Brady vs Jordan for 2nd greatest North American Athlete of all-time

NeptunePenguins

Since it’s the greatest athlete, I gotta go Michael Phelps. Individual sport, competing at the highest level in the Olympics, that man has: 28 medals (an astounding 23 of them gold) along with multiple works records... yeah that’s dominance at an unprecedented level.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I've seen some hockey fans say Mario was just as good as Wayne, but injuries/cancer cut his career short so many times and he also played in a era where scoring was tougher

With hockey there are plenty of fans that watched either Mario, Howe or Orr and will swear by them. But if you only watched Gretzky or are an average casual fan, odds are your choice is Gretzky. But the overall sentiment is that, Gretzky is the GOAT to most fans aside from some loyal hold overs, just like Brady is the GOAT to most fans aside from some loyal holdovers. Jordan on the other hand is clearly the GOAT to people who watched him but he’s never escaped debates with Wilt, Kareem and now Lebron 

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with being a pure athlete.  

If it’s about being a pure athlete then in team sports it’s probably Wilt Chamberlain who even has a shot and we really should exclusively be discussing boxers and the Olympic triathlon/decathlon 

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I've seen some hockey fans say Mario was just as good as Wayne, but injuries/cancer cut his career short so many times and he also played in a era where scoring was tougher

They both played in the same era.  Gretzky 79-99  Lemieux 84-97.

4 hours ago, August4th said:

Those fans are probably from the Pittsburgh area.

Tell them that McDavid is the most dominant forward since Jagr, just for kicks.

7 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I check and I raise you with this video 

I'm going to be honest, I didn't watch this Jordan video like at all, so yeah I just searched Michael Jordan was overrated. Probably has some decent points given it does have slightly more thumbs up, but then again I didn't watch it. Jordan is still within my top 2 maybe 3 best players ever. I don't really have a number 1 tbh, so neither LeBron, Jordan, or any other player I have at such a high spot tbh. The only thing I know for sure is that Jordan is way better than #11 of all-time. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

54 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Serena Williams is the GOAT is we are talking all sports...

yeah, no, not even the goat in tennis.

She has 23 grand slams,
23 Masters 1000 (where only the top top players play, second in achievement)
73 career titles. (Navratilova has 167)
Olympic golds (dominant, you could argue if they mean much, but lets take it into account)

Djokovic has 18 Grand slams
36 masters 1000, hes the only one that has won all of them and has done it twice!
83 career titles
Most weeks at number 1 ranking

If you looked at them now itd be an argument, but djokovic is winning 3-2 majors a year for now and the foreseeable future, He has a lot of years left as he is 6 years younger than serena. He is going to explode every record in the tennis book, in the toughest era against federer and nadal. and its in mens tennis the level is higher.

He´s already the best ever in tennis, and im a federer fan.

ive seen them play all their career, if you said best wta player i would agree.

Edited by ifeelasleep

How exactly could you consider Gretzky the GOAT of all sports? He was basically the Wilt Chamberlain of the NHL. If we are talking about the greatest winner in all of major sports (not Olympics), that's Bill Russell. 11/13 championship seasons (1 being player/coach btw). No one even comes close to that. Once you start including other factors, eh ok. It's not like I'm gonna argue someone if they have Jordan or Brady #1...there's an argument to be had for them. I'm just saying it's not clear cut and depends on criteria. I personally would put Brady ahead of Jordan and Russell above both of them, but again, that's just me.

Side Note: I absolutely LOVE/HATE athletes like Brady or Jordan. They both have those qualities that just strike terror in your heart everytime you face them because you know they are going to find a way to win, even if it's coming back from insane deficits. For me, as heartbreaking as it feels sometimes, that encapsulates the reason I love sports; rarely feel that emotion elsewhere

Edited by Dbrog24