Week 5: Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams

showtime

St.-Louis-Rams-vs.-Seattle-Seahawks.jpg

Seattle Seahawks vs Los Angeles Rams Sunday, October 5th at 4:05pm est.

The game a lot of us have been waiting for!  The Rams usually give the Seahawks a tough time and throughout most seasons it was not that big of a deal because the Rams were not serious contenders; however, this year is different.  The Rams have come out the gates very strong and are coming off an impressive win at Dallas.  This is one of the biggest Rams vs Seahawks games in years!  A lot is on the line this Sunday!

Some things to watch out for:

• Rams defensive line vs Seahawks offensive line:  I'm sure this matchup worries everyone.  Seattle's offensive line is the weakest unit on the team and the Rams have a very strong defensive line.  Obviously we all know about Aaron Donald and how great he is, but Michael Brockers has been sensational this season.  Robert Quinn usually dominates the Seahawks, but he has been pretty non-existent so far this season.  Will be interesting to see if Quinn can get the ball rolling vs his favorite foe.

• Rams passing attack vs The LOB:  The Rams passing attack has maybe been the surprise of the entire league so far this season.  Jared Goff is playing with a lot of confidence and the Rams have legit weapons all over the field.  I can't recall the last time I have seen a team's passing attack go from one of the worst to one of the best after just one offseason.  The Rams feature an offense that has two athletic tight ends and serious speed/athleticism at the wide receiver position. They are also using Todd Gurley in the passing game, which is just another weapon to account for.  With all that said, there are some advantages the Seahawks have.  Goff has yet to face a safety with the range, instincts and high football IQ of Earl Thomas.  Richard Sherman should do a good job taking one of their receivers out of the game.  One thing that worries me is the Rams spread the ball around so well, that Seattle really needs Jeremy Lane, Shaquill Griffin, and Justin Coleman to step up.  The secondary as a whole is going to need to create turnovers or huge slash plays like they did vs the Colts.

There are so many other things and match-ups to touch up on, so lets start discussing and get pumped for a massive game!

@evilpimp972 @Zman724 @imani @Meeker @riceman80 @SoS @animaltested @Tatupu_64 @brazilianguy @Ospy @RandomCampBody @NFL_Announcer @Seachickens @Seahawks22 @seahawks12thman @Seahawks123 @Seahawks101

5 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Thanks for invite @showtime. Looking forward to this game. Will be a test for both teams in the fight for the NFC West. Let's hope for an injury free game for both teams.

I have not been this hype for a Seahawks vs Rams game in a long time.  How do you see the Rams offensive line holding up vs the Seahawks defensive front?

I'm very excited for this game. I see our revamped offense really giving this Seahawks defense a run for their money. No more of those 9-3 grinded out victories. As a Rams fan, hope the home field advantage that has aided us in the past continues into this one :)

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I have not been this hype for a Seahawks vs Rams game in a long time.  How do you see the Rams offensive line holding up vs the Seahawks defensive front?

I think they'll hold up well. Kromer has done a good job with these guys. Whitworth is playing like one of the best in the league. This will be their biggest test so far.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

@showtime The bigger thing to watch may be the Rams dline against that Seahawks oline. May determine the victor.

32 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I think they'll hold up well. Kromer has done a good job with these guys. Whitworth is playing like one of the best in the league. This will be their biggest test so far.

Yes, Whitworth has been outstanding.  Probably the most under appreciated free agency signing.  Not counting yesterday's game vs the Colts, the Seahawks defensive line has not been as great as many expected.  They really need to pressure Jared Goff because when he is given time he can absolutely shred defenses.

Ayoooooo, thanks for the invite!

I think this has all the makings of a trap game. We SHOULD win just based on our strengths in the trenches vs your weaknesses in the trenches. But it's a division game. And you can never look past those. Nobody gets up for a game like a division rival. I mean we sucked out loud last year and still stole one from you guys. SF was absolutely horrendous and still swept the series against us. So anything can happen.

Prediction:
Rams-22

Seattle-13

This thread is too nice for a rivalry.

Seahawks @Rams has been the Rams Super Bowl every year. They play the game like it is the most important game of year, pull out all the stops, catch every break, win, and then, as consistently as the tide, roll back into irrelevancy and mediocrity.

BTW, watching the Hawks dOtted-line try and block the Rams d-line should high comedy. Ill be laughing to prevent myself from crying. The game program might as well list Aaron Donald as a Seahawks runningback; he'll be in the backfield just as much as the other guys.

Archived