Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

34 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’d take Jaire over Davenport by a lot. And id take Jaire and Savage over Davenport by a lot a lot.

Yeah I loved Davenport at the time and still expect him to turn into a good pass rusher but there's really no denying we made the right decision doing what we did.

15 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

I think it'll be close after the first half and then GB pulls away in the 3rd. Something like 17-13 at the half with a final score of 34-20 GB

I'd go the opposite way. Packers best chance to win is to go up early.

In that Jax heat, I'm expecting the NO run game to have worn the Packers defense down late in the 3rd and into the 4th. If NO have to pass to win from the mid 3rd quarter onwards, the Packers chances to win skyrocket, imo. I don't see Jameis winning a shootout.

So my prediction (more of a hope, really) is that the Packers jump out to a 10 point lead fairly quickly, then hang in there later in the game, putting up the odd score to keep the pressure on NO to pass more than they want to.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Packers should win this by at least 10 points.  Their defense is down a number of players .. secondary and DL have guys out due to injury and suspension.  On offense they have just 1 running back, down their best receiver and a new QB.  I do worry about our "special" teams though .. always bad coverage wise.   I want Rodgers to go off,  the running game to show its mettle and the defense to start using the players to their best abilities.   It's game time ... put up or shut up.

14 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Not who you play but when you play them, as always. Saints, Washington, and especially Chicago account for 4 of those games and I would be surprised if any of those 3 teams make the playoffs this year. On the flip side, I see the 49ers and Vikings games being much harder this year

WAS making the playoff would not surprise me at all.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

WAS making the playoff would not surprise me at all.

They are in the NFCE so yeah, but I'm not convinced they are some quality team. Dallas has no defense but they at least have an offense that'll be an issue for opposing defenses. I like Washington's skill players but Fitz is about as mid as it gets at QB