Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

So money shouldn't be an issue. There's gonna be an F ton of new cap space next year right? Doesn't the new TV contract kick in soon? It's double the old one.  Like 10 billion or something incomprehensible like that. That's gotta add like 100 million+ instantly plus fans being back. The caps gonna have to be like 300 million in 2023 right?

2022 cap is supposed to be ceilinged at $208M

Just now, squire12 said:
2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

So money shouldn't be an issue. There's gonna be an F ton of new cap space next year right? Doesn't the new TV contract kick in soon? It's double the old one.  Like 10 billion or something incomprehensible like that. That's gotta add like 100 million+ instantly plus fans being back. The caps gonna have to be like 300 million in 2023 right?

2022 cap is supposed to be ceilinged at $208M

@wgbeethree  see the thread below

2 reasons why the Packers will win this year's Super Bowl (msn.com)

You've got to love this article by William E. Ricks. Guy is a total clown!

His two reasons, Aaron Rodgers and Matt LaFleur. Both reasonable thoughts and his reasoning behind them. He also mentioned how talented the team is around Rodgers, talented enough to win The Super Bowl this year he opines. 

Yet, he somehow concludes how the Packers front office is inept! I bet the Lions, Bears and Vikings would like to have a front office so inept that they assemble the talent to win a Super Bowl! 

Journalism is seriously dead! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

it's following the death of critical thinking skills which also corresponds to the rise of conspiracy "theories". Although lately, the theory part is optional; there needn't be even a shred of related clues for people to believe what they hear/read.

The only way out is an immediate, explicit and focused effort on significantly improving critical thinking education from age zero onward

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's following the death of critical thinking skills which also corresponds to the rise of conspiracy "theories". Although lately, the theory part is optional; there needn't be even a shred of related clues for people to believe what they hear/read.

The only way out is an immediate, explicit and focused effort on significantly improving critical thinking education from age zero onward

Damn man, this is spot on.  Executive function of the frontal cortex and critical thinking skills are MIA in this country, and will eventually lead to the fall of the American empire.

Look no further than the halls of Congress where Rep. Gohmert literally suggested we alter the earth’s and moon’s orbit, ffs.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Damn man, this is spot on.  Executive function of the frontal cortex and critical thinking skills are MIA in this country, and will eventually lead to the fall of the American empire.

Look no further than the halls of Congress where Rep. Gohmert literally suggested we alter the earth’s and moon’s orbit, ffs.

Are you suggesting that, that is a bad idea?

The three stages of civilisation.

1) The barbarian phase. This is where vigorous barbarian outsiders sweep through a decadent and corrupt society and overrun it.

2) Settled society, Barbarians settle down. a time of growth. Society is vigorous. Great projects are achieved, science makes big advances. Life is good

3) Advanced societies turn inward, become weak, slide into corruption and decay, self-adornment and self-interest rule, until they are rotten to the core.

4) (see 1)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Are you suggesting that, that is a bad idea?

Gee, I don’t know Dave, I’ll just get on the horn with Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets and see if he has any super powerful tractor-beams to, you know, move heaven and earth.  If that fails, maybe he has some jooish space lasers that could do the trick?  I’ll keep you posted.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yet, he somehow concludes how the Packers front office is inept! I bet the Lions, Bears and Vikings would like to have a front office so inept that they assemble the talent to win a Super Bowl! 

I am reminded of the narrative that TT was a terrible GM, McCarthy was a horrible coach, and Rodgers was totally overrated. 

I kept saying at least one or two of those things have to be incorrect, given the stream of 10 win seasons and perennial contender status. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Gee, I don’t know Dave, I’ll just get on the horn with Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets and see if he has any super powerful tractor-beams to, you know, move heaven and earth.  If that fails, maybe he has some jooish space lasers that could do the trick?  I’ll keep you posted.

I didn't ask if it was plausible, but changing the orbit would be potentially beneficial.  Those J00s probably have an idea how to do it.  It might be written inside those little hats.

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Had to go read it myself because I didn't think anyone was that stupid and uninformed. Here it is:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/lunar-new-deal-gop-rep-gohmert-suggests-altering-moon-s-n1270219

The best/worst part is that he thought the Forestry Service could do it!

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, you are right--we need to support competition in our education system and return decision-making to the parents. More charter schools, more support for private school alternatives, school voucher system. Give the tax-dollars not to the public (tax-payer funded) teacher's unions but to the parents to selectively spend on their child's education as they see best. Basically everything our public teacher's unions are opposed to. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Yes, you are right--we need to support competition in our education system and return decision-making to the parents. More charter schools, more support for private school alternatives, school voucher system. Give the tax-dollars not to the public (tax-payer funded) teacher's unions but to the parents to selectively spend on their child's education as they see best. Basically everything our public teacher's unions are opposed to. :)

No. We need to publicly support a system that guarantees all children are at a basic, minimum level playing field to start. Then, when THEY become parents (after a lifetime of equal opportunity) we can begin to implement more of what you suggest. Until the former exists, however, what you propose will simply make the earning gaps and wealth distribution worse and continue to produce disadvantage children who turn into compromisable adults.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Lol that was so amazing. JFC. 

• Like 2