Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I disagree.  Context is important.  I can't speak for everyone but I personally don't look at Mahomes in this game (or any other QB who has a game like this) and put it all on him. That's never fair IMO.  

You do not have to 'put it all on him' in order to say he had a bad game though. His offensive line played like trash. It doesn't mean Mahomes played well automatically.

It really seems like Mahomes making a couple of flashy missed throws when the game was basically already lost is overshadowing the fact that they lost that game for real beforehand already in part because he kinda played like crap. 

Virtually every other QB and we just say thats what happened but Mahomes for some reason can't fail he can only be failed. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I disagree.  Context is important.  I can't speak for everyone but I personally don't look at Mahomes in this game (or any other QB who has a game like this) and put it all on him. That's never fair IMO.  

I don't think anyone is putting it all on him?

But he certainly could've played better. He wasn't the biggest problem tonight, but was definitely off.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

The same play, I believe.

They were back-to-back. And I've had a few at this point.

Also, not gonna lie. KC had a more than one big drop tonight. Kelce had a big one earlier in the game.

Absolutely, Chiefs had two big drops, but Mahomes also had an easy INT go right through the defenders hand and another INT not called (even though the game was over at that point). 

• Like 1

Any answer to SB LV MVP that is not Brady is clearly wrong.

• Playoff Larry had 135 yards and a score. He deserved consideration.
  • White was all over the place with 12 tackles, 2 TFLs , a pick. A hell of a game.
  • Suh has 1 1/2 sacks and a TFL. Good for him finally getting that ring and playing very well.
  • Barrett and JPP were pressuring Mahomes all night.
  • Gronk had 6 catches for 67 yards and 2 TDs and he also destroyed some people with blocks.
  • The Tampa O-line dominated especially when it was run out the clock time.

None of them played like 21-29 201 3 TDs and 0 picks for a 125.8 rating in a Super Bowl.

Brady was masterful.

Brady hate was lame 7 years ago. Now its just pathetic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Nah. Gara-polo put out a Gara-polo performance.

And he was better than Mahomes was today.

He was still the reason they lost. If you ever watch the coach film... Just yikes. The throws he misses (I don't mean regarding accuracy, I mean guys wide open he doesn't throw to) are just brutal. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

You do not have to 'put it all on him' in order to say he had a bad game though. His offensive line played like trash. It doesn't mean Mahomes played well automatically.

It really seems like Mahomes making a couple of flashy missed throws when the game was basically already lost is overshadowing the fact that they lost that game for real beforehand already in part because he kinda played like crap. 

Virtually every other QB and we just say thats what happened but Mahomes for some reason can't fail he can only be failed. 

Maybe it means that for as ******* good as Mahomes really is, he's human. And 29 pressures in a single game (which is absolutely insane) combined with his turf toe was too much for even him to overcome.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Any answer to SB LV MVP that is not Brady is clearly wrong.

• Playoff Larry had 135 yards and a score. He deserved consideration.
  • White was all over the place with 12 tackles, 2 TFLs , a pick. A hell of a game.
  • Suh has 1 1/2 sacks and a TFL. Good for him finally getting that ring and playing very well.
  • Barrett and JPP were pressuring Mahomes all night.
  • Gronk had 6 catches for 67 yards and 2 TDs and he also destroyed some people with blocks.
  • The Tampa O-line dominated especially when it was run out the clock time.

None of them played like 21-29 201 3 TDs and 0 picks for a 125.8 rating in a Super Bowl.

Brady was masterful.

Brady hate was lame 7 years ago. Now its just pathetic.

This doesn’t even make sense.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

It was a bit of a full team meltdown (including up and down by mahomes) combined with a straight up butt kicking by the bucs

I think anyone who says the refs cost the Chiefs the SB is out of touch with reality today.   It likely would have made it a little closer, but man, that was a dominant performance in all facets of the game.  It was telling that KC's ST were awful today.  They had a huge advantage over Tampa going into this game, and they ended up choking hard.

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Oh I agree. Both can be true. But how much weight are you putting on Mahomes vs the OL and dropped passes is the real question here.  I personally don't remember seeing very many bad passes by him tonight but do remember him making alot of throws that were dropped while under pressure. 

That's why I said, games like this you can't just put the majority of it on the QB.