OBJ suffers season-ending knee injury

candyman93

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, this is obviously another salary dump by the Texans.  We'd also have to have a 2nd round pick from you, while sending a 4th rounder back to you.  😜

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Sorry - under new management, can't really commit to that. 

I just want picks, man. 

• Like 1

I bet the Browns front office were all set to trade OBJ for pieces to help with their playoff push. So while I definitely think this makes Baker more apt to play more “loose” and thus better, I think it also hurts the Browns of what they might’ve looked like on the other side of an OBJ trade.. obviously pending this actually being a serious knee injury.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like he's kind of done as a #1 type receiver at this point. I feel like he's a good complimentary #2 from here on out. 

LOL.  And what is your basis for this?  Lack of numbers?

OBJ is still the best or second best WR in the NFL.  This was his Randy Moss at Oakland phase.  Once he gets back to getting decent QB play he will be back to putting up elite numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Who hasn’t had a significant knee injury this year 

Detroit Lions long snapper Don Muhlbach....who it should be mentioned has been playing football since 2004, and has made over 13 million dollars during this time. 

Parents, its okay to raise your kids to be long snappers. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, VanS said:

OBJ is still the best or second best WR in the NFL.  This was his Randy Moss at Oakland phase.  Once he gets back to getting decent QB play he will be back to putting up elite numbers. 

Obj is holding Baker back not the other way around.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, VanS said:

LOL OBJ absolutely is not the best or second best receiver in the league. Probably not even top five.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VanS said:

OBJ is still the best or second best WR in the NFL. 

Um... did Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins or Michael Thomas die? Did Davante Adams, Keenan Allen or Mike Evans get arrested?

Injury history along with lack of production has Odell pretty low on the totem pole nowadays. He's probably on the outside of the top 10. 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Obj is holding Baker back not the other way around.

I say this as a Baker redraft owner having lost Dak - he's been downright awful, and way more of a problem.   I hope he's figured it out, since the rest of the schedule save for the PIT/BAL games are great matchups.    Great comeback 2H yesterday, but overall he's really been tough to watch, and that hasn't been on OBJ - Baker's been late in his reads, and off-the-mark so many times before yesterday.    The lack of a big play threat is a major problem if OBJ is out.

The matchups are tasty enough to overcome, but against good pass D's, the Browns are going to miss having OBJ around (sadly very few non-contact injuries go well, but gotta wait on the MRI today).

Edited by Broncofan

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Um... did Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins or Michael Thomas die? Did Davante Adams, Keenan Allen or Mike Evans get arrested?

Injury history along with lack of production has Odell pretty low on the totem pole nowadays. He's probably on the outside of the top 10. 

OBJ >> Keenan Allen and Mike Evans