Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown removes jersey and shirt, storms off field mid game; Officially Released

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Logan already fought Mayweather though (exhibition) and it was a snoozefest. Logan vs. AB would be fun though.

Watching any Mayweather fight and expecting fireworks is setting you up for disappointment.  The guy is an expert boxer.  But if you don't appreciate that, it is real boring.  He was also giving up like 40 pounds to Paul, and there is a real reason that they have weight classes. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Brown's been a ****head since he was 17. The Steelers were just good about keeping the dirty laundry from the media. Walk into any bar in Pittsburgh and the fans have a "Antonio Brown being insane" story that will blow your mind. 

from twitter

"can we retroactively award Mike Tomlin as Coach of the Decade for housing Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell & Ben Roethlisberger together for five years... while going 13-3, 11-5, 10-6, 11-5 & 8-8 and winning 3 AFC North titles??"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Tom Brady made sure Antonio Brown hit his receptions incentive for $250,000 last year too. Calling easy toss and catch plays targeting Brown, getting him 3 more catches in the last 3 minutes of a blowout.

Based on that history and how close AB was to getting that money, I have no doubt that if he was a good teammate and good human, Brady would’ve been in Arians ear making sure AB got his incentives once again. 

Arians is generally good at making sure guys hit their incentives in the last game of the season. AB would have definitely been getting a lot of work next week if he hadn’t hit them yesterday.

Expect Mike Evans to have plenty of targets in the first half next week.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lancerman said:

A big differentiator is that TO is just an a hole and everyone knows it. AB if you look at his history clearly has deep seated issues and probably some mental imbalances that require serious professional help. AB's behavior is worse, but I think he has legitimate problems. TO was just selfish and could have controlled himself.

To be fair, TO never really shied away from acknowledging that he was a prick; he just didn't care that people thought he was and that bugged a lot of people.  It's not too dissimilar from Ocho Cinco (a lighter shade of gray, admittedly), he just really DGAF.  It's kind of why I never had a problem with TO, he largely owned who he was and didn't apologize for it.  I didn't necessarily like it, but I could respect it.  I felt like he started taking advantage of the reaction he was getting from people to troll/satirize in an era before trolling became such a culturally-widespread (arguably celebrated in some circles) thing.  I kind of equate TO to guy like Tom Cruise (who is another one you could make an argument for having some clinical variety of mental illness), he's an arrogant b-hole, but he doesn't really represent himself as being anything different - he doesn't got out of his way to correct some people trying to portray him differently, but he's also not presenting that.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

To be fair, TO never really shied away from acknowledging that he was a prick; he just didn't care that people thought he was and that bugged a lot of people.  It's not too dissimilar from Ocho Cinco (a lighter shade of gray, admittedly), he just really DGAF.  It's kind of why I never had a problem with TO, he largely owned who he was and didn't apologize for it.  I didn't necessarily like it, but I could respect it.  I felt like he started taking advantage of the reaction he was getting from people to troll/satirize in an era before trolling became such a culturally-widespread (arguably celebrated in some circles) thing.  I kind of equate TO to guy like Tom Cruise (who is another one you could make an argument for having some clinical variety of mental illness), he's an arrogant b-hole, but he doesn't really represent himself as being anything different - he doesn't got out of his way to correct some people trying to portray him differently, but he's also not presenting that.

I agree with all of this. TO acted like a **** but was self aware and knew it and pretty much accepted that a lot of people wouldn't be cool with him over it. He got off on the bragadocia and was willing to take the fall out. 

AB is something entirely different that is so much more obviously a mental health issue of an unbalanced person who needs serious help. If we are being entirely honest, we praise the people that were able to surpress it, but they were just selflish and doing damage control because they wanted to use his talent to win games. Anybody in any position of authority that wasn't hell bent on winning would have made him get serious help and let him being a football contributor come second

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I agree with all of this. TO acted like a **** but was self aware and knew it and pretty much accepted that a lot of people wouldn't be cool with him over it. He got off on the bragadocia and was willing to take the fall out. 

AB is something entirely different that is so much more obviously a mental health issue of an unbalanced person who needs serious help. If we are being entirely honest, we praise the people that were able to surpress it, but they were just selflish and doing damage control because they wanted to use his talent to win games. Anybody in any position of authority that wasn't hell bent on winning would have made him get serious help and let him being a football contributor come second

In fairness, getting to see TO outside of football and that he didn't drop the "I'm TO" persona/attitude, did a lot to reinforce that he was just one of those guys who was perfectly fine with not being liked and wasn't going to go out of his way to convince people that didn't like him to change their minds.

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from twitter

"can we retroactively award Mike Tomlin as Coach of the Decade for housing Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell & Ben Roethlisberger together for five years... while going 13-3, 11-5, 10-6, 11-5 & 8-8 and winning 3 AFC North titles??"

I really wish we didn't think of **** like this because the other way to look at is that Tomlin was willing to hide and cover for a person with serious issues because he only cared about winning. And at the end of the day, it didn't matter, Brown still blew up **** in Pittsburgh and ended up being worse after he left. Also as a Brady fan, I will say that Brady never should have forced Brown on the team. It's clear he doesn't have business on a football field with his problems and he was just being used because he could run and catch well.

Brown has most of the culpability here for not seeking out help, but the fact that their are people that are going to let an obvious headcase who needs professional help continue to meltdown so long as they can squeeze some good performances out of him isn't a good thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from twitter

Antonio Brown was the only real nutcase of that group, and he didnt go completely crazy until his last 2 years or so.

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from twitter

As a Raider fan, if Tomlin gets fired he's #1 on my HC list. 

TO played a role and understood the attention it brought. It's why he embraced it more and more as he understood 'branding' before others did and in PR any attention is good PR

EXCEPT....

When you are AB. YIKES!!!