New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

1 hour ago, Danger said:

How would you guys feel about hiring Dan Campbell on a scale of 0-16 to Megatron?

As a Lions fan the #1 thing I'm looking for is for the Lions to do something different than what they've done for 60 years.

It just so happens that the thing they've never done is to hire people with undeniable acumen for managing or head coaching a NFL team and hand over control to them. I no longer think that's a coincidence.

Nothing about the hire of Holmes or Campbell makes me think they have changed their ways. I will continue to hope that THIS time is the time it works, but until I see undeniable evidence for that, I will believe that this is also not the time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's only a controversy if we allow it to be.

It was 23 years ago. He was a young guy. It was a dumb comment but it isn't a sexual assault allegation. Still, instead of just celebrating the new hire and what he brings to the table we are going to have another controversy with a good chunk of media questions being directed towards something non-football related. 

35 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It was 23 years ago. He was a young guy. It was a dumb comment but it isn't a sexual assault allegation. Still, instead of just celebrating the new hire and what he brings to the table we are going to have another controversy with a good chunk of media questions being directed towards something non-football related. 

Yeah, probably. IIRC, Josh Allen had made a similar comment a few years before the draft. He dealt with questions leading up to it, answered them and they kind of fell to the waste side after the draft. 

Urban Myer was a affiliated a two separate issues that he never really addressed personally. My memory on that could be wavering a bit though.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

In recent Lions fashion, a new HC hire is going to begin day 1 with controversy over past remarks/actions. 

Campbell made a homophobic comment at a pep-rally while at Texas A&M. 

That just Justin Rogers being stupid. He said “I’m glad I go to a school where men like women and women like men” 

Not exactly that bad for a 20 year old. Rogers is just trying to be relevant with this BS!

Anyone else get the vibe that Chris Speilman is going to have a much bigger role than they put on? I think he may even have final say on draft picks. Maybe I’m reading too much into this but Barry said Chris was running the interviews. Holmes is a scout essentially, they interviewed Campbell before the second interview with Holmes. I think these hires are both Speilman’s. I don’t hate it but I’m pretty sure Campbell was not a Holmes hire and I think Speilman has a much bigger role going forward. 

• Like 1