frustration, but in my opinion, if we get even 16 to 20 quality people to start this up with, I think we should consider that a win. Just saying. If we find 26 to 32, great. But in my experience, it just rarely plays out that way.

Edited by RTTRUTH

2 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

I’m 1000% in on this Mike. And I’m willing to help set it up and answer questions, talk things through.

Couple notes.

1) Willing to help, but… Not sure how obvious it has become, but I am not a whiz with excel or sheets. So I will need help figuring that out, to help you.

2) Just trying to save you from a little frustration, but in my opinion, if we get even 16 to 20 quality people to start this up with, I think we should consider that a win. Just saying. If we find 26 to 32, great. But in my experience, it just rarely plays out that way.

Awesome.  

1.  No worries if you don't know excel.  That's just a piece of it.  Working through how it'll operate, working out the kinks is where all the work is at.  So don't worry about the excel stuff, that scares too many people away from helping me.

2.  Agree.  Was just saying that it could be structured for growth, that we shouldn't limit it to just 16 teams.  I think we'll eventually get more members as time passes.  That and if we can limit the amount of time and energy required to participate it will bring more in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Awesome.  

1.  No worries if you don't know excel.  That's just a piece of it.  Working through how it'll operate, working out the kinks is where all the work is at.  So don't worry about the excel stuff, that scares too many people away from helping me.

2.  Agree.  Was just saying that it could be structured for growth, that we shouldn't limit it to just 16 teams.  I think we'll eventually get more members as time passes.  That and if we can limit the amount of time and energy required to participate it will bring more in.

I'll be in on this...

Just now, downundermike said:

Let me be the old guy for a minute, what is discord ??  I hear about it, but have never explored that mystery.

lol....join the club.  I'm still figuring it out myself.  Just a place to chat in real time.