2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

So of the top 5 "cut" candidates I had for the Packers, we cut Kirksey and Wagner and kept Preston and Funchess at reduced salaries.

That just leaves Lowry. Packers save $3.3m by letting him go. I'd approach him about a cut just like Preston, taking him from about $6.3m down to around $3m, and he either takes it or bye. 

Yup, you would have to imagine Lowry is next. He has a cap hit for 21 and 22 at $13.6m. That's way too much coin for his level of production. We could use that cash for an upgrade easily. 

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

It has to be said that next year the Packers will be paying Smith $8m to go away as he will definitely be cut to avoid paying $20m. Had to be done - but just wanted to clarify

Or he plays well this year and there's an extension that's worked out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or he plays well this year and there's an extension that's worked out.

Or we do an extension and plays like crap every other year.  Extension if done better be team friendly for 50% of the time not playing well.  Not very likely he'll get that extension but something to think about I guess.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we stop posting what that moron thinks? He knows nothing about the salary cap.

If we cut Smith, he counts 8m against the cap, now he counts 9m. So for 1m we get to keep him versus losing him. Just a purely awful take.

I do get the hate take if you genuinely don’t think Preston is good. If you think that the better option would be cutting your loss now vs spreading a little signing bonus another year

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I do get the hate take if you genuinely don’t think Preston is good. If you think that the better option would be cutting your loss now vs spreading a little signing bonus another year

Saving what? 1m versus keeping him?

If you are rooting for the success of the Packers next year, then you like this deal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Saving what? 1m versus keeping him?

If you are rooting for the success of the Packers next year, then you like this deal. 

I said spreading. Now if he sucks we’re on the hook for more in 22. In addition, is Smith going to just take away PT from Gary who deserved more?

59 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol no reason to be mad at the Preston situation.. He's better than Ramsey and were paying the same amount as if hed been cut and the cap will jump again next year. 

If we get the every other year Preston Smith we will all be real happy he was retained.  

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Am I supposed to know who that guy is? Just looks like some guy on twitter.  I am also on twitter.  Sometimes I make big announcements like: "I'm hungry," and "I don't want to go to work." Other times me and @thrILL! will talk about music, and I will tell him that Alabama only beat Mizzou because they cheated.

5b97eacc-3e46-45da-b004-b7b1067f198f_tex

15 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’d rather have Hayward than JJ Watt. Probably more than Aaron Jones too if he’s healthy considering the rumored price tag

Hard pass on Hayward, not a fit and wasn’t originally either when we drafted him. Jones makes us monumentally better than Hayward. Our fascination with bringing back retreads needs to end, be happy he played well elsewhere but we’d get more value out of a guy that’s had success in Barry’s scheme Troy Hill is the target there to lock down the slot.