What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Finished Wednesday.  Great aesthetic, tone, loved the music, Burton's direction was good.  A few things really bogged it down though.  The "twist" was visible a mile away, like I think I pretty much called it at the end of the first episode.  The CGI was not good.  A few things were done well, but there were enough things that looked live action Scooby Doo bad that it took me out of it.  It may have been deliberate with the tone of the show, but if so, I think it was the wrong decision.  Thing was done great, probably the best SFX work in the show. The villains as a whole were pretty bland as well which didn't help.  That said, Jenna Ortega was fantastic as Wednesday, and after some early skepticism, I actually liked Guzman and Zeta Jones overall as Gomez and Morticia, and Gwendolyn Christie did a good job.  The school supporting cast was up and done, but overall I thought they were a net positive.  Overall, I definitely recommend a watch if you enjoy anything Addams Family.  I'd have this over pretty much everything except the first 90's movie.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Finished Wednesday.  Great aesthetic, tone, loved the music, Burton's direction was good.  A few things really bogged it down though.  The "twist" was visible a mile away, like I think I pretty much called it at the end of the first episode.  The CGI was not good.  A few things were done well, but there were enough things that looked live action Scooby Doo bad that it took me out of it.  It may have been deliberate with the tone of the show, but if so, I think it was the wrong decision.  Thing was done great, probably the best SFX work in the show. The villains as a whole were pretty bland as well which didn't help.  That said, Jenna Ortega was fantastic as Wednesday, and after some early skepticism, I actually liked Guzman and Zeta Jones overall as Gomez and Morticia, and Gwendolyn Christie did a good job.  The school supporting cast was up and done, but overall I thought they were a net positive.  Overall, I definitely recommend a watch if you enjoy anything Addams Family.  I'd have this over pretty much everything except the first 90's movie.

I would actually put it over the 90s adams family movie

Also, it was a big hit with my 12 year old daughter as well (who was only familar with the cartoon and was happy with Wednesday lack of fivehead). 

As for the twists, i think they did a good enough job there with a couple extra additional red herrings.

They could have easily ruined it but they didnt.

The CGI of the creature was very bad, but it was fine especially since its kind of a YA show, but actually good. If it was too realistic it might have been too scary.

I would put this on par with the Midnight Club where its enjoyable for both adults and 12 year olds alike. 

Theres so much on either ends of the spectrum that its great when it actually lines up and you can watch a show with your family without it being too boring or thinking that you really shouldnt be watching this content.

Probably the best thing Burton did since the first Batman (or Ed Wood for me but theres no way in hell my family would sit through that)

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 12:21 AM, Forge said:

Three episodes into Halt and catch fire. 

Finished. Bittersweet ending, but I thought it was well earned. I love shows that span a lot of time. I was totally able to buy how Joe went from where he was to where he ended without having to see it all. Same for someone like Donna. The period piece being set in the wild west of tech and Internet creation was a lot of fun

On 12/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, THE DUKE said:

I didn't realize the evil teacher was Christina Ricci until the credits