Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, R T said:

The draft contest thread is locked, but I did a quick tally of the results. 

@Brat&Beer 64

@Packerraymond  @buckyMBA both 44

R T 42 but tied with @MaximusGluteus with the most players selected with 7 😜

@squire12 40

@MaximusGluteus 39

@Lieker 35

@CrazyJoeDavola @{Family Ghost} 32

@triplejcubed3 29

@beekay414 27

@n8ghee @TheEagle 26

@gbpakman 23

@Sandy @tttmikeb @packfanfb 22

@PackerLegend 20

@Bang! 19

@Skippy @Scoremore 15

@JanPackz 12

@SpeightTheVillain 7

@festiveonion 0

@CWood21 Incomplete

It was a very competitive contest that went down to the last pick of the draft for the Packers with a number of people with a chance to win it. Everyone please double check your scores if it is in question. @Norm

Congratulations Brat&Beer!!! 

I scored points! I'm just happy I had one pick right and a couple guys actually drafted. I usually totally whiff. 

Wes Hodkiewicz -  Gutekunst on TE Tyler Davis, who was signed midseason last year: "I think we might have something there."

///

Not sure why I think this......but I think he's gonna be a factor in the passing game this year.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wes Hodkiewicz -  Gutekunst on TE Tyler Davis, who was signed midseason last year: "I think we might have something there."

///

Not sure why I think this......but I think he's gonna be a factor in the passing game this year.

llHrwzU.png

1 hour ago, Leader said:

///

Agreed. He flashed a little bit--like Tonyan did the year before his breakout.

10 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Agreed. He flashed a little bit--like Tonyan did the year before his breakout.

Right. He seemed "comfortable" in the passing game. Andrews or Kelce he's not - but we're a "scheme reliant" offense right? At least thats what everybody tells me.....and he seemed to be able to be open about as much as anybody. Now - Tonyan's coming back - when exactly, I'm not sure - so how much we'll actually need him in 2022 - no clue - but 2023 is murky indeed. I'm just hoping for the best with the guy.

Brennen Rupp -  How I think it shakes out:

1. Allen Lazard
2. Christian Watson
3. Randall Cobb
4. Romeo Doubs
5. Samori Toure
6. Amari Rodgers

I personally don't think Sammy Watkins will make the roster. Maybe they keep seven.

///

I'll be really surprised if we went with three rookie WRs and Watkins is left out of the mix. He may be cheap and easy to cut but he's also got valuable experience and knows the MLF system. I dont know...lets see how he looks in preseason. Maybe he's lost a step or two......

I also think this guy may be over estimating the immediate impact of Mr. Toure - who has a PS feel at this point.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

1. Allen Lazard
2. Christian Watson
3. Randall Cobb
4. Romeo Doubs
5. Samori Toure
6. Amari Rodgers

I personally don't think Sammy Watkins will make the roster. Maybe they keep seven.

///

I'll be really surprised if we went with three rookie WRs and Watkins is left out of the mix. He may be cheap and easy to cut but he's also got valuable experience and knows the MLF system. I dont know...lets see how he looks in preseason. Maybe he's lost a step or two......

I also think this guy may be over estimating the immediate impact of Mr. Toure - who has a PS feel at this point.

Toure making the team is pretty suspect.  Watkins will be around this year unless he gets injured or looks like crap in preseason.  I also think the Packers will add another veteran wideout. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

1. Allen Lazard
2. Christian Watson
3. Randall Cobb
4. Romeo Doubs
5. Samori Toure
6. Amari Rodgers

///

It is more likely that Watkins is their leading receiver then it is he don't make the roster. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Toure making the team is pretty suspect.  Watkins will be around this year unless he gets injured or looks like crap in preseason.  I also think the Packers will add another veteran wideout. 

They should add another vet. Just because "they don't have a spot" doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying to improve that room. Counting on two rookies who are coming from small school ball to the NFL seems extremely stupid. 

20 minutes ago, R T said:

It is more likely that Watkins is their leading receiver then it is he don't make the roster. 

I dont know....gotta see what the new & improved Mr. Lazard brings to the table. In theory its gonna be nothing but good things now that the targets & receptions vacuum is no longer with us. Time will tell...and I'm hoping for the best.

The real kick in the pants is if A.Jones makes a run at leading receiver! Yikes. 

• Like 1